Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 07-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #51
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've got a small handful of BBW friends who are trying ever so desperately to lose weight. But also, they are on the smaller end of the BBW spectrum and are in denial about even being one, so they shop at stores that aren't meant for them and squeeze into things that are too small for them. Meanwhile, I'm like twice their size and shopping in a store where I can literally find clothes to swim in!

I pretty much NEVER go shopping with my friends if it's to find something for me. It's always for them. Once in awhile I will take a gay male friend with me because he's got a good creative eye and we're a lot alike in tastes, so he's like my second voice, but that's about it. I usually have to do everything alone.

I've been losing touch with a lot of friends lately, so a lot of them are becoming "non-friends" which really sucks.

I'd like to have a BBW friend who KNOWS she's a BBW. It's not gonna happen in my town but I'd still like for that to happen so that we can hang out and not always feel alone.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #52
UnknownSpirit01
King of the ______

UnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I'd like to have a BBW friend who KNOWS she's a BBW. It's not gonna happen in my town but I'd still like for that to happen so that we can hang out and not always feel alone.
That makes two of us!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #53
Candy_Coated_Clown

Candy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
I only ask that they have a good self confidence about their size and don't bitch about being 'so fat' or saying 'I can't eat that I have to watch my weight'. I don't tolerate that from any woman regardless if they are a size 2 or size 20. But other that, my friends are various sizes. One of my best friends is a size 2, but she is so cool and people say we look like sisters, lol.
On this note, that reminds me that whether someone is a fat or thin friend, I would prefer friendships with fellow foodies. I find that people who aren't, tend to be judgmental of those who really enjoy and indulge in food, especially if you are fat and love food.

It might not always be an intentionally negative response, but there's this mental disconnect and the constant thought of, "I just don't get it," from non-foodies, which leads to judgment.

Nigella Lawson said something very cool in an interview that I've always adored referring to: "If your body is the enemy, how can you relax and take pleasure? Everything is about control, rather than relaxing, about holding everything in."

That statement is so true, especially since I've experienced what she's described.
Candy_Coated_Clown is offline   Reply With Quote