Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #176
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Stuffed Zucchini

This was super yummy.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #177
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Holy Moley that looks delicious
Old 10-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #178
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus_dxb View Post
Holy Moley that looks delicious
Thanks! They both turned out really well. I use that same stuffing mix to stuff mushrooms and they are super good!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #179
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Both dishes look amazing!! Really delicious.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #180
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think I'd like cauliflower like that...cool. Thanks!
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #181
MisticalMisty

Thanks Ladies. That cauliflower recipe is out of this world. I have tried using it in twice baked "potato" casserole and haven't gotten it tweaked enough.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #182
MisticalMisty

Chicken and Mushroom Soup!

The original recipe can be found here. I've worked on this soup and have gotten it to where I like it!

4 slices bacon-diced
3 chicken breasts- cubed
8 oz sliced mushrooms-chopped
1 onion diced
1 cup diced red, orange or yellow bell pepper-diced
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped carrots
3 garlic cloves minced
1 pint of heavy cream
48 oz of chicken broth
4 cups of water-will depend on your pot
1TBSP chicken base
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp thyme
1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Rosemary
Salt
Pepper

Add bacon to a heated, dry dutch oven or any other heavy bottom pan. We want to render the fat..so cook it low and slow. Once crispy, remove to a paper towel to drain.

Now see this...this is yummy deliciousness. There's about a tablespoon of bacon fat here and we are going to use it. Now, feel free to pour it off it you desire..but why would you? It's BACON! The veggies are going to pick up all that goodness off the bottom of the pan!

Now, you are going to add the onions, celery, carrots and bell peppers-my bell peppers were in the freezer...that's why they had some crystals on them! Make sure to season with salt and pepper! You're going to cook these veggies for about 8 minutes on medium heat. You want to sweat the veggies without much browning!

Add the garlic and cook until you can smell it..about 30 seconds to a minute! Now, add the mushrooms, more salt and pepper. Again, cook these between 8 and 10 minutes. You want the mushrooms to give off all their liquid.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #183
