Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #51
Risible
Monkey Daze
 
Risible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Muy Caliente
Posts: 5,797
Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Zucchini Corn Fritters Submitted by: FLOWERDANNI
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 38 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Minutes Ready In: 19 Minutes
Yields: 24 servings "Light and fluffy with lots of zucchini and fresh corn, these yummy fritters are a family favorite. Serve hot with ranch dressing."
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh ground black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 cups fresh corn, kernels cut from cob
1 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
oil for frying
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper. 2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and butter. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir in zucchini, corn, and cheese; mix well. 3. Warm oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by the tablespoonful into hot oil. Fry until crisp and brown, turning once with tongs. Remove to paper towels. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 7/7/2008
__________________


Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #52
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.
 
supersoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Shore of MA
Posts: 3,893
supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default



okies folks, here's the recipe to the chicken and stuffing casserole i posted a pic of the other day!

this is based on a recipe my mom read...and she made it a bit easier for herself, and creamier to suit our tastes. this makes a double batch...and leftovers cold of this stuff are amazing!!

1 large box of stovetop stuffing (or whatever brand you like)
3-4 10 oz cans of chicken breast (depends on how meaty you want it!)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 container of sour cream

prepare the stuffing as per the directions, and press about half of it into the bottom of a large casserole dish. mix the chicken breast in with the soup and sour cream, and pour over the stuffing. top with the other half of the stuffing, and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, until it's bubbly and golden on the top. for a half batch, you'd bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. also, we added crumbled cheese and garlic croutons to the top once...DELICIOUS. this is really good served over hot biscuits as well!
__________________
Super fat, and super rad.
supersoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:57 PM   #53
Brandi
The Emotional Cook
 
Brandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 1,933
Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

Cream Cheese Fudge

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

• 6 tablespoon (3 oz) cream cheese
• 2 cups powdered sugar
• 1-1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
• dash of salt
• 1/4 cup nuts, chopped and toasted (any candies or crushed cookies or fruit or the below fudge)

Preparation:

Butter a pan. Cream cheese. Gradually add powdered sugar. Add chocolate and mix. Stir in vanilla, salt and nuts. Spread in prepared pan. Chill until firm. Keep in the refrigerated.

Now if I’m making Raspberry cheesecake fudge, I make the above first, then I make this one and put it on top!
Raspberry Fudge

Ingredients:

• 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white)
• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1/8 cup cream
• 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves (or any fruit, peach, blueberry and strawberry is awesome)
• 2 cups white chocolate chips
• 1/8 tsp lemon juice
• red food coloring (optional)

Preparation:

1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every minute. Stir until the mixture is completely homogenous and smooth.

3. Add the vanilla and salt and stir until combined. Pour into the prepared pan and refrigerate until this layer is mostly set, about 1 hour.

4. Once this layer is set, prepare the raspberry layer: combine the cream, white chocolate chips, and raspberry preserves in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every 45 seconds and taking care that the chocolate does not burn. Stir until smooth, then add the lemon juice and a few drops of red food coloring, if desired.

5. Allow the raspberry-white chocolate mixture to cool to lukewarm, then pour it over the chocolate fudge layer and smooth it in an even layer using a knife or an offset spatula.

6. Return the fudge to the refrigerator to set, about 2-3 hours. To serve, cut into 1-inch squares.
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #54
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.
 
Sweet Tooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hockeytown
Posts: 1,283
Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Breakfast Cupcakes

Breakfast Cupcakes With Sausage and Apple
Makes 6 jumbo cupcakes; total time: about 1 hour.

For the cake:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cornmeal
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
½ cup plain nonfat yogurt or buttermilk [I used powdered buttermilk]
¼ cup milk
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 egg white
1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage [I used turkey sausage]
1 Honeycrisp or Fuji apple, cored and thinly sliced

For the caramel:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp. bourbon or rum (optional)
1 tsp. salt
[I just used jarred caramel.]

Preheat oven to 350°. Coat cups of jumbo muffin tin with nonstick spray.

Combine flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Combine yogurt, milk, oil eggs, and egg white in another bowl. Set aside.

Brown sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.

