Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #26
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
I almost forgot!
The root beer of all root beers:

Stewarts! made with herbs and berries!
We have Stewart's drive-ins here and I am SO THERE all the time!!!!!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #27
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

http://springgrovesodapop.foodoro.co...-oz-24-bottles

This Root Beer is made in a small town in southeastern MN. I used to live there and this is some great root beer and I don't even like root beer that much. My favorite flavor they make is the lemon sour..

cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #28
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
I have only three things to say in this thread:

root beer floats

and...

Old 09-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #29
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Partly nostalgia with A&W. I have fond memories as a child driving out to the A&W place and getting a gallon of root beer. We lived in the boonies and it was quite a trek so it was a really nice treat. So i still like it. (plus it comes in diet since i rarely drink full sugar stuff.. i lost the taste for sugared soda while pregnant) I do admit, that the last time i had A&W i was sort of meh about it.

I think all this talk of root beer makes me want to head downtown with the boys and get some floats this weekend. (it's gonna be in the high 90's yet so a cool drink sounds like a great plan )
Sadly, the A&W you got as a child has little in common with the A&W sold today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
We have Stewart's drive-ins here and I am SO THERE all the time!!!!!
I'm jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
http://springgrovesodapop.foodoro.co...-oz-24-bottles

This Root Beer is made in a small town in southeastern MN. I used to live there and this is some great root beer and I don't even like root beer that much. My favorite flavor they make is the lemon sour..

Send me some?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #30
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

I get Hansens. I tend to look for root beer that has actual sassafras or sarsaparilla, which can be a quest these days. Root beer fans who drive from California to the Vegas Bash should stop at Barstow Station, this little shopping center on East Main street just southeast of the 15, pretty much right on the eastern end of town; there is a shop in the middle of the main building which has many different varieties of root beer. By this list it must be the liquor store.

http://www.barstowstation.net/merchants
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #31
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post

I'm jealous.

Send me some?
Send me your address and I will send you a few bottles
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #32
Dromond
Old school

Finding a root beer with sassafras is quite a task, considering that most root beer makers replaced it with wintergreen oil. Now that sassafras can be made safe, they haven't switched back.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #33
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
Send me your address and I will send you a few bottles
Check your PM box.

Thank you!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Finding a root beer with sassafras is quite a task, considering that most root beer makers replaced it with wintergreen oil. Now that sassafras can be made safe, they haven't switched back.
Root beer with sassafras is one of my faves too!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #35
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Firstly.. when it comes to sampling bottled rootbeers, this is my favorite website/online beverage source: http://www.popsoda.com

They have three root beer selections: Regular, Birch Beer, and Sarsaparilla.. among others including cream, ginger, colas, etc.

They no longer offer Pepsi products, and alot of their selections appear to be out of stock. Hmm.

I've used this source for ordering Sioux City, Stewarts, Vernors, and Moxie. (Yeah, Moxie.. I had to know what it was, and why it remains a New England Only soda)
Old 09-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #36
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I live in a root beer mecca, having access to root beers on tap including A&W, and Hires, and steakhouses that specialize in their own local brews.

On Tap A&W, btw, has a strong salty taste, that has been putting me off.

My earliest canned or bottled memories include A&W, Dad's, Frostie, Shasta (more vanilla than root), Fanta (prior to Coke's acquision of Barq's), I.B.C. (can't find it lately), Root 66, and Barq's.

A local favorite sarsaparilla, available by the 2 liter, is Maddox. Wonderful lingering licorce flavor.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #37
Dromond
Old school

I love Stewart's, and Root 66 is also pretty darn good. Sioux City is not bad. IBC is an average root beer, their cream soda is much better.

I have the website bookmarked. A friend sent me a 24 bottle gift pack a few years ago, and I had a ball trying the different root beers.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:24 PM   #38
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Maybe that's why the last time i had it i didn't like it. It was too much like a root beer barrel. (not my favorite flavor)
Root beer is my son Max's favorite kind of soda.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #39
fat9276
~more jiggles than jello~

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default no...sorry but this is the cream of the crop!

Henry Weinhardt's rootbeer in the amber bottle, made with Madagascar vanilla beans and honey...drooooool

Last edited by fat9276; 02-16-2011 at 02:37 PM.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #40
Dromond
Old school

It's good, no question. One of the better root beers out there. It's still not as good as Sprecher's.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #41
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You guys are making me want to go to the rootbeer shop downtown. They have a wall of different sodas from all over that you can buy. (they even have sugar cane Dr. Pepper.)
Old 09-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #42
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
You guys are making me want to go to the rootbeer shop downtown. They have a wall of different sodas from all over that you can buy. (they even have sugar cane Dr. Pepper.)
We have a bar like that in LA, but it's a martini bar with all different kinds of gin.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 PM   #43
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

I went and got me a sixer of Henry's
Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 PM   #44
Dromond
Old school

Now that's sexy.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #45
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

he he, thanks.. i'm enjoying another one for breakfast today. It was sitting there all alone calling out my name
Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #46
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
A local favorite sarsaparilla, available by the 2 liter, is Maddox. Wonderful lingering licorce flavor.
Fuzzy...I think we are neighbors unless you are talking about a different Maddox than the one near me. If Brigham City is your local sarsparilla source, then I'm waving from Layton.

And the birch root beer at Maddox Ranch is still better than the sarsparilla. I'm strongly anti-licorice though.
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #47
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyapple View Post
I'm strongly anti-licorice though.
Agreed. In my never humble opinion, licorice has no place in root beer.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #48
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyapple View Post
Fuzzy...I think we are neighbors unless you are talking about a different Maddox than the one near me. If Brigham City is your local sarsparilla source, then I'm waving from Layton.

And the birch root beer at Maddox Ranch is still better than the sarsparilla. I'm strongly anti-licorice though.
Its been a long while since I've had their birch beer.. hmm. Yes, we are neighbors.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #49
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

This thread brings back fond memories from childhood.

Back in grade school there was a girl that always provided root beer for the school parties. Her mom owned the A & W on the outskirts of town.

She'd bring jugs of that magical stuff and it was kept cold in a vat with some dry ice. (She was terrifically popular!)

That was back in the '70's. Have they altered the recipe since?

P.S. IBC's a favorite here.
riplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #50
Dromond
Old school

Sadly, that delicious root beer is no more. The stuff they are calling A&W these days is a poor substitute.

IBC is fine, but there are many that are better.

Tell me the general area you live in, and I might be able to recommend a good local root beer.