Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Candy_Coated_Clown

Candy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticed
Question All About Soups

Do you have any favorite soups? What are they?

I'm a big fan of both fruit soups (for sweet refreshers at breakfast, after a meal or in between) and well-dressed vegetable soups. Some great vegetable and fruit soups are sour cherry soup, butternut squash soup, strawberry soup, tomato bisque soup, blueberry cream soup, and creamed potato soup.

Ethnic soups are especially good.

I also adore New England clam chowder and have been thinking of making clam chowder from scratch (including sourdough bread) in the last few days. Some things I'd want to add would be bits of bacon, red potatoes rather than russet, and possibly some buttery-flavored beans, to further enhance the texture and richness of the soup -- a soup that is thick, rich, hearty, and additively creamy and flavorful.

I was also thinking of making a scallop chowder. I love scallops, so they could make a great-tasting chowder, too. They'll also go well with clams or mussels.
Candy_Coated_Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love soup

chinese chicken and sweet corn is a fav, so in won ton or short soup

I love making my own ramin style soups as well because its quick and simple

also veggie and bacon bone is a fav (although bacon bones have been hard to come by this year) basically as my mum tells me all the time put 10
+ veggies chopped in the pot with the bacon bones cover with water and simmer for well ages lol soo good and good without the bacon bones to
Old 07-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

lol, what is 'ethnic' soup?

I am addicted to soup.....

Leek and potato, with bacon bits. Nice and chunky, dollop of sour cream on top

French onion, with lots of bread and cheese

Dhal with lentils, potato and onion

yummmmm hungry now
Old 07-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
Candy_Coated_Clown

Candy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus_dxb View Post
lol, what is 'ethnic' soup?

Soups from ethnic cuisine such as tom Ka gai, mulligatawny, spicy pho, callaloo and so forth.
Candy_Coated_Clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:53 AM   #5
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You should check out this thread

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...%27s+soup+kick

There's another one I think...but can't remember it's name right now...lots of good recipes!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #6
agnieszka

agnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesagnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I could kill for potatoes and leek soup and beetroot one.
agnieszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Let's not forget borscht!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #8
agnieszka

agnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesagnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Let's not forget borscht!
It's called 'barszcz' and it is absolutely fab :-D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht
agnieszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nuffin' is simpler or better than Leek and Potato Soup.

Peel and dice some taters and start them boiling in some water.
Clean the leeks (get all of the sand out), chop, and sauté them with butter and olive oil.
The taters should be ready when the leeks are.
Dump the leeks into the tater pot and mash just enough to thicken.
Add salt and pepper and you're good to go.

Guess what we're having for supper tonight?

- Jim
Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #10
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Nuffin' is simpler or better than Leek and Potato Soup.

Peel and dice some taters and start them boiling in some water.
Clean the leeks (get all of the sand out), chop, and sauté them with butter and olive oil.
The taters should be ready when the leeks are.
Dump the leeks into the tater pot and mash just enough to thicken.
Add salt and pepper and you're good to go.

Guess what we're having for supper tonight?

- Jim
I make Leek and Potato soup all the time, I know I've posted the recipe here somewhere, maybe in the Soup is good food thread. It's loaded with potatoes, leeks and other tasty bits.

I also love onion soup, vegetable soup, Pasta E Fagioli, broccolli, heck, just about any soup. I just love soup.

Last edited by PamelaLois; 07-26-2010 at 09:20 PM.
PamelaLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
I make Leek and Potato soup all the time, I know I've posted the recipe here somewhere, maybe in the Soup is good food thread. It's loaded with potatoes, leeks and other tasty bits.

I also love onion soup, vegetable soup, Pasta E Fagioli, broccolli, heck, just about any soup. I just love soup.
Oh mama of my sigline -

Yeah, me too.

You can spiff up potato and leek soup with cream, mushrooms, chives, bacon, etc., but it's awesome with just taters and leeks.

When we were living out in the boonies in Southwest Virginia, I went to a supermarket and asked a clerk if they had any leeks. She looked up at the ceiling and shook her head. (I'm not making this up.)

Oh well, fuck potato and leek soup for a while.

- Jim
Old 08-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
PhatChk

PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PhatChk has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am a huge clear broth and cream soup fan.

Beef broth been my fav.
Cream wise clam chowder, potato, and cheese and bacon soup.
Tortilla soup with sour cream and chunks of avocado.
And most of alll "PHO"
I go crazy for it. I have it at least twice a month.

Eats and Seats :eat2:NEW ENTRY
I am looking for writers to contribute to the blog.
Ask me anything http://formspring.me/LadyGrn
PhatChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #13
KendraLee

KendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging in

I LOVE SOUPS!
Some of the best soups were the ones my Gram would make. She'd make this clear broth tomato and celery soup with the stock made from a huge chunk of bone in beef that would make the best sandwiches to dip in the soup
KendraLee is offline   Reply With Quote