Whisk brown sugar, cream, syrup, bourbon, and salt for caramel together in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.

Stir sausage into flour mixture and add yogurt mixture. Stir just until combined; mixture will be slightly lumpy. Arrange apple slices in muffin cups. Divide caramel evenly between cups; top with rounded ½ cup of batter.

Bake until toothpick inserted in a cupcake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cupcakes cool briefly before turning out of muffin tin. [I didn't let them cool, so they stuck to the bottom of the pan. The ones I took out a little later were much prettier.]
__________________
♪ ♫ Cathedrals have tried in vain to show the image of Your face, but we are, by your design, the signature of divine. ♫ ♪ [Needtobreathe]
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. [Winston Churchill]
Sweet Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:40 AM   #55
adasiyan
 
adasiyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 141
adasiyan does more than just post hot picsadasiyan does more than just post hot picsadasiyan does more than just post hot pics
Default Veggie Quiche

Hi all,

Chubbybubbles: this is for you

Veggie Quiche.

ingredients
-------------
5 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 cups vegetables (i used corn, broccoli, cauliflower and spring onions)
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
2 sheets storebought puff pastry
4 rashers bacon
1 tablespoon sour cream
Salt and Pepper

---------------

Preheat oven to 180 C.
Chop veggies and bacon into smallish pieces, mix in bowl with eggs, milk,spring onions sourcream, bacon and salt and pepper.
Butter pie dish and line with 1 sheet puffpastry.

Pour mixture into pie dish and bake for approx 30-40 mins - or until nearly set.

Slice second puff pastry sheet into strips and arrange ontop of Quiche.
Bake for a further 20 mins or until golden brown.

I also LOVE zucchini or aubergine (eggplant) in this, but any veggie works - roasted pumpkin is good in this too.
Can be eaten hot or cold

__________________
Like Meatballs through a straw, So are the days of our lives.

Last edited by adasiyan; 04-05-2009 at 05:44 AM. Reason: forgot to add picture :D
adasiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #56
ChubbyBubbles
Luke's Mommy
 
ChubbyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
ChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adasiyan View Post
Hi all,

Chubbybubbles: this is for you

Veggie Quiche.

ingredients
-------------
5 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
3 cups vegetables (i used corn, broccoli, cauliflower and spring onions)
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
2 sheets storebought puff pastry
4 rashers bacon
1 tablespoon sour cream
Salt and Pepper

---------------

Preheat oven to 180 C.
Chop veggies and bacon into smallish pieces, mix in bowl with eggs, milk,spring onions sourcream, bacon and salt and pepper.
Butter pie dish and line with 1 sheet puffpastry.

Pour mixture into pie dish and bake for approx 30-40 mins - or until nearly set.

Slice second puff pastry sheet into strips and arrange ontop of Quiche.
Bake for a further 20 mins or until golden brown.

I also LOVE zucchini or aubergine (eggplant) in this, but any veggie works - roasted pumpkin is good in this too.
Can be eaten hot or cold


THANK YOU! I AM PICKING UP THE INGREDIENTS AT THE STORE AND MAKING IT FOR DINNER!!! THANKS AGAIN!
__________________
*People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but, they will always remember how you made them feel*
:happy:
*There is no greater love than that between a mother and her child*
:happy:
*Coincidence is when God chooses to remain annonymous*
ChubbyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #57
ChubbyBubbles
Luke's Mommy
 
ChubbyBubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 873
ChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Thumbs up Chilli Cheese Dog Casserole

Ingredients
2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans or use homemade
1 (16 ounce) package beef frankfurters
10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 (8 ounce) package Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small onion chopped

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2.Spread 1 can of chili and beans in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle onions on top, roll up franks inside tortillas and place in baking dish, seam side down, on top of chili and bean 'bed'. Top with remaining can of chili and beans, and sprinkle with cheese.
3.Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
__________________
*People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but, they will always remember how you made them feel*
:happy:
*There is no greater love than that between a mother and her child*
:happy:
*Coincidence is when God chooses to remain annonymous*
ChubbyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:07 AM   #58
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?
 
ThatFatGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm lost.
Posts: 3,553
ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Cold Sesame Noodles

6 oz chow mein noodles or spaghetti
1/3 c reduced-fat smooth peanut butter **
1/3 c water
3 T ketchup
2 T hoisin sauce
2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 T packed light brown sugar
1 T rice vinegar
1 t dark sesame oil
2 scallions, chopped

1. Cook the noodles according to package directions, rinse with cold water and set aside.

2. In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients except for the scallions and the noodles and bring to a boil on medium high heat. Stir constantly until well mixed. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.

3. Toss sauce with noodles and sprinkle with scallions.

Per Serving (1/3 C); 182 cal, 5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 29 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 12 mg calcium

** I got this recipe off another message board. Not sure of it's origin, but it might be a Weight Watchers recipe, hence the reduced fat peanut butter. You can probably use regular peanut butter without changing up anything else.

The dish was wonderful as is, but if you want it spicy, you could add pinch of red pepper flakes or hot chili oil.


Thai Summer Rolls (a.k.a. Shrimp Spring Rolls)

Soak 6 Thai rice paper wrappers (available in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets) in warm water until soft, about 10 seconds. Lay them flat on your work surface and top each with 1 large cooked cocktail shrimp (about 1 ounce), 2 cucumber slices, 2 tablespoons shredded carrot, 1 tablespoon minced scallion (green part only), and 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce. Roll to seal in the filling; serve immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.

I used smaller shrimp the last two times I made these and used 2-3 shrimp in each roll depending on their size. I also assembled them one at a time due to lack of workspace. When they're wet, the rice paper wrapper tries to stick to itself which is great when you're wrapping, but when you're trying to spread it out to top them it gets a little tricky.

Also, I used rice flour pancakes by Blue Dragon for the wraps.
__________________
"Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."
- Sophia Loren



Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:31 PM   #59
MisticalMisty
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,362
MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

You should post this in the Iron Foodee Thread!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
Cold Sesame Noodles

6 oz chow mein noodles or spaghetti
1/3 c reduced-fat smooth peanut butter **
1/3 c water
3 T ketchup
2 T hoisin sauce
2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 T packed light brown sugar
1 T rice vinegar
1 t dark sesame oil
2 scallions, chopped

1. Cook the noodles according to package directions, rinse with cold water and set aside.

2. In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients except for the scallions and the noodles and bring to a boil on medium high heat. Stir constantly until well mixed. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.

3. Toss sauce with noodles and sprinkle with scallions.

Per Serving (1/3 C); 182 cal, 5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 29 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 12 mg calcium

** I got this recipe off another message board. Not sure of it's origin, but it might be a Weight Watchers recipe, hence the reduced fat peanut butter. You can probably use regular peanut butter without changing up anything else.

The dish was wonderful as is, but if you want it spicy, you could add pinch of red pepper flakes or hot chili oil.


Thai Summer Rolls (a.k.a. Shrimp Spring Rolls)

Soak 6 Thai rice paper wrappers (available in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets) in warm water until soft, about 10 seconds. Lay them flat on your work surface and top each with 1 large cooked cocktail shrimp (about 1 ounce), 2 cucumber slices, 2 tablespoons shredded carrot, 1 tablespoon minced scallion (green part only), and 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce. Roll to seal in the filling; serve immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.

I used smaller shrimp the last two times I made these and used 2-3 shrimp in each roll depending on their size. I also assembled them one at a time due to lack of workspace. When they're wet, the rice paper wrapper tries to stick to itself which is great when you're wrapping, but when you're trying to spread it out to top them it gets a little tricky.

Also, I used rice flour pancakes by Blue Dragon for the wraps.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #60
Rowan
wickedly delicious
 
Rowan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posts: 3,583
Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
Cold Sesame Noodles

6 oz chow mein noodles or spaghetti
1/3 c reduced-fat smooth peanut butter **
1/3 c water
3 T ketchup
2 T hoisin sauce
2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 T packed light brown sugar
1 T rice vinegar
1 t dark sesame oil
2 scallions, chopped

1. Cook the noodles according to package directions, rinse with cold water and set aside.

2. In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients except for the scallions and the noodles and bring to a boil on medium high heat. Stir constantly until well mixed. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.

