Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-06-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Orgasmic Fast Food Salad

Maybe it's summer's heat getting to me, but Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken salad with pomegranate vinaigrette just SENDS me. Has anyone else tried it?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks for the tip Cat, I'll give it a try!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Heading to wendy's now. Will report back!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Grrrrr....

My Wendy's doesn't offer it
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Heh. Going to get this salad for lunch and bothering my sister at work AT THE SAME TIME... It's already a win (she's worked at wendys for 3 years, lord bless her)
Old 06-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Grrrrr....

Oh no!! A crying shame, that is!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My Wendy's doesn't have it either.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:15 AM   #8
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can't have fruit or nuts in my salad. It just seems wrong.

But I am glad you are buying orgasms at your local Wendy's. I am totally jealous.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 AM   #9
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

'Fast food salads' & 'orgasms': Not a combination ya see every day.

I'll give it a try.

- Jim
Old 06-21-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I finally got one today! Delicious salad....clearly the best I've had from a fast food restaurant, and frankly better than many regular restaurant salads too! Two Thumbs Up!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
Cat
Gone baby gone

Oh, I'm so glad you got to experience it, too! I was getting concerned it was going to be a regional option.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #12
lypeaches

Yeah, I appreciate the tip, Cat. For you others...it only arrived at my Wendy's this last week...so maybe it will come to your area soon.

For meat eaters, another fast food salad I like is the Quiznos Black and Blue.... (roast beef, bleu cheese, scallions and tomatoes with a balsamic vinaigrette)
Old 07-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #13
Laura2008
Chicago hotdog

Laura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 club

They finally brought this salad to my local Wendy's (Detroit area). It really is a great salad. They were out of the pomegranate vinaigrette...grrrr...but a last minute ranch substitute still was delicious. They have 3 or 4 new salads that look awesome.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #14
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Grrrrr....

Yay! We've got it now. Review to follow shortly.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 PM   #15
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

yep we got it here too... gonna try it soon!
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #16
lypeaches

Just had it again for supper last night. Mmmmmmmmmmm!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #17
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

OMG. Best fast food salad EVER. And pretty damn good in general. It had crumbled blue cheese and dried cranberries, and the pecans are glazed, and you get a packet of them to add. Love the apples, and the chicken was moist and perfectly cooked. Loved the pomegranate salad dressing.

Loved the salad.

Thanks for the tip, Cat!!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #18
Cat
Gone baby gone

Quote:
OMG. Best fast food salad EVER. And pretty damn good in general. It had crumbled blue cheese and dried cranberries, and the pecans are glazed, and you get a packet of them to add. Love the apples, and the chicken was moist and perfectly cooked. Loved the pomegranate salad dressing.

Loved the salad.

Thanks for the tip, Cat!!
*phew* I'm glad you liked it! You are a pretty tough food critic, so I'm glad it passed the SVS test!
Old 07-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #19
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
*phew* I'm glad you liked it! You are a pretty tough food critic, so I'm glad it passed the SVS test!
LOL...oh man, I have a rep! Not sure if that's good or bad.

btw, I told my boss about this salad today. She's a vegetarian so we're wondering if they can make it without chicken and charge less? She said she did that in the past, but the fast food place charged exactly the same without the chicken. Seems unfair.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I split the Bacon Cobb yesterday and it was super yummy.
I really prefer Wendy's chicken to any other fast food.
I can finish say... a jack in the box salad but we split this and both were full. So I will say it was a good size. Filling enough for a dinner or split between two people as a side for dinner.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #21
Cat
Gone baby gone

Default A New One at Wendy's

They now have a limited edition summer salad at Wendy's: Berry Almond salad (with or without chicken). Not *quite* as yummy as the apple pecan offering, but it has fresh blueberries, strawberries and a raspberry vinaigrette -- good stuff! The thing that was throwing my tastebuds off was the large shavings of parmeasan (or some other similarly tasting cheese). It just didn't *go* with it, in my opinion. All in all, however, still a really good salad. Ya can't beat the use of seasonal ingredients, too. Seasonal freshness is something rarely found in fast food options.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #22
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

Had the apple pecan last night... I ate twice from it and couldn't finish it.
They left the blue cheese off... so thats probably why I prefer the cobb variety. I have trouble with fruit in salads for some reason... actually fruit in savory things is tricky for me in general I find.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #23
Crystal

Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebebeblue View Post
Had the apple pecan last night... I ate twice from it and couldn't finish it.
They left the blue cheese off... so thats probably why I prefer the cobb variety. I have trouble with fruit in salads for some reason... actually fruit in savory things is tricky for me in general I find.
Ugh. I've had it twice now. The first time, it was ahh-mazing. The second time, they left off the blue cheese and it was awful.

Still can't decide if I wanna risk it and try again. It's expensive for a fast food salad.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #24
blue_eyes

blue_eyes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblue_eyes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I got it tonight and loved it but I had them leave off the blue cheese cuz I can't eat cheese with mold on it lol
blue_eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #25
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I finally got around to getting this salad today and it was yummy! I've never mixed fruit and and lettuce but I really enjoyed both the apples and the cranberries mixed with the lettuce. I wasn't sure i'd like the dressing but it was very, very good. I am going to look for something similar at the store.