Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default November foodee challenge

First of all, thanks to everyone who voted for my recipe! And now, let's cook with PEANUT BUTTER! Reading OneWickedAngel's peanut butter thread reminded me how versatile the stuff is, so let's see what you can do with it, Dimmers. I'll make up a poll around Thanksgiving time.

Dec - Oranges

Jan - Cream Cheese
Feb - Soda pop
Mar - Recipes containing a can of soup
Apr - Shrimp
May - Eggs
Jun - Liquor
Jul - Pasta/couscous etc Salads
Aug - Zucchini
Sep - Quick breads / Muffins
Oct - Cheese
Nov - Cranberries
Dec - Fudge

Jan - Slow Cooker Recipes
Feb - Potatoes
Mar - Garlic and Mushrooms
Apr - Chicken
May - Lemons
Jun - 30 min Hot Weather Recipes
Jul - Preserves - Jams, Chutneys, Relishes etc
Aug - Coffee
Sep - Tofu / Cottage Cheese
October - Pumpkin
November - Sweet Potatoes/Yams
December - Mint

January - Soup
February - Pork
March-Mexican Food
April - Cereal
May- Berries
June-Yogurt
July - Corn
August - Asian
September - Breakfast foods
October - Nuts
November - Onions
December - Meat in Casings

January - Side Salads
February - Spinach
March - Beans
April-hot sandwiches
May-Soy Sauce
June - cookies
July - Sour Cream
August - (Summer Break)
Sept - BBQ Foods.
October - Southern cuisine
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 11-05-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added the list of past challenges
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love peanut butter The following recipe/pics are not mine...but something I wanted to try (a recipe I've saved in my favorite recipes folder on my browser).

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
: More pics in the article

Attachment 87024

1 chocolate cookie crust (I used an Oreo pre-made crust)

filling:

1 cup cream cheese
2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
4 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup whipping cream

topping:

2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream

optional:

chopped peanuts
chocolate curls

To make the filling: Using a stand mixer with a beater attachment, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until blended.

Whip cream into very soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Spoon filling into the cookie crust.

Make the topping: In a pan, combine the sugar and 1/2 cup cream. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Lower heat immediately and simmer, without stirring, 5-6 minutes until slightly thick and pale yellow. Remove from heat and stir in butter and chocolate until melted. Let chocolate mixture cool slightly.

Pour the topping over pie and spread to cover completely and evenly. Chill, uncovered, about 1 hour until firm.

To decorate: I left a 1/2 gap between the edge of the pie crust and the chocolate filling and filled the gap with chopped peanuts then sprinkled chocolate curls over the middle of the cake.

How to Make Chocolate Curls: Run a vegetable peeler along the length of the flat side of a bar of chocolate at room temperature.

Last edited by FatAndProud; 01-23-2012 at 10:23 PM.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 AM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Peanut Butter Cup Chicken Mole

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3/4 cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped, plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
1 teaspoon espresso powder
3 peanut butter cups, such as Reese's, chopped
1/4 cup raisins
Salt and pepper
1 pound chicken cutlets

1. In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft and the garlic is just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the allspice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes with some of their juice, 1/2 cup chicken broth, the chile and adobo sauce, espresso powder, peanut butter cups, raisins and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly.

2. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, then cook for 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.

3. Using a food processor, puree the cooled sauce with the remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Spoon the mole sauce over the chicken.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

While you should cream the margerine, peanut butter, and sugar together first (then add egg and vanilla, mix again; then add dry ingredients), they seem to work out now matter how you mix them.
------------------------------------------------------------------
PEANUT BUTTER DREAMS

½ cup margarine
½ cup peanut butter
1 ¼ cup flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups

Mix ingredients and roll into ¾-inch balls. Put into miniature muffin tins and bake 7-9 minutes at 375°. Take out of oven and immediately push peanut butter cup into top until it is even.

This batch used some milk and some dark chocolate PB cups. Oh, and I just portioned. I didn't roll. They "fluff" more if you don't roll.