Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Cupcake91

Cupcake91 has said some nice things
Default Happy Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month!

I've just discovered this wonderful event, and in honor of the grilled cheese I'd like to post my favorite recipe.

I like to use 2-3 slices of swiss cheese pasted together with honey, then I butter my bread and place a thin layer of raw spinach, then my cheese, and another thin later of spinach. I use the very low setting (2-3 of 9 on my stove) and grill to a nice golden brown with nice melty cheese.
Cupcake91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
AppreSheAte

AppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default ah cheese!

how about an artisan sandwich?

artisan bread, grilled with lots of butter

artisan cheeses melted

any great thin sliced meat or chicken or turkey

honeycup mustard

grilled onions, green peppers too!

stacked, served hot, and don't forget a pickle, potato pancakes with apple sauce, and either a browie or big chocolate chip cookie for dessert
AppreSheAte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default 'Nuff said

Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 AM   #4
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

At least once a week I make my Sweetie Pie and I grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. My favorite way of making them is with sourdough bread. The supermarket near my house has these big square sourdough loaves in their bakery that they will slice up thin for sandwiches. I use good old American cheese, two slices thick. And as far as butter, I always manage to find European style cultured butter marked down at the deli and it really works well with the sourdough and the cheese. I use my nonstick crepe pan because it just works best. I melt some butter until it's nice and hot and then slap that sandwich down and press it with a spatula until it soaks up butter and gets all nice and golden. Then I lift it up, toss down another bit of butter, and slap the other side down to press and grill it too. I like it golden to just starting to brown. With the bread all crispy and crusty and the cheese just barely melted inside. And then sometimes when I'm feeling especially sweet, I get out my heart shaped cookie cutters and make cutesey little heart-wiches for him. There's an ulterior motive behind it though. I get to eat the crusts!

Tracy
Old 09-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Are you a Grilled Cheese Purist?

Is a grilled cheese still a grilled cheese if you put more than cheese in the sammich? Is a grilled ham and cheese.. a melt?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I need this sandwich...

toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #7
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think i'm going to make grilled cheese for lunch today for me and Alex. mmmm. (i may even attempt that grilled cheese with mozzarella sticks in it that Denny's offers)
Old 09-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Grilled cheese sandwiches...one of the best things on earth. There is no such thing as a bad grilled cheese sandwich, and I love all kinds, from plain white bread and american cheese all the way up to artisan breads with fancy cheeses and extra stuff in them. It's ALL good. About the only way you can screw it up is if you burn the sandwich...and even then sometimes you can save it!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

[QUOTE=Fuzzy;1564777

Is a grilled cheese still a grilled cheese if you put more than cheese in the sammich? Is a grilled ham and cheese.. a melt?[/QUOTE]

In France it's a croque monsieur (Mr. Crisp); a grilled turkey and cheese is a croque madame (Mrs. Crisp). Trust the French to bring l'amour into it.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #10
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sort of...but not exactly, because croque - messeurs et mesdams are dipped in a batter (sort of like french toast and fried and I believe there is some sort of white sauce involved as well.

Which is very delicious, but another category I'm thinking.

I think I'm with Fuzzy on this one...they would be called "melts"....like a "Patty Melt".
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
Mabus

Mabus can now change their title

Well this seems like the appropriate thread to put this: http://grilledcheeseacademy.com
Old 09-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

lunch: buttermilk white bread, 4 slices american cheese and 3 fried mozzarella sticks.. very good
Old 09-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #13
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

Is a grilled cheese still a grilled cheese if you put more than cheese in the sammich? Is a grilled ham and cheese.. a melt?
I am kind of a purist, but when I am in the mood I love grilled cream cheese with herbs (dill and chives).
Old 09-24-2010, 02:25 AM   #14
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
lunch: buttermilk white bread, 4 slices american cheese and 3 fried mozzarella sticks.. very good
MEGAN! OH EM GEE!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:16 AM   #15
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Damn, that looks good!!
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Oy vey. I'm having grilled cheese orgasms, just looking at some of these pics. Sometimes, I like a little tomato, or tomato and avocado on mine. Sometimes, I just like the cheeeeeeeeze.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Cheddar and tomato slices for me. Mmm grilled cheese.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote