Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #26
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
OMG yes!! Do they even still make that flavor!?! I need to get my shoes on and go right now! lol
Squeeee! According to their website, they do!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #27
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't even eat meat anymore but for reals, a large Kelly's Roast Beef with sauce and cheese tramples any and all foodstuffs.

Even better when you're ordering it from the original Revere Beach location @ 3am and a fight breaks out between the juicehead khed in front of you and the Puerto Rican dude behind you while one of their girlfriends screams "FUCK 'EM UP DONNY, BEAT HIS AAAAAAASSSS!!"
Old 08-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #28
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

New Jersey:

Fried or grilled pork roll (also called Taylor ham), egg and cheese on a hard roll.

Disco Fries: french fries topped with mozzarella cheese and gravy. (cheese and type of gravy depending on city. I'm from Hudson County)

Northeastern Pennsylvania:

Glazed apple fritters the size of a hubcap.

Old Forge, PA-style pizza. Sold in square 'trays' often made with a blend of cheeses including American and cheddar.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #29
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
I don't even eat meat anymore but for reals, a large Kelly's Roast Beef with sauce and cheese tramples any and all foodstuffs.

Even better when you're ordering it from the original Revere Beach location @ 3am and a fight breaks out between the juicehead khed in front of you and the Puerto Rican dude behind you while one of their girlfriends screams "FUCK 'EM UP DONNY, BEAT HIS AAAAAAASSSS!!"
Excellent choice!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #30
BBW_Blondie

BBW_Blondie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBBW_Blondie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I spent a wee bit of my life in far east Texas, where its the fringe of cajun bayou country. I was able to enjoy <name of seafood> etoufee, frog legs, <name of cooking method> catfish, red beans and rice, gumbo.. and yet still have some Texas styles like chili, bbq brisket.. and the usual southern influence of everything with gravy.

ETA: And grits.. can't forget grits.
Fuzzy...next time you are in the East TX/LA area...seek out some shrimp and grits...pure heaven for the tastebuds.

BTW: Catfish is a Friday/Saturday night All You Can Eat extravaganza in most of East TX. Can't get better than that!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #31
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post

I don't think a Kelly's can technically be open late night unless the above scenario is set up. I think it's in their employee manual. Nothing like a show with dinner!
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:34 PM   #32
Indy

Indy can now change their title

Ashley; where did you live in Indiana? Here in north central tenderloins are served like your picture shows, never heard on them served with slaw. A new trend is fatter 'loins not pounded out as thin, I like this direction, more pork flavor. Some folks still want them thin, one drive-in serves them dinner plate size! We still have 3 local drive-ins with car hops!
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #33
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Ashley; where did you live in Indiana? Here in north central tenderloins are served like your picture shows, never heard on them served with slaw. A new trend is fatter 'loins not pounded out as thin, I like this direction, more pork flavor. Some folks still want them thin, one drive-in serves them dinner plate size! We still have 3 local drive-ins with car hops!
I'm from north central! I'm told that they're not served with slaw much anymore, but that's how our local drive-in always did them. Mmmm.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #34
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
I don't think a Kelly's can technically be open late night unless the above scenario is set up. I think it's in their employee manual. Nothing like a show with dinner!
The new one in Allston keeps a BPD officer standing opposite the counter precisely because Kelly's employee manual is nothing but the Massachusetts Athletic Commission's Boxing Rulebook with a different cover.

Bareknuckle brawls improve any dining experience by two stars on yelp.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #35
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Photographic documentation of the greatest fast food in the world

I am beyond pleased that the photo from wikipedia features a guy with a shaved head wearing a tank top and jorts.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #36
dcoyote

dcoyote can now change their title

WV pepperoni rolls. They're best warm and fresh, but gas station ones are good too. For those who haven't had one, they aren't the same as pizza rolls or calzones. They're a bread roll with either just pepperoni or pepperoni and cheese inside. They tend to be greasy from the pepperoni, but the bread soaks it up. Actually, the greasy bread is my favorite part.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #37
FredtheFA

FredtheFA has said some nice things

For me it's a toss up between grouper or red snapper.
FredtheFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #38
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

My Texas favorites:

Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy. Close second - Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, Texas Toast and gravy.

Blue Bell Ice Cream

Fried okra

Dr. Pepper made with cane sugar (not corn syrup) - made at the original Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin, TX.

Peanut patties and Pecan Pralines (and it's pe-con, not pee-can)!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #39
Albino_taters
Destroyer of Sammiches

Albino_taters can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAlbino_taters can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Growing up near Chicago, I have to go with deep dish pizza. It's just never right anywhere else. While I was living in Florida, though, they did have my favorite chain deep dish joint, it was like the Chicago embassy to me.
Albino_taters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #40
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin1024 View Post
My Texas favorites:

Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy. Close second - Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, Texas Toast and gravy.

Blue Bell Ice Cream

Fried okra

Dr. Pepper made with cane sugar (not corn syrup) - made at the original Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin, TX.

Peanut patties and Pecan Pralines (and it's pe-con, not pee-can)!
I have a case shipped to me every now and then. Dublin is the only plant that will ship cross-country. I'm not much of a soda drinker but I need a DP every now and then and that Imperial Cane sugar makes my teeth squeak! LOL

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:09 AM   #41
Mythik
Visualize Cod Peace

Mythik has super-sized repMythik has super-sized repMythik has super-sized repMythik has super-sized repMythik has super-sized rep

Chile verde, the way it's made down in New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado. Whether it's smothering a burrito, or served in a bowl with hot tortillas, it's delicious.
Mythik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #42
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I have a case shipped to me every now and then. Dublin is the only plant that will ship cross-country. I'm not much of a soda drinker but I need a DP every now and then and that Imperial Cane sugar makes my teeth squeak! LOL

People around here are CRAZY about the original Dr. Pepper. A carton or case of sugar cane Dr. Pepper is always a good item to have to auction off at fund raisers. I've seen people pay ridiculous amounts of money for original Dr. Pepper at fund raisers while other items just sit gathering dust. HAHA!

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote