Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default A meal at Iron Chef Japan's restaurant in Tokyo

One of the cool things about my work is that I get to go to far-way places. One of the most memorable trips was a week in Osaka and Tokyo that culminated in a meal at Ariake in Tokyo. This was the restaurant owned and run by Koumei Nakamura, also known as Iron Chef Japan 2.

Here is the 7-course meal we were served (though probably not in that order):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iron_chef_0.jpg (115.4 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg iron_chef_1.jpg (116.1 KB, 121 views)
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

The only thing I can identify is the miso soup lol!

it's too bad I can't eat sushi... The presentation is superb!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
The only thing I can identify is the miso soup lol!

it's too bad I can't eat sushi... The presentation is superb!

I don't like sushi, but agree 100%, the presentation is out of this world.

Love the little chopstick holders...
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
jdsumm
persistently hopeful

jdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot pics

Wow that is cool! So, what did you think of the meal? Do you think he deserves his Iron Chef title? Hope it tasted as good as it looked.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

DETAILS...please
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Everything looks delicious but what did you eat and how did it taste?

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #7
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh, I ate everything! When I am in a foreign country I'll always eat whatever they serve, no matter what it is (well, almost). I was really, really excited about going to a real Iron Chef restaurant. At that time, the original Iron Chef TV series was very popular and I had been watching most episodes, so actually tasting something done by one of those chefs was a total treat. In addition, of course, it was incredible to be in Tokyo, being chauffeured around, seeing all the sights and so on.

Obviously, visual presentation was wonderful, but that's what they do in Japan. Everything looks artistic and pretty. A lot of the tastes are unfamiliar to the Western tongue. Many tastes are less salty and spicy than we're used to, and there are endless variations of vegetables, seafoods, soups and condiments that all taste foreign. Overall, it was a fantastic experience, and Koumei even autographed a cookbook of his that I bought at the restaurant.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #8
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow, they're little pieces of artwork; I love it! I've never had the nerve to try sushi before, but I think that comes from living so far away from the sea and knowing it wouldn't be fresh. I've always wanted to visit Japan (Tokyo, specifically) and would definitely try the fish there considering it's one of their specialities.

Great pictures!
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #9
evilvampire

evilvampire has super-sized repevilvampire has super-sized repevilvampire has super-sized repevilvampire has super-sized repevilvampire has super-sized rep

I personally love watching Iron Chef...the original and the American one.... definately wish that was me eating that stuff! LOL
evilvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingAmy View Post
Wow, they're little pieces of artwork; I love it! I've never had the nerve to try sushi before, but I think that comes from living so far away from the sea and knowing it wouldn't be fresh. I've always wanted to visit Japan (Tokyo, specifically) and would definitely try the fish there considering it's one of their specialities.

Great pictures!
lol We're only 2 hours from the sea at most :P

Beatiful pictures conrad
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
smiley55

smiley55 can now change their title

have you ever tried one of chef mikuni's places? he used to go on iron chef a lot. next time you visit hope you have a chance to go. this man is...awesome. some of the best french cuisine i've ever had. sounds funny to have it in japan but it is definitely worth it, i think.