3. Toss sauce with noodles and sprinkle with scallions.

Per Serving (1/3 C); 182 cal, 5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 29 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 12 mg calcium

** I got this recipe off another message board. Not sure of it's origin, but it might be a Weight Watchers recipe, hence the reduced fat peanut butter. You can probably use regular peanut butter without changing up anything else.

The dish was wonderful as is, but if you want it spicy, you could add pinch of red pepper flakes or hot chili oil.


Thai Summer Rolls (a.k.a. Shrimp Spring Rolls)

Soak 6 Thai rice paper wrappers (available in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets) in warm water until soft, about 10 seconds. Lay them flat on your work surface and top each with 1 large cooked cocktail shrimp (about 1 ounce), 2 cucumber slices, 2 tablespoons shredded carrot, 1 tablespoon minced scallion (green part only), and 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce. Roll to seal in the filling; serve immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.

I used smaller shrimp the last two times I made these and used 2-3 shrimp in each roll depending on their size. I also assembled them one at a time due to lack of workspace. When they're wet, the rice paper wrapper tries to stick to itself which is great when you're wrapping, but when you're trying to spread it out to top them it gets a little tricky.

Also, I used rice flour pancakes by Blue Dragon for the wraps.
Those rolls look absolutely delicious!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~In the end we are all just chalk lines....drawn on the concrete only to be washed away~

¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤×¤

§~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~§
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #61
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man
 
Fuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 600 South viaduct refrigerator box
Posts: 9,809
Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I'm definately making cold sesame noodles this weekend Thanks!
__________________
No! Clothed in chocolate. Totally different process.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #62
SenZeniNa
 
SenZeniNa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2
SenZeniNa has said some nice things
Default Bacon Explosion Yessssssss!

I am posting this link because there are pictures, words won't do this recipe justice. Benjamin Franklin said, "Everything in moderation", and with that in mind, I only make this for special occassions, like three times a year. Thanks for the awesome forum, I mean the whole thing, not this one little part. Please feel free to let this noob know if you make it or change it for the better. Enjoy...

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/
SenZeniNa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #63
Carrie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,368
Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Asparagus, Chicken and Penne Pasta

Asparagus, Chicken and Penne Pasta

I got this light, healthy recipe off the Safeway website, and the only modifications I made were to use multi-grain penne and to add a nice squeeze of lemon at the end (though I think it would be just fine without; I'm just a lemon freak). I definitely recommend using fresh parmesan as opposed to the kind in a shake canister, as the former has a lot more flavor and I think this dish would be bland without that yummy fresh parmy bite. It was very good the next day, too. Pic posted here.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until firm and lightly browned; remove from pan. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Cook and stir garlic, asparagus, and red pepper flakes in oil until asparagus is tender. Stir in chicken, and cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Toss pasta with chicken and asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
__________________
.
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:43 AM   #64
agnieszka
 
agnieszka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 129
agnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesagnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default seafood soup



- 2 fish stock cubes (i use Knoww ones)
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 white onion
- 1 large handful cut mixed peppers (colours of your choice)
- 2 spoons of long grain rice
- some frozen cooked and peeled prawns
- 2-3 yellow fin sole fillets (skinless and boneless)
- double cream
- spices- bay leaf, crushed all spice, crushed pepper, 1 garlic clove

Boil about 2l of water with fish stock and spices. Add chopped carrot and onion, sliced celery and rice, boil for 10 mins. Add peppers, prawns and fish cut into small cubes (chunk size), boil for another 15 mins. Finish with double cream (as much as you want). I add some fresh, finely chopped chives with cream (parsley will also do)

Enjoy ;-)
agnieszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #65
Proner
Scruffy Scruffy
 
Proner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Ferret
Posts: 971
Proner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions communityProner is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Soo... I translate the recipe the best I could, I learned that recipe from my father's cousin who live in Tahiti and did this meal without a "written" recipe so this is from what I saw haha.

Chao Men

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts
4 pork chops
Chinese noodles (around 12oz)
1/2 cabbage
1/2 can of cultivated mushrooms (could replace with Shiitake and Black trumpets if you prefer)
1/2 can of bamboo shoot
4 eggs
2 shallots
2 garlic cloves
Soy sauce, salt
Chives

Cut chicken and pork into thin strips.

Slice thinly the cabbage, mushrooms, shallots and bamboo's shoot.

Blanch the cabbage and reserve it. Then cook it on a wok with some soy sauce until he colored.

Sear the pork with garlic, salt pepper add soy sauce (10/15 minutes).

Same thing for chicken with shallot.

Colored the mushrooms with the bamboo shoots. Then put the cabbage, pork with garlic, chicken with shallots and mushroom in a big pan add some water and cook for ten minutes.

Boil the chinese noodles to separate them, drain them and sear with soy sauce to make them crunchy.

Beat your eggs in omelette (add some soy sauce before doing it) and then cook it in frying pan.

Set up in a plate starting with the noodles then the mix of chicken, pork, cabbage, the omelette and finally some slashed chives.

And if I didn't make mistakes in the recipe's translation you get this as result!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5009.JPG (95.1 KB, 352 views)
__________________
- All different but all together-
Proner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #66
mpls_girl26
 
mpls_girl26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 507
mpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Asparagus, Chicken and Penne Pasta

I got this light, healthy recipe off the Safeway website, and the only modifications I made were to use multi-grain penne and to add a nice squeeze of lemon at the end (though I think it would be just fine without; I'm just a lemon freak). I definitely recommend using fresh parmesan as opposed to the kind in a shake canister, as the former has a lot more flavor and I think this dish would be bland without that yummy fresh parmy bite. It was very good the next day, too. Pic posted here.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat - cut into bite-size pieces
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
  2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until firm and lightly browned; remove from pan. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Cook and stir garlic, asparagus, and red pepper flakes in oil until asparagus is tender. Stir in chicken, and cook for 2 minutes to blend the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Toss pasta with chicken and asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
I do something very similar to this but add in red pepper and while the chicken is cooking I heat in the microwave a little bit of olive oil with garlic and crushed red pepper in it to toss with everything at the end. Just infuses the oil a bit. And, I dump in some baby spinach in the pan before putting the pasta back in. The heat of everything warms the spinach just right. I too use lemon....yum.

This is a great dish to make for work lunches because it tastes better as leftovers!
mpls_girl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #67
littlefairywren
Chi Chi
 
littlefairywren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,316
littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proner View Post
Soo... I translate the recipe the best I could, I learned that recipe from my father's cousin who live in Tahiti and did this meal without a "written" recipe so this is from what I saw haha.

Chao Men

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts
4 pork chops
Chinese noodles (around 12oz)
1/2 cabbage
1/2 can of cultivated mushrooms (could replace with Shiitake and Black trumpets if you prefer)
1/2 can of bamboo shoot
4 eggs
2 shallots
2 garlic cloves
Soy sauce, salt
Chives

Cut chicken and pork into thin strips.

Slice thinly the cabbage, mushrooms, shallots and bamboo's shoot.

Blanch the cabbage and reserve it. Then cook it on a wok with some soy sauce until he colored.

Sear the pork with garlic, salt pepper add soy sauce (10/15 minutes).

Same thing for chicken with shallot.

Colored the mushrooms with the bamboo shoots. Then put the cabbage, pork with garlic, chicken with shallots and mushroom in a big pan add some water and cook for ten minutes.

Boil the chinese noodles to separate them, drain them and sear with soy sauce to make them crunchy.

Beat your eggs in omelette (add some soy sauce before doing it) and then cook it in frying pan.

Set up in a plate starting with the noodles then the mix of chicken, pork, cabbage, the omelette and finally some slashed chives.

And if I didn't make mistakes in the recipe's translation you get this as result!
Thanks for supplying the recipe, Proner. That looks so good!
__________________
There is only one happiness in life -- to love and to be loved ~ George Sand
littlefairywren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #68
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes
 
MzDeeZyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 943
MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Chicken Pot Pie

3 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Bags Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup Sour Cream

Topping:
2 cups Bisquick® Baking Mix
1 cup Milk
2 eggs



Preheat oven to 400 degrees

I first cut up the chicken into bite size pieces. I then sautee the chicken with 4 TBS of Butter and Natures Seasoning. I find that cooking in the butter keeps the chicken moist. In the same pan I add both cans of soup and the sour cream. I then steam cook the Veggies as directed on the package and then add them to the mix. I let it cook for about 10 minutes on a medium high heat. The only seasoning I use for the entire dish is Natures Seasoning.

While the mixture is cooking I make the topping by mixing all 3 ingredients together. Pour the Chicken mixture into a glass cake pan. While it's still hot, I pour the topping mixture over it and spread evenly.

I bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the crust looks good to me.
After Baking I let it sit about 10 minutes to thicken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChixPotPie.jpg (69.7 KB, 316 views)
__________________
He is the icing on my cupcake. <3

Last edited by MzDeeZyre; 11-13-2010 at 03:01 PM.
MzDeeZyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #69
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes
 
MzDeeZyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 943
MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDeeZyre View Post
Chicken Pot Pie

3 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Bags Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup Sour Cream

Topping:
2 cups Bisquick® Baking Mix
1 cup Milk
2 eggs



Preheat oven to 400 degrees

I first cut up the chicken into bite size pieces. I then sautee the chicken with 4 TBS of Butter and Natures Seasoning. I find that cooking in the butter keeps the chicken moist. In the same pan I add both cans of soup and the sour cream. I then steam cook the Veggies as directed on the package and then add them to the mix. I let it cook for about 10 minutes on a medium high heat. The only seasoning I use for the entire dish is Natures Seasoning.

While the mixture is cooking I make the topping by mixing all 3 ingredients together. Pour the Chicken mixture into a glass cake pan. While it's still hot, I pour the topping mixture over it and spread evenly.

I bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the crust looks good to me.
After Baking I let it sit about 10 minutes to thicken.
PS I also add mushrooms and occasionally potatoes.
__________________
He is the icing on my cupcake. <3
MzDeeZyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #70
EMH1701
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 1,569
EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Minnesota Hotdish

The hotdish recipe:

I took a bag of frozen hash browns (Southwest style)
1 pound frozen hamburger (browned in a frying pan)
1 bag mixed frozen vegetables
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Added some salt and pepper, and some basil and oregano, and mixed it up
Topped with some Frito-Lay Jalapeno cheese

Baked in oven in a casserole dish for about 1 hour 20 minutes (you may want to check it multiple times depending on your oven type).

I'm going to have fun eating this at work next week.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #71
Moongirl75
 
Moongirl75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 25
Moongirl75 can now change their title
Default Stuffed Peppers

I've never written this recipe down before, but someone asked on the Everyday Food Pics thread so I will do my best.

Ingredients:
1 lb Italian sausage (Pork or Turkey work equally well)
3 red bell peppers
8 oz orzo pasta
4 cups chicken stock
1 Zucchini, grated
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley
Salt
Pepper

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f.

In a medium pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for 8 minutes. Remove the orzo from the stock with a strainer, reserving the stock for later use. Put the orzo in a large bowl.

In a saute pan, cook the sausage until nicely browned and crumbly. Remove from pan and toss with the orzo. Add the onions to the pan, cook for a few minutes over a medium heat. When they begin to get translucent, add the chopped garlic, cook for another minute then add the grated zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the onion, garlic and zucchini until most of the moisture has cooked off.

Add the onion and zucchini mixture to the bowl with the orzo and sausage. Add the grated Parmesan. Chop the parsley and add to the mixture. Stir to combine. Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed.

To prep the peppers, cut in half length wise. Remove the seeds and ribs (white stuff) from each half. Place in a large baking dish. Stuff each pepper half with the mixture. I press it in firmly. Pour the remaining chicken stock that you cooked the pasta in into the baking dish under the pepper halves.

Once the peppers are all stuffed and in the baking dish with the stock, cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven, covered, for 40 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven, take off the foil and sprinkle with mozzarella. Put back in the oven and bake uncovered for 15 more minutes, until the cheese browns a little. Remove from the oven, let cool a little and serve. The broth in the bottom of the dish thickens and makes a nice sauce.

If you have extra filling, put it in a ramekin and top it with some cheese and bake the last 15 minutes with the peppers. Nice to have if you have someone who is crazy enough to not like red peppers aka my brother in law.
Moongirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #72
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes
 
MzDeeZyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 943
MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Chicken Meatball and Tortellini Soup

Chicken Meatballs
4 links organic chicken-apple sausage (or equivalent ground chicken meat)
1/2 cup fresh bread, crumbs (2 slices fresh white bread ground up)
1/2 cup whole milk
1 egg
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
Soup
extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
4 fresh thyme sprigs
2 large carrots, cut into circles
1 medium onion, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
kosher salt
3 quarts reduced- sodium chicken broth
4 black peppercorns
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
1 bay leaf
1 lb fresh refrigerated tortellini
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare meatballs by combining loose ground chicken meat (discard casings, if using sausages), bread crumbs, milk, egg, parsley, and the 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then mix until fully combined. Using a small ice cream scoop, make balls and set on a roasting tray. Drizzle lightly with oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and caramelized.

While the meatballs are roasting, prepare the soup. Set a large stockpot over medium heat. Add a 2-count of oil (about 2 tablespoons), the garlic, and thyme. Gently saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add carrot, onion, and celery. Season with salt and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and add peppercorns, the 2 tablespoons parsley, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.

Once meatballs are cooked, scrape them into the pot of chicken soup and add tortellini. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the flavors to come together. Remove peppercorns and bay leaf. Serve with some torn pieces of crusty bread. ( Jalapeno Cheddar bread makes a great pairing)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Soup.jpg (65.2 KB, 174 views)
__________________
He is the icing on my cupcake. <3
MzDeeZyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #73
EMH1701
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 1,569
EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default The raw vegan veggie pasta

In a veggie spiral slicer, slice up the following: 1/2 cucumber or zucchini, one small red and one small yellow pepper. Add a handful of finely chopped nuts, a teaspoon of minced garlic, a little bit of enoki mushroom, and broccoli or bean sprouts. I used balsamic vinaigrette dressing and it worked well.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #74
smithnwesson
Drug dealer
 
smithnwesson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,345
smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnieszka View Post


- 2 fish stock cubes (i use Knoww ones)
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 white onion
- 1 large handful cut mixed peppers (colours of your choice)
- 2 spoons of long grain rice
- some frozen cooked and peeled prawns
- 2-3 yellow fin sole fillets (skinless and boneless)
- double cream
- spices- bay leaf, crushed all spice, crushed pepper, 1 garlic clove

Boil about 2l of water with fish stock and spices. Add chopped carrot and onion, sliced celery and rice, boil for 10 mins. Add peppers, prawns and fish cut into small cubes (chunk size), boil for another 15 mins. Finish with double cream (as much as you want). I add some fresh, finely chopped chives with cream (parsley will also do)

Enjoy ;-)
There ain't no way that could suck. This one will definitely be printed out and tried.

Why Oh Why do I have to read shit like this at nearly 2200hrs? It's almost bedtime and now I'm starving.

Woe is me! - Jim
__________________
Bacon is the candy of the pig. - PamelaLois
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #75
dharmabean
♥ ɢråтıтuɗɛ◦ɢåӏ ♥
 
dharmabean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ◦ in mindfulness ◦
Posts: 2,202
dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

I don't have a pic to share, but this is my recipe for dinner tonight:

1 Can of Pinto Beans
1 Can of Red Beans
1 Can of Chili Beans
1 Can of Kidney Beans
1 Can of Hunts Roasted Garlic and Onion Tomato Sauce
Chili Seasoning
1 Lbs of Beef
1/2 Bacon

Start slow cooking all of the cans together with the seasoning.
Brown beef and add to chili
Fry Bacon add to chili

Slow cook until all beans are really soft, everything has soaked up seasonings.

Cut onion, cheddar cheese

Scoop in a bowl, top with onion/cheddar/sour cream
dharmabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.