Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #151
Fox

Fox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 club

I like hearing the word "fat". Especially if it has the word "woman" after it. Hearing those two together give me happy thoughts.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #152
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I like hearing the word "fat". Especially if it has the word "woman" after it. Hearing those two together give me happy thoughts.
Whew. I so want to say something flirty to you, but I'm afraid I'd be committing a felony.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:22 AM   #153
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I've encountered both ends of the spectrum in my experiences. Some girls have no problem being called fat while others are very offended, its really hit or miss *snip*
so yeah - while I'm totally comfortable with using the word fat, and see it as a positive... I'll normally euphemise around a girl i've just met, until I fnd out what HER attitude is...
Old 07-31-2010, 05:40 AM   #154
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
so yeah - while I'm totally comfortable with using the word fat, and see it as a positive... I'll normally euphemise around a girl i've just met, until I fnd out what HER attitude is...
Yes, going up to a girl you just met and saying "(insert name here) you're faaaaat" is not the best idea.

I wonder how many paysiters would do that though.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #155
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

I happen to think that fat in a fine, flirtatious, perky little word myself.
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #156
OutbackZack

OutbackZack can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesOutbackZack can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesOutbackZack can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I don't mind using the word "fat". It honestly depends on the girl. Some women HATE that word fat because of all the negativity they feel comes with it. However, there are women that get annoyed if you avoid the word "fat" and say "big", "fluffy", "thick", etc, and they'll say "I'm fat. Don't call me anything else." I really don't care what word I use as long as it won't offend someone when really I see it as a compliment.
OutbackZack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #157
Fox

Fox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Whew. I so want to say something flirty to you, but I'm afraid I'd be committing a felony.
It's ok. I'm post 18, if that's what you're wondering.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 AM   #158
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
It's ok. I'm post 18, if that's what you're wondering.
As am I, by a couple more posts. You're just so damn cute, but I'm afraid I'd break you in two. ...That, or feel like Mary Kay Letourneau.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #159
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i met a several guys lately who would easily qualify as FAs, even though they don't like the definition. they've all made the comment unsolicited that they didn't understand why women should call themselves fat or BBW or SSBBW etc...They've basically said something akin to : they think they should just BE beautiful women and leave it at that. no need to qualify anything. they make a good point.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #160
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
i met a several guys lately who would easily qualify as FAs, even though they don't like the definition. they've all made the comment unsolicited that they didn't understand why women should call themselves fat or BBW or SSBBW etc...They've basically said something akin to : they think they should just BE beautiful women and leave it at that. no need to qualify anything. they make a good point.
The thing is, I don't really think most people do that, in their everyday lives. In my experience, the terms BBW, SSBBW, FA, etc., are used mostly online, just for easy clarification/identification purposes. Maybe I'm being naive, but I just don't see all the chafing at labeling that is (as far as I can see, anyway) pretty simple and surface-oriented. Fat, really fat, or likes (some) fat chicks/dudes. Big deal. It's not a definition of one's character, or a legally binding contract that this is all you will ever be or be attracted to. The term "SSBBW" just doesn't exist in my everyday life. Being very fat is a part of my everyday life, of course, but I don't structure my identity around the term "SSBBW", nor do BBWs or F/FAs, as far as I can tell.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #161
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
The thing is, I don't really think most people do that, in their everyday lives. In my experience, the terms BBW, SSBBW, FA, etc., are used mostly online, just for easy clarification/identification purposes. Maybe I'm being naive, but I just don't see all the chafing at labeling that is (as far as I can see, anyway) pretty simple and surface-oriented. Fat, really fat, or likes (some) fat chicks/dudes. Big deal. It's not a definition of one's character, or a legally binding contract that this is all you will ever be or be attracted to. The term "SSBBW" just doesn't exist in my everyday life. Being very fat is a part of my everyday life, of course, but I don't structure my identity around the term "SSBBW", nor do BBWs or F/FAs, as far as I can tell.
i hear ya. it is a good point that maybe it shouldn't be so important online or elsewhere to people who do lean on the identity a lot. maybe we do just need to concentrate more on just being people first. its not as though other folks don't have challenges particular to them. maybe people do sometimes make too much of it online and IRL? it could be that may be an element that stands in the way of acceptance for some --because not everybody who is fat is orienting ourselves in the world just as a human being but just as a body with a sexual or social designation?
Old 08-09-2010, 04:46 AM   #162
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I've encountered both ends of the spectrum in my experiences. Some girls have no problem being called fat while others are very offended, its really hit or miss depending on the confidence level.
This, in a nutshell. Plus when encountering fat people whom you are not sure of their feelings toward the term. In my case of being skinny some get offended if someone of my size uses the term at all assuming an insinuated level of insult in its usage, and then there are many fat people who feel free to use the word themselves but get offended with someone else using it in reference to them or their size. It's best to avoid the term until you know.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:13 AM   #163
UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized rep

I don't avoid the word. I like it. I just dont use it much.

I'm to busy drooling half the time anyway.
UMBROBOYUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #164
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Don't you call me pudgy, portly or stout.
Just tell me now once again, who's fat.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #165
UMBROBOYUM

UMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized repUMBROBOYUM has super-sized rep

I use the word in my blog and writings.

I like to view people through more than the lense word fat.
UMBROBOYUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #166
StickMan
Two-Dimentional Character

StickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I admit I avoid using the word fat around my female friends who fit the description, only because I've learned from experience that just because I don't think of it as an insult, it doesn't mean other people won't take it that way. (I have been known to call someone that, and quickly backtrack by saying "I meant P-H-A-T" which elicits groans due to the bad pun, but little else)
StickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #167
nykspree8
Rico Sauce

nykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 club

I use the word around people who I know aren't offended by it. I think the connotation has changed over teh years for "fat" and it's not viewed as negatively anymore...it all depends on the person though because someone really self conscious about their weight will probably be mortified if they are called fat by someone.
nykspree8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #168
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I've been around this place for all of my adult life (and most of my teen life) and I've come across many different types of people who are into fat.

A common theme I find recurring is that a lot of FA don't/won't use the word fat. In my time I've been told I'm not fat I'm; juicy, fluffy, chubby, big, plus sized, curvy ect. Also, when I've said 'Actually I'm fat' I've been told not to 'put myself down by refering to myself that way'.

I don't think refering to myself as fat *IS* putting myself down. I actually find myself feeling more offended when I'm told I'm *not* fat. It's like why would I lie about something so bloody obvious and do they think I'm so stupid that I'm suddenly going to say 'oh hang on wait, I've been totally wrong I'm not actually fat. woohoo!?'

Anyways, sorry for the little rant. What are your thoughts on the matter?

I agree completely... fat is a biological term and for any FA to avoid using it is strange to say the least. I use it, often, since I desire FAT women, not "big" not "plus sized" not "chubby"... FAT
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote