Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 09-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
BBW4Chattery

BBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 club
Default Anyone want to be my coach? Seriously?

I'm 31.5 years old... I've NEVER attended any kind of formal event. Ever.

Ok, I accidentally lied. I went to a wedding when I was 6 years old and another when I was 19 years old. I also attended a May Dance when I was 12 years old.

Other than those three, nothing, never... ever.

I've been invited to fraternity semi-formals, holiday formals, event galas, and obviously, my high school had proms... but these were things I never felt like I could attend for various reasons.

The main reason was anxiety. I get into a ball of self-hating stress when I'm invited to an event.

I need a coach because in 5 weeks, I have two MAJOR events to attend in the SAME night. I can't get out of either of them because I've committed to help put them on and have a financial commitment in both as well.

I'd like someone to inspire me, talk me down when I freak out, help me review clothing options, and just generally tell me it's going to be ok... Both of these groups make me feel hideous and awful... (one is high school the other is high class)... but going to both, and having fun, would be such a major accomplishment in my life.

I'm not going to worry about having a date because that just isn't going to happen. I don't know anyone and I never meet guys so the chances of me having one are slim... so we can ignore that part of the coaching.

Ugh, I'm anxious in my tummy just thinking about it.
BBW4Chattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #2
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW4Chattery View Post
I'm 31.5 years old... I've NEVER attended any kind of formal event. Ever.

Ok, I accidentally lied. I went to a wedding when I was 6 years old and another when I was 19 years old. I also attended a May Dance when I was 12 years old.

Other than those three, nothing, never... ever.

I've been invited to fraternity semi-formals, holiday formals, event galas, and obviously, my high school had proms... but these were things I never felt like I could attend for various reasons.

The main reason was anxiety. I get into a ball of self-hating stress when I'm invited to an event.

I need a coach because in 5 weeks, I have two MAJOR events to attend in the SAME night. I can't get out of either of them because I've committed to help put them on and have a financial commitment in both as well.

I'd like someone to inspire me, talk me down when I freak out, help me review clothing options, and just generally tell me it's going to be ok... Both of these groups make me feel hideous and awful... (one is high school the other is high class)... but going to both, and having fun, would be such a major accomplishment in my life.

I'm not going to worry about having a date because that just isn't going to happen. I don't know anyone and I never meet guys so the chances of me having one are slim... so we can ignore that part of the coaching.

Ugh, I'm anxious in my tummy just thinking about it.
I hate it when people don't post on people's threads. I feel like I post some great stuff and NO ONE every acknowledges it!

Anyway, I digress.

I would love to help, although I make no guaranteers on effectiveness or success. Let me know how!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm here to help if you need it, whether on this thread, PM or via Facebook. My homepage is on my profile.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #4
aocutiepi
a beautiful mess.

aocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticed

Same, will help as you need it. I was a fat sorority girl and went to years worth of formal events so I know how hard and intimidating it can be.

Feel free to PM me and I'll check this thread now and again too. I'm not a big poster but I read a lot and interject when needed.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
Dansinfool
Are we their yet!

Dansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging inDansinfool makes people happy simply by logging in

Willing to lend you an ear and help coach you. As you can see people on here will try and help you out.
You can send me a PM or continue to write on here.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm more than happy to help too. Feel free to message me any time - I'll give you my contact details. Do you have the time to speak to a professional as well - this sounds like quite an anxiety disorder and while we can offer a ton of love and advice we're not right there with you and an actual presence talking you through your worries can also be a great help. Major, major hugz chick.