Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #151
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I've been in search of coconut M&M's and the new pretzel M&M's. None here so far in northeast PA. Any reviews yet?
There's this rumor that there are NO yellow pretzel M&Ms... haven't found any yet. (haven't found any Preztel M&Ms yet..)
Old 06-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #152
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I don't really like ice cream but every now and then a flavor comes out that I have to at least try and Spouse could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner so it's pretty much always in the house so the other day (sorry for the run-on) I saw an ad for Blue Bunny party cake ice cream sandwiches.
Now, I've had party cake ice cream from Turkey Hill which is pretty good, with actual cake in it, but the sandwiches were awful. There wasn't any cake of any kind, nor frosting...it was basically vanilla ice cream with those round flat sprinkle dots. What a disappointment.
Blue Bunny is to ice cream what Yugo is to cars.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #153
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I saw an ad for Blue Bunny party cake ice cream sandwiches.
Now, I've had party cake ice cream from Turkey Hill which is pretty good, with actual cake in it, but the sandwiches were awful. There wasn't any cake of any kind, nor frosting...it was basically vanilla ice cream with those round flat sprinkle dots. What a disappointment.
I LOVE the Turkey Hill party cake ice cream, when we buy it we must buy two because my son loves it as well and I'm not good with sharing ice cream. That's why I bought the sandwiches, for my son, and I only needed to taste one to know I'd never buy them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
and tells me I must support my local Baskin Robbins before all is lost!
Baskin Robbins Baseball Nut is freakin' DELICIOUS

Quote:
I've been in search of coconut M&M's and the new pretzel M&M's. None here so far in northeast PA. Any reviews yet?
Coconut M&M's are pretty good. I find them in my local corner stores all the time. If it wasn't ridiculously hot out these days I'd mail you some. If you don't have them by winter let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbbwlvr View Post
"California Pizza Kitchen"? Kinda like the born again Christian brothel.

There are lots of good dining experiences in CA but pizza isn't one of them.

I miss the great CA Mexican food. Hard to come by here in NY.
I had the frozen California Pizza Kitchen and it was pretty good. Never been to California so I don't know what the stuff in the actual restaurant tastes like.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #154
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
There's this rumor that there are NO yellow pretzel M&Ms... haven't found any yet. (haven't found any Preztel M&Ms yet..)
I had the pretzel ones in Portland a couple of weeks ago. Tasty! Nice mix of salty and sweet. Yum.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #155
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I had the pretzel M&M's here in Florida. They were good. I felt they needed a bit more chocolate, but they were definitely tasty. My favorites are still the peanut. And unfortunately I have yet been able to try the coconut.
D_A_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #156
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I tried Ben & Jerry's new Boston Cream Pie flavor recently, and.... bleh. Big disappointment. The base flavor was just kind of bland and generically sweet, not an actual flavor like vanilla, and the pieces of cake didn't translate well in ice cream at all. It made it a little bit gritty? or grainy, I'm not sure which. I had a few bites and threw the rest away.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #157
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
I tried Ben & Jerry's new Boston Cream Pie flavor recently, and.... bleh. Big disappointment. The base flavor was just kind of bland and generically sweet, not an actual flavor like vanilla, and the pieces of cake didn't translate well in ice cream at all. It made it a little bit gritty? or grainy, I'm not sure which. I had a few bites and threw the rest away.

Ok, that's coming off my list then. Not worth it.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #158
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
..wonders how it would stand up to Cold Stone Creamery's version with french vanilla ice cream, yellow cake, fudge, whipped topping, in a waffle cone..
Old 07-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #159
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
..wonders how it would stand up to Cold Stone Creamery's version with french vanilla ice cream, yellow cake, fudge, whipped topping, in a waffle cone..
Like a wet match.

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:24 AM   #160
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactopus View Post
That thing about tasting the meat... sorry but I agree with you... I'll say that's just lazy talk for I can't cook worth crap and I'm not creative either.

At the bare minimum beef requires salt. (McDonald's usually uses a bit of salt and pepper on the patties) Without this or perhaps a bit of dried onion flakes you are left with the bland flavor of sub-standard beef (this isn't Carpaccio folks... and even that is often served with basil, capers, and possibly olive oil) and of course all the defects in that beef. Get a bit that doesn't taste as good as the rest?... Perhaps an note of wet dog here... burned protein there?...

Sheesh. I don't blame you at all.

Eh, I dunno. I love to cook and think I'm pretty good at it, and I only ever season my burgers with garlic salt and a little olive oil. Garlic salt and fresh pepper are the primary things we seasoned with growing up, so I guess its a familiar taste. Sometimes I get more creative but I like my burgers plain...as in no bacon-guacamole-fried egg-pineapple-jalapeno-etc for me. Just good cheddar, good lettuce, fresh tomato, pickles, red onions, and some 'sauce'. Yum.
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #161
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
My wife like the coconut M&Ms very much. Dark chocolate with a little bit of Mounds filling. They haven't made it grocery stores or Wal-Mart yet, we have more success finding them at convenience stores.
I tried the coconut M&Ms last week, and I was sooo disappointed. Maybe they changed the recipe, but there was no coconut filling.

It was artificially coconut flavored chocolate. I even checked the ingredient list - not a single mention of coconut. They left a bitter aftertaste in the back of my throat. I still cannot get over how disappointing they were.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #162
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh I liked them.

They're definitely not what I wanted them to be, which is tiny mounds circles. But I sort of like the taste... and consistency, reminds me of coconut haystacks or something. I couldn't eat them all the time, but I wasn't disappointed by them once I accepted they weren't the little coconut capsules I was expecting.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #163
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics
Thumbs down Wrap of Shame

Today I was craving some sort of sandwich with Brie cheese on it. I would have preferred ham, but there was only a chicken wrap available at Sumo Salad in the food court. Chicken, Brie, Lemon Mayo, Rocket (Arugula), and Tomato. Sounded good... I like those ingredients. So they toast the wrap and I take it away. Back at my desk I bite in. Bloody bastards didn't wash the arugula properly the darn thing was full of grit, the thing was lukewarm, the brie quality was so-so. I ended up fishing as much of the greens out as possible but I still had the urge to vomit after I choked down the rest. HATE HATE HATE eating sand.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #164
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics

Addendum: I will never shop at Sumo Salad again... I just saw stuff online about how anti-fat they are.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:32 PM   #165
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ate at a local burger chain that was so terrible I had to yelp it when I got home. b.good
Quote:
The veggie burger is a brillo pad with chunks of vegetables embedded, the toppings are horded like gold, the fries were half-decent and according to my companion the chicken sandwich tasted like "how your house smells after you clean the floors with lemon Pine-Sol."
Oh and thanks to checking out the website after the fact I discovered the Veggie burgers are made with eggs, wonderful.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:25 AM   #166
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

My husband and I ordered Papa John's pizza last night because we had a coupon, and it was awful. We got a six cheese pizza and a grilled chicken club pizza. After we picked the cheese, chicken, and tomatoes off of the club pizza and threw it away, the rest (crust, sauce, onions, and bacon) tasted fine, and that's what we had for supper. But the six cheese is a lost cause. I thought they used real cheese on their pizzas, but what we got last night had a really nasty fake taste and texture (gummy and tastes slightly like a wet dog smells). If it's real, it's really low-grade. I don't want to waste it completely though, so I'll probably pick the cheese layer off and throw it away and take the crust and sauce and build a semi-homemade pizza for lunch from it. I remembered Papa Johns being pretty good for delivery pizza last time we had it, what happened? Either the "ten dollar pizza wars" took their toll on the quality, or it was just a really off night for them.

Tracy
Old 10-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #167
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

We were feeling adventurous and kid-like a few days ago so we grabbed a can of that Batter Blaster stuff to try out. Lots of people said they thought it was good.

Tried it an hour ago and was highly disappointed. I was barely able to eat the two teeny tiny tester pancakes that I made. Tasted sour and bitter, almost like sourdough. Pancakes were rubbery and flat, not fluffy and delicious...Even the taste of syrup couldn't cover up the sour taste.

Not impressed at all...and I'm thinking that anyone who likes this stuff has never had a real or even some bisquick pancakes!! Bleh. Cant get the taste out of my mouth either.

Thumbs down. Thumbs down again. In a way, I kinda knew they'd taste bad. Pancakes from a can? Really?
Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 AM   #168
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Today, for breakfast, I tried Burger King's breakfast bowl (it looks nothing like the following pic). It was decent. The potatoes were great in it. The sausage was typical frozen-esque sausage...and it was definitely lacking green/red peppers. It was a bit spicy, which I liked.

I also got the Burger King Ham Ciabatta....This was the disappointment. Absolutely disgusting. I love ciabatta bread...I was hoping for a crunchy ciabatta and it was soggy. The egg in the sandwich was flavorless and the sauce on the sandwich seemed out of place. Icky.

FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #169
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I also got the Burger King Ham Ciabatta....This was the disappointment. Absolutely disgusting. I love ciabatta bread...I was hoping for a crunchy ciabatta and it was soggy. The egg in the sandwich was flavorless and the sauce on the sandwich seemed out of place. Icky.
Burger King seems to be The Home of Soggy Food: I strongly suspect them of soaking everything in water before it is cooked.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #170
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Burger King seems to be The Home of Soggy Food: I strongly suspect them of soaking everything in water before it is cooked.
My son works there - I'll ask him.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #171
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hardee's has had billboards, and flyers in my town for months talking about their great 'hand breaded' chicken tenders....

So for the price of a foot long sub and cheese sticks from Capt.D's I got 5 icky, over crunchy, bland chicken tenders and fries.

No. No more billboards for me, giant food on a board is always better than the real thing in the bag..
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote