Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 10-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #51
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
hey guys, look who i met:

she's prettier in person than she is in photos, and that says a lot.
she gave me a hug, too. felt like magic ;D
Well I'm officially jealous. I just saw her saturday night at the wonder ballroom and it was amazing but I didn't get to meet her! *jealous*
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #52
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust99 View Post
Wow... I'm so jealous.... How did this meeting come about?? Was it after a gig?
yes indeed ^_^
i saw Gossip play the Henry Fonda in Los Angeles, and i hung around the alley behind the theater after the show.

i was right up front and center during the show, and when they played "Heavy Cross," she looked me directly in the eye, and handed me the mic so i could sing part of the song!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiRFIZST3T4)

so after the show, she was by the bus, talking to fans, and i went up and said hello. she remembered me, and she gave me a hug and said "great singing!"
i thanked her for making music that saved my life. she said "of course! that's what music is for!" she then stopped so i could get that photo with my mobile phone.

i absolutely love and admire Beth because, i mean, she's found world-wide fame, but she still takes time to say hi to the fans. most artists would not even think of taking the time to address their fans directly.
she did.
that means a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #53
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Great singing!! wow..how amazing. She seems really down to earth.. and what she said about music.. so true. I'm so happy that you had such a nice experience!
Old 02-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #54
Prince Dyscord

Prince Dyscord can now change their title

Beth is awesome. It pisses me off how the tabloids constantly tease her because she's big and is in no hurry to lose weight.
Prince Dyscord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #55
crazygood

crazygood has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
Another recent magazine piece with Beth here this time in Out Magazine.

A great wee piece talking about her new fashion line amongst other things (I can't wait!!) and three B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L pictures, although there are various rumours on numerous blogs that she hates these pics. If that's true I can't see why, she looks amazing!

The piccies-

If doing whatever the fuck you want to do and being celebrated for it equals trashy, than sign me up for a spot at the trailer court. I think her being able to "get away with" being herself is due more to her confidence than to her size. I can see why she disliked those pictures of herself. Sure, she looks nice in a traditionally, even stereotypically feminine way, which I think is pretty much the opposite of the type of gender-fuckery she stands for. Notice how her hair is arranged to hide her hairy armpits in the second picture? Yeah.

crazygood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #56
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Sure, the public might allow celebrities to do this but my point is that some people seem to get away with more than others, for whatever reason.

Every other straight and thin celebrity is immediately labelled as trashy by gossip mags when they engage in behavior like Beth's. In fact, if you simply happen to be thin with large breasts, that label is almost immediately slapped on you regardless of how you act. It irks me that Beth Ditto's tasteless actions are applauded by so many and are even seen as cool just because of she is an outspoken fat lesbian. Double standards much?

I think she is overrated. My lesbian friends are absolutely fanatical about her if only because she is fat and lesbian, and hence a role model by default. Kudos to her for not conforming, of course, but we should look past all of that and focus on her talent. Sure, Beth Ditto is beautiful but I personally think some of the girls here look way better.
Hate to throw a turd into this milkshake, but I have to agree. Im not impressed by her.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #57
Qit el-Remel
Geek and FFA

Qit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
I don't know if this sounds offensive or complimentary but in these pics to me she looks like if Miss Piggy was a person!! I'd take that as a compliment anyways as Miss Piggy is super cute!
I used to have the odd habit of imagining everyone as anthro animal characters. Right now, I'm reminded of a certain plump blonde whom I compared to a chinchilla Persian.

"What monstrosities would walk the streets were some people's faces as unfinished as their minds."
—Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition
Qit el-Remel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #58
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I tend to really like Beth, but because she's spunky and very talented.

I probably like her because she reminds me of myself and what I would be like if I was living the life she does (the music, touring, interviews, etc)

Often times when I go to the bar, I get hit on by the ladies and it's all because they think I look like Beth, only brown skinned, lol. Not that it isn't a compliment, but it gets old. I'd rather a woman hit on me because she thought I was cute, and not because she thought I resembled some celebrity that she thought was cute.

Still love Beth, though.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #59
Fox

Fox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 clubFox is a member of the 500 club

She looks different now from the last pictures I saw of her. Very sexy.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #60
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

she and I share a birthday, but I've never seen the appeal. I kind of feel like a traitor because, when it comes to her, I'm like 'meh.'