Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 05-31-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Reebok commercials

Have you all seen the Reebok commercials for their Easy Tone sneakers? I hate them and so does my friend. She wrote this letter to the editor or our local paper. She has also shot off letters to various Reebok offices. Im proud of her.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
aocutiepi
a beautiful mess.

aocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticed

Is it horrible of me that I have seen the commercial and gave no thought to how horrible objectifying that it was? I consider myself to be a pretty big feminist and I can't believe that I just let that slip right by. On the same vein, how many other women probably just let it slip by?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aocutiepi View Post
Is it horrible of me that I have seen the commercial and gave no thought to how horrible objectifying that it was? I consider myself to be a pretty big feminist and I can't believe that I just let that slip right by. On the same vein, how many other women probably just let it slip by?
I think most women don't even realize how demeaning the commercial is, because we're just been conditioned to ignore sexism. Its everywhere, but we're so used to it, we don't even recognize it anymore.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just watched the ad on youtube. It plays on women's insecurities, desires, and fears. That's basically advertising in a nutshell. I'm not really surprised by it.

But yeah, their tagline - "'better' thighs and a 'better' butt with every step"...the whole ad is crap.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I haven't seen this ad at all. Maybe it was shown a few times then pulled...it is a ridiculous and stupid idea for a sneaker ad tho.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Can someone link it?
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My ass and boobs often have steel cage death matches to see who is hotter. As result I am covered with scars and imperfections. Reebok needs to stop promoting this unhealthy competition. OMG my ass has a knife....
Old 06-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
Duniwin
rebmeM sdrawkcaB

Duniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going onDuniwin knows EXACTLY what's going on

Woah... that's my local paper!
...It's a small world, I guess.

Not only do I live in Dalton, I think I know who your friend is.

Yeah, that's a pretty blatantly sexist commercial. The one with the talking breasts is objectification in the truest sense.

Then again the Old Spice commercials with Isaiah Mustafa are pretty sexist as well.

Kaylee: Is that him?
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: But how will we know for sure, unless we question it?
Duniwin is offline   Reply With Quote