Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Slim Chips edible paper chips

What will they think of next?!

From the recent issue of Food Network Magazine...

Thin is in. Some cool new snack chips are paper thin - literally. Slim Chips are pieces of almost-zero-calorie edible paper, made with potato starch. Icelandic designer Hafsteinn Juliusson debuted the chips at the 2010 Milan design week, and he got such a good response that he plans on selling them - in cheddar, wasabi, blueberry and peppermint flavors - on his website this fall.

http://www.hafsteinnjuliusson.com/

I love trying new things so I'd like to try them. I wonder if it would feel like you were eating paper though, that would be weird. Anyone else feeling adventurous?

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

good god--it's like a Pica Paradise!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This (from the website) made me feel like I need a German accent, a black beret, and a monkey before I eat these: "This is a paradoxical product that plays with weapons like irony and nonsense thus leaving the interpretation to the bravest consumers. "
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

They remind me of those tiny Listerine strips that you can use to freshen your breath...

I suppose they'd be good for when you're not hungry and want to taste something though. Happens all the time to me.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

I think the focus is supposed to be the design (and the irony), not the actual product. Those moss-rings are pretty cool. I'd wear one. Did anyone notice the silhouette on the back of an overweight person where it says "Don't get fat"?

*straightens design-nerd-namebadge*
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyknicky View Post
I think the focus is supposed to be the design (and the irony), not the actual product. Those moss-rings are pretty cool. I'd wear one. Did anyone notice the silhouette on the back of an overweight person where it says "Don't get fat"?

*straightens design-nerd-namebadge*
I had to go back and really look for that because I did not see it the first time. Or the second. lol I guess that's what they call subtle advertising.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote