Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 PM   #51
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Reading this thread made me realize there's nothing wrong with me for being frustrated at the lack of root beer at most fast food joints and restaurants. I had a bottle of Sprecher's on my road trip today, and it went well with the slice of pepperoni pizza I had for lunch. I'm gonna see if I can find it more often.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #52
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sprecher's is one of the best.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #53
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

"Tell me the general area you live in, and I might be able to recommend a good local root beer."

I'm in Arizona. Four Peaks Brewery in Tempe used to make their own root beer but not anymore.

I have to agree with Captain Save. Root beer washes down pizza oh so nicely.
riplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #54
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here you go:

http://www.delicioussparklingtempera...ribute.html#AZ

I've never tried either brand, so you'll have to come back and report how they taste.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #55
KendraLee

KendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging in
Default As Promised

Pulled Pork with Root Beer Barbecue Sauce

Pork
2 1/2-3 lb pork sirloin roast
1/2 tsp salt
1/2tsp pepper
1Tbsp cooking oil
2 med. onions- cut into thin wedges
1 cup root beer*
2 Tbsp minced garlic

Trim fat from meat. sprinkle with salt and pepper and brown in oil on all sides in a large skillet. Drain and transfer meat to crock pot. add onions, garlic and root beer. cover and cook on low 8-10 hrs or high 4-5 hrs
Transfer roast to cutting board, remove onion from juices and discard juices (onions can be used to top sandwich). Use forks to shred meat.

Sauce
3 cups root beer*
1 cup bottled chili sauce
1/4 tsp root beer extract
(I like to double this to mix half with meat and have additional for when putting meat onto a bun)

combine 3 cups of root beer and chili sauce in a medium saucepan. bring to a boil then reduce heat. boil gently uncovered stirring occasionally about 30 minutes or until mixture is reduced to about 2 cups (this is why I make additional). When reduced add root beer extract then mix with meat

*use whatever your favorite root beer is for your desired flavor. My preference is Stewarts
Old 10-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #56
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Holy Hell! That is one recipe to fall in love with!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #57
Dromond
Old school

I know I'm in love.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #58
Dromond
Old school

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KendraLee again."

Drat.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:25 AM   #59
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KendraLee again."

Drat.
Got her for ya!!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #60
Dromond
Old school

Thank you!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:04 PM   #61
Twilley

Twilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm a recent root-concoction convert. Between this and sarsaparilla, I could kick myself for not trying it sooner.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #62
KendraLee

KendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging in

You have to let me know when you try the recipe
Old 10-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #63
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilley View Post
I'm a recent root-concoction convert. Between this and sarsaparilla, I could kick myself for not trying it sooner.
You mean to tell me you NEVER had root beer before?!

**faints**

You've been deprived, my dear!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #64
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraLee View Post
You have to let me know when you try the recipe
We just recently had pulled pork, so it will be a while before we have it again. But when we do, we will use this recipe. I shall insist.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #65
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilley View Post
As well you should.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #66
Twilley

Twilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
You mean to tell me you NEVER had root beer before?!

**faints**

You've been deprived, my dear!
>.< it won't let me rep you for this post. SHENANIGANS, I SAY!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #67
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can't believe that no one mentioned IBC rootbeer. Its one of my faves. They also make some of the best black cherry and cream soda I've ever had.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #68
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed

I love love love Root beer, even the name! LOL I'm not mention any brands that i like best, because i'm not going to let Dromond critique me :P

I will say I only like A&W from the restaurants. Otherwise its just too sweet.

As a girl I remember my great grandmother always had a can of Root beer. And my grandfather would always have a bag of those root beer barrel candies and I would sit in the curls of his legs on the sofa and he would share them with me.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #69
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone View Post
I can't believe that no one mentioned IBC rootbeer. Its one of my faves. They also make some of the best black cherry and cream soda I've ever had.
I will agree that IBC cream soda is really really good.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #70
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamarie69 View Post
I love love love Root beer, even the name! LOL I'm not mention any brands that i like best, because i'm not going to let Dromond critique me :P

I will say I only like A&W from the restaurants. Otherwise its just too sweet.

As a girl I remember my great grandmother always had a can of Root beer. And my grandfather would always have a bag of those root beer barrel candies and I would sit in the curls of his legs on the sofa and he would share them with me.
Oh, come on Isa! Don't be a chicken, defend your root beer!

And that is a wonderful memory.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #71
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

I liked the lil root beer candies as well They're unbelievably hard to find nowadays as snacks for kids cuz of all the sugar and stuff in them (in my youth, eeeveryone has the soda bottle snack!) and they're rarely ever at the candy store anymore, either I love those, lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #72
KendraLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I liked the lil root beer candies as well They're unbelievably hard to find nowadays as snacks for kids cuz of all the sugar and stuff in them (in my youth, eeeveryone has the soda bottle snack!) and they're rarely ever at the candy store anymore, either I love those, lol.
I had a boyfriend that used to suck on those so now whenever I smell or taste them I associate them with him. I find it very comforting and pleasant
Old 10-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #73
Dromond
Old school

The local grocery store had Jones sodas on clearance today. I got an 8 pack of cans for $1.70. Bonus!

Mmmm.... root beer.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #74
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
The local grocery store had Jones sodas on clearance today. I got an 8 pack of cans for $1.70. Bonus!

Mmmm.... root beer.
Can you ship some to me, purdy purdy puhleeeeeeeez!!!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #75
Dromond
Old school

What if the customs agents confiscate it?