Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default (Food) PICS! Heavenly Bodies Memorial Day Weekend Event

I couldn't bring myself to post these pics in the thread on the main board (where I posted other pics from the weekend). I just had to save them to post here!

While in the Boston area at the Heavenly Bodies Memorial Day Weekend event, Nancy and I decided to take a little detour and head up to Cape Ann - more specifically Rockport and Gloucester. I love Cape Ann! I used to vacation there all the the time, but it's been 9 years since I was there last.

OK, I know this is not a food related pic, but I am setting the mood, okay?

Rockport34.jpg

Rockport, Massachusetts (that red building is the famous "Motif #1")
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Again, no food yet...

NancyRockport37.jpg

Here's Nancy
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 05-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

After walking around Bearskin Neck in Rockport, we went off in search of lunch. We ended up at Captain Carlo's Seafood Restaurant in Gloucester. Nancy was a good sport because she HATES fish. She got fried chicken

I, on the other hand, got a "clam bake" which started with amazing New England Clam Chowder (oops, no photo). Then a bowl of real steamers (steamed clams - the Ipswich variety). HEAVENLY!

Me-n-Steamers39.jpg

mmMMMmm clams!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Steamers 41.jpg

Unfortunately, they forgot to give me a bowl of clam broth so I could wash the sand off the clams. So while I waited for it, I began opening the clams and setting them on the rim of the bowl. (This is friggin' killing me! I want to go back and get MORE!)
Old 05-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Next, you guessed it...

Sigh...anyone who knows me, knows lobsters are my weakness. This guy did not disappoint. He was big, tender and sweet. They gave me mediocre cole slaw and a baked potato, too. But who cares! I just dunked my sweet lobster in butter again and again...and nothing else mattered. Not even world peace (for at least 10 minutes).
Old 05-29-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

We got back to the hotel at 5 PM, just in time to meet everyone for...yup! Dinner! OK, so I wasn't all that hungry. But that didn't stop me from taking pics.

I thought this was so cute!

DeidraAMbibs44.jpg

Deidra and AnnMarie with their bibs!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:51 PM   #7
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Very nice pictures!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Everyone around me got pasta with a cream sauce! Fat people know how to live!

CarlaPasta45.jpg

Carla and her pasta
Old 05-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #9
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

StephenPasta46.jpg

Stephen and his
Old 05-29-2006, 08:55 PM   #10
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

NancyCarbonara47.jpg

And Nancy and her Carbonara
Old 05-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #11
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

UncannyBruceman brought 4 dozen donuts into the room where we were doing karaoke. We all went nuts! They really hit the spot. THANKS, Bruce!

Of course I went for my fave...Boston Cream (What else! Even when I'm not in Boston.)
Old 05-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #12
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm glad all the food was good, and you had a good time!
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:33 PM   #13
BBWMoon
Kisses

BBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBWMoon is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Wow! I'm sooooo jealous that you went to Cape Ann!!!!!
I absolutely love Rockport! Sadly, the last time I went my favorite chowder house on Bearskin Neck was no longer... but times change!

It's such a quaint town... adore it!

I'm sorry I didn't make it this weekend, but I'll be coming up for NAAFA in August.

It looks like everyone had a blast! Great Pics!
BBWMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #14
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Great pics, as always, Randi!!

I so wish we lived closer to New England..that looked like a blast, and I do love some seafood. Yum.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:58 AM   #15
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
We got back to the hotel at 5 PM, just in time to meet everyone for...yup! Dinner! OK, so I wasn't all that hungry. But that didn't stop me from taking pics.

I thought this was so cute!

Attachment 6417

Deidra and AnnMarie with their bibs!
This is my favorite photo, because they're so obviously too cool bib-hating chicks. They look like a couple of high school girls with their feathers well-ruffled.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #16
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
This is my favorite photo, because they're so obviously too cool bib-hating chicks. They look like a couple of high school girls with their feathers well-ruffled.

You're basically correct, but when it comes to saving a new white shirt while eating soup and a red sauce entree, I'm not too proud. I said those exact words when I put the bib in... LOL, and apologized to all of my dining companions.

I cleary value my clothing more than my pride.