Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #26
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So far, I only like Papa John's version of the BBQ Chicken and Bacon pizza. I totally devoured a couple of slices last night..yummm.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #27
RockinFFA

RockinFFA can now change their title

You guys should come to Savastano's! It's owned by the Savastano family and I've been working there since April The deep dish pizzas are HUGE! It's right on the border between Tulsa and Bixby, Oklahoma
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAVASTANOS PIZZA 013.jpg (23.4 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg whichoneiswhich.jpg (102.8 KB, 157 views)
RockinFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #28
willowmoon
Don't Panic!

willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinFFA View Post
You guys should come to Savastano's! It's owned by the Savastano family and I've been working there since April The deep dish pizzas are HUGE! It's right on the border between Tulsa and Bixby, Oklahoma
Holy hell, now THAT looks good!!
willowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #29
Fletcher Harrison

Fletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot pics

Mack and Mancos in Ocean City NJ...end of discussion.
No corporate pizza can compare...
Fletcher Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #30
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Damn Good Pies are...damn good (cue rimshot). Seriously though, I've yet to eat anything there I didn't like, although their hand-tossed "The Greek" is my definite favorite. (and they make killer stuffed mushrooms the size of a house)

http://www.damgoodepies.com/?gclid=C...FRKdnAod9i6-nQ
(I'd also like to shake the hand of their website designer and the person with the great sense of humor)

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #31
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Re-reading the thread and Casting Pearls' post reminded me of the pizza I'm like, always craving... It's called Senape's and if you live in/around Hazelton, PA you need to go get yourself a box. Now.
(it's mountain pizza...without american cheese. I know, just hear me out on this one)
Old 07-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #32
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Dibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Bills Pizza in Mundelein IL. Only place that I know of that has double decker pizza and has had it since the 50's.

http://www.ylunch.com/mundelein/bill...lls-pizza.html

can't figure out how to post pictures but links I can do..lol there's a picture of the pizza there.
Dibaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #33
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
Re-reading the thread and Casting Pearls' post reminded me of the pizza I'm like, always craving... It's called Senape's and if you live in/around Hazelton, PA you need to go get yourself a box. Now.
(it's mountain pizza...without american cheese. I know, just hear me out on this one)
I know a lot of people don't get the 'different cheese' thing but guys trust me--it DOES work. Some Old Forge style pizza contains a mix of your typical pizza type cheeses with American and cheddar thrown in....some, cheddar or American only--either way--it's all sooooo good.

Hazelton is around an hour from me. (Everything in PA is at least an hour from everything else...) I might try that.....good suggestion!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:03 AM   #34
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Old Time Fave

Mmmmm, yum!!! Shakee's in Tuscon, back
in 1976! Papa John and Papa Murphy's
(take n bake, great value!) are good.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #35
deepreflection
EruptIntoABev-Rage w/GLUG

deepreflection can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesdeepreflection can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Angelo and Vince's which I believe was outside of Pasadena but it was really late and that neighborhood was incredibly dark. LA neighborhoods are not my thing. It was complete with real mobsters running the show and screaming clearly *questionable* things in nearly unintelligible grammar at guys on the other end of the phone. This was back when a car phone came in a leather bag and still had a cord.

Had a standard crust, red sauce, pepperoni, sausage and mushroom.
and
An olive oil, basil, pizza Margherita that I recall we added something to.

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in it" - William Shakespeare
deepreflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #36
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lombardi's in NYC. For sure. OMG I want to go get on a train to NYC right now for some. Followed by a (few dozen) Butter Lane Cupcakes. Oh dear me I need to get to the city.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #37
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Man..I wish I had known about this while I lived there...when did it open?
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #38
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Holy crap. That pizza looks worth a 2 hour drive.

My favorite deep dish is Lou Malnati's in Chicago. Grew up with it and have never found anything remotely close until I found Felix & Oscar's in Des Moines, IA. Damn good pizza.

For thin crust, White Cottage in I *THINK* Itasca or Wood Dale, IL is great. Second is a place called the Tavern in Des Moines, IA. Yum. They make a Bacon Cheeseburger pizza that is TO DIE FOR. Its got cheese, bacon, hamburger and PICKLES. On the pizza! Insanely good.
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 AM   #39
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

All of these pictures are killing me. I think we need to arrange a pizza tasting tour of the US. Seriously. Let's buy a bus and go
Old 08-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #40
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
All of these pictures are killing me. I think we need to arrange a pizza tasting tour of the US. Seriously. Let's buy a bus and go
Don't tempt me, Goofy. I've put together field trips to baseball stadiums in the past, so this isn't out of the question.

Actually, this can be accomplished to a certain extent in metro areas like Philly, Boston, and NY, who offer diverse styles of pizza. It's not as long a trip, but can be done at a lower cost, and in far less time. I know at least a dozen and a half places in Jersey alone that bake their pizza in different ways, and with different doughs, and other ingredients.

Hmmmmmmmm..........perhaps a post NJ bash event?
Old 08-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #41
Jeannie
Connect the dots

Jeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 clubJeannie is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Your post pulled me out of deep lurk mode! I just had to comment.

I live in South Tulsa and I've had your pizza twice. Pepperoni each time. It's fantastic! Still need to get back for the sausage!!

Great to see someone from the area posting!
Jeannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #42
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Hazelton is around an hour from me. (Everything in PA is at least an hour from everything else...) I might try that.....good suggestion!
Yeah, Hazelton's where my mom grew up and we have so much family there. The entire area just feels so homey to me
Old 08-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #43
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Villa Pizza Mattoon I'll. John Arena makes an awesome pie!!
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #44
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnie1653 View Post
My favorite deep dish is Lou Malnati's in Chicago.
I have nothing to add to this thread. Lou Malnati's reigns supreme.