Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 10-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
blubberismanly

blubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Question to the Trannies

Transsexual, Transvestite, Transfag...if you're a trans-something this post is for you.

I've been grappling with androgyny all my life. But I lean so much towards to masculine it's ridiculous. I was born 100% female.

I've recently (well, in the past year or so) begun wondering what it would be like without tits. I've always wanted to reduce them, but I've been thinking more about not having them.

While contemplating that, I realized I have always gotten along with gay guys. And it isn't just that they're accepting of me. It's more like they treat me like one of them. You know one fag can always spot another (gaydar, I think it is)? Well, I wonder if the same for trannies. Part of me is really attracted to gay guys, too. I don't know what it is. I mean, I'm not turned on by flamers or anything like that. I just seem to make friends with them first. Maybe I am a bona fide chubby chaser? I don't know.

Even with my DD's I get mistaken for a dude all the time. It's really got me thinking. Okay, it's quite a luxury to be able to essentially choose my gender every day. But I dunno...I like guys and I'd be happier as a gay man. Yup, total transfag.

I've also thought that if I do...change...I'd start simple and cut my boobs off. They're much easier to replace than a whole reproductive system.

I can't afford a gender counselor right now, and I thought I could get the input of other said trans first.

*for the record, I have a habit of using words like "tranny" and "fag" in speech because I know so many. When I use them, I don't mean to imply any inflammatory statements.*
Old 10-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not a direct response to your question, but wondering if you read this older thread? Had some good discussion on various sorts of gender variations.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...00#post1355200
Old 10-18-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Have you ever tried binding? I know it can be tough sometimes, and especially for a thin woman to downsize big boobs, but it would give you more of an idea of what you'd look like without them. And there's always packing, too, for the extra bit.

I've always struggled with the "I'm a girl... but am I really supposed to be a dude?" thing. I've come to accept that I'm meant to have a female body, but there's a kind of.... "duality" (for lack of a better term, I guess) in me that has me part male, part female. I joke with a straight male friend of mine that we exchanged 33% of our real genders with each other, he giving me 33% of his masculinity, and I gave him 33% of my femininity. It works for us to explain ourselves, at least.

I would say you may like to purposely make yourself more masculine some days and rotate between that and what you're normally like, and see which visual form you feel is most right for you.

A gender counselor would be great, I know it's tough to get one, though.

I do hope you find your answers

----

eta: I constantly say to my gay friends that I think life would be so much easier if I was just born male and none of the rest of me changed (still like guys, still fat, etc). And they always agree.

Last edited by CarlaSixx; 10-18-2010 at 01:53 PM.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
blubberismanly

blubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Not a direct response to your question, but wondering if you read this older thread? Had some good discussion on various sorts of gender variations.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...00#post1355200

Interesting...brings terms like "genderqueer" to mind.

But...it isn't direct. Bigendered (androgyny) is something I've always been. I've just been questioning whether or not a female body is right for me.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberismanly View Post
Transsexual, Transvestite, Transfag...if you're a trans-something this post is for you.

I've been grappling with androgyny all my life. But I lean so much towards to masculine it's ridiculous. I was born 100% female.

I've recently (well, in the past year or so) begun wondering what it would be like without tits. I've always wanted to reduce them, but I've been thinking more about not having them.

While contemplating that, I realized I have always gotten along with gay guys. And it isn't just that they're accepting of me. It's more like they treat me like one of them. You know one fag can always spot another (gaydar, I think it is)? Well, I wonder if the same for trannies. Part of me is really attracted to gay guys, too. I don't know what it is. I mean, I'm not turned on by flamers or anything like that. I just seem to make friends with them first. Maybe I am a bona fide chubby chaser? I don't know.

Even with my DD's I get mistaken for a dude all the time. It's really got me thinking. Okay, it's quite a luxury to be able to essentially choose my gender every day. But I dunno...I like guys and I'd be happier as a gay man. Yup, total transfag.

I've also thought that if I do...change...I'd start simple and cut my boobs off. They're much easier to replace than a whole reproductive system.

I can't afford a gender counselor right now, and I thought I could get the input of other said trans first.

*for the record, I have a habit of using words like "tranny" and "fag" in speech because I know so many. When I use them, I don't mean to imply any inflammatory statements.*
Point by Point:

Transpeople generally have a transdar of sorts. However, it is something that is not necessarily that useful. If you think someone else is trans and you ask and they aren't, uh oh. Best case, other than that similarity, what the hell are you even going to talk about?

My experience with FTMs is that the bottom surgery ain't all it's cracked up to be, so cost or difficulty seems to be less of an issue than concern about the end result.

Breast reduction surgery ain't a cup of tea either, but the results seem to be very acceptable. Try an underworks binder for a while first. I know you'll know more about what's right for you, but honestly getting body work done is so drastic that extreme consideration needs to be made. You can at least see a little of the effect first with a binder and go from there.

For counselers that specialize in gender identity, many work on a sliding scale, so if you have less, you can pay less.

This is an aside, but I can take the occasional tranny comment when it's in good company, but it weirds me out a little when it's used as casually as above. It's not that you mean anything by it, it just weirds me out a little. I know people that think it's worth reclaiming, however, I don't. Whenever I've been called a tranny by someone that I didn't know it was used extremely negatively. Like as a precursor to verbal or physical violence. Fag has been similar in usage and intent, and I have the same feelings on that. I'm not criticizing you, I'm just saying it.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote