Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 08-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #51
blubberismanly

blubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
LA hasn't been a fat-friendly place for me and I think it can sometimes be an unfriendly place for a lot of people who move here from other locations.
I've seen diet ads on billboards around downtown LA...says a lot.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:27 AM   #52
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

If you had the power to change your FA-ness...
would you? How?

There is no reason to change that. I love and live my FA-ness, no excuse, no regret, no shame, no shyness. It's my life.
Blockierer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #53
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

When I was an adolescent it might've made things a bit simpler but I'm not sure? There's always going to be something that works and something that doesn't, no matter what your hot buttons are. In my experience self-acceptance is pretty fundamental to being acceptable to someone else. Bottom line (npi) I just don't think it's possible to deliberately change one's sexuality. A preference, maybe, but I can admit my FAness runs a little deeper and closer to the bone (OK, pun intended).
Old 08-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #54
UnknownSpirit01
King of the ______

UnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized rep

I wouldn't change it at all, I'm fine with how I see women of all sizes. I am who I am and I'm fine with it.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #55
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberismanly View Post
I've seen diet ads on billboards around downtown LA...says a lot.
Well, I think you'll see diet ads on billboards in most major cities. That's kind of par for the course. For me, it has more to do with the attitude of most guys I've met here...at least the white guys. They just don't want to date fat women, or at least consider having a long-term relationship with one. We're ok for a one night stand or occasional booty call, but they're not interested in much else, at least in my experience. Most black and Hispanic guys in LA (not all, but most, from my experience) have no problem dating fat women. I've dated some but usually find that we don't share a lot of cultural interests, which really doesn't lend itself to a serious relationship.

I just have to keep telling myself that I'll find the right guy some day. I sincerely doubt I'll find him in LA, but I'm trying to keep my options open. As soon as the economy's more stable, I'd like to find a new place to call home. But until that happens, I just have to work with what I've got.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #56
blubberismanly

blubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
I just have to keep telling myself that I'll find the right guy some day. I sincerely doubt I'll find him in LA, but I'm trying to keep my options open. As soon as the economy's more stable, I'd like to find a new place to call home. But until that happens, I just have to work with what I've got.
*raises glass*

Couldn't agree more. LA is too stuck up.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #57
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Well, I think you'll see diet ads on billboards in most major cities. That's kind of par for the course. For me, it has more to do with the attitude of most guys I've met here...at least the white guys. They just don't want to date fat women, or at least consider having a long-term relationship with one. We're ok for a one night stand or occasional booty call, but they're not interested in much else, at least in my experience. Most black and Hispanic guys in LA (not all, but most, from my experience) have no problem dating fat women. I've dated some but usually find that we don't share a lot of cultural interests, which really doesn't lend itself to a serious relationship.

I stayed in LA for a couple of weeks... Struck me as a place people went to earn money, rather than to really *live* life....
Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #58
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

But I don't wanna change it.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #59
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

Hell no! I embrace my love for the fatboys.. it brings me so much pleasure and joy
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #60
blazon

blazon can now change their title
Default If you had the power to change your FA-ness...

I only wished that I would've admitted it to myself a lot earlier..... Thinking back on all those Big beautiful women that I passed up is depressing.....
blazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #61
MrRabbit

MrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazon View Post
I only wished that I would've admitted it to myself a lot earlier..... Thinking back on all those Big beautiful women that I passed up is depressing.....
Fully agree!
MrRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #62
MisterGuy

MisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging in

Yes, I would change my preference in a heartbeat if I could. A much bigger dating pool, social acceptance and support of what you like, partners with generally higher self-esteem, less health issues in a partner and a longer average lifespan, no conflict between sexual urges and and concern for partner's well-being, etc.

I mean, I've always had big girlfriends and I'm 100% about fat acceptance, and so on, but honestly, changing to a non-FA seems like a total no-brainer to me.
MisterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:46 PM   #63
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

i don't know.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:14 AM   #64
SvenskFA

SvenskFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSvenskFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSvenskFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I am very sad to say that I definately would change my FA-ness if I could. Not being a FA would have made my life much easier, especially here in Sweden. Sweden is a very hard country to live in for BBWs and FAs. But in my case changing my FA-ness isn't about getting a larger dating pool, on the contrary. Since 3,5 year I live with a wonderful BBW. Before I met her I always thought that the alarms about obesity being dangerous was greatly exagerated. Now I realise that the health of a BBW is bad even if my girlfriend is a rather healthy BBW. I feel bad for being attracted to something that is bad for her health and limits her in our life.

I realise that I probably will get flamed for this statement but I needed to vent. I am sorry.
SvenskFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #65
nykspree8
Rico Sauce

nykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 club

I think I would just go with being bisizual if I had the power, but I don't so what's even the point to think about it. I'm quite happy being a FA anyways
nykspree8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #66
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench13 View Post
would not change a thing. nope, no, no. FA for life!
Ditto. I'm happy with my lot in life in terms of attraction...
Old 08-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #67
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh god no. The beauty, femininity and sexual presence of fat women is remarkable. I will never think of nor feel anything other than attraction, appreciation, admiration and desire for fat women. Moderate sizes, big sizes, huge sizes, super sizes, ultra sizes and everything under the fat sun.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #68
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The thread premise doesn't really resonate with me. Changing my preferences would mean changing who I am, so that's an automatic no regardless of any other consideration.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #69
peppermint rhino

peppermint rhino has said some nice things

Good lord no, and I'm an atheist. I rather like the misanthropic, pessimistic, and angry little FA I've become over the years and I wouldn't change it for the world.
peppermint rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #70
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Sure, I'd like to change one aspect of my admiration for plus-size women: reconfiguring my courting behaviour to be more attractive to full-figured women. Not my thinking; just my external behaviour.

But I suppose that's not really an aspect of attraction; just a question of wishing that somewhere along the way I had been able to successfully develop what people now call "game."
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #71
natepogue
King of FAs

natepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized rep

Good thread Idea. I've always suspected there were other FA's that were bitter about their nature (myself included)

I wouldn't change it. I think it makes a real man and that to me is the ultimate form of badassery.
natepogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #72
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have no complaints about who and what I'm attracted to. I love fat men, plain and simple.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:26 AM   #73
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not for the world.
I'd like to change the way I deal with things, and some of my family's comments and reactions to my partner fall under that.
Because I care about both my family and my partner so much, I want them to like each other. And the initial... reluctance to get to know him that they've shown is hurtful.
But I'd rather work to change the fact that it hurts me than change who I am.

There's nothing shameful or wrong about any of my sexual preferences, so what could I possibly gain from changing them?

Last edited by Goreki; 10-18-2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: spelling fix
Goreki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #74
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

there are a lot of things i would change about being an FA but myself isn't one of them
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #75
Christov
On Timeout

Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
there are a lot of things i would change about being an FA but myself isn't one of them
Quoted fo' truth.
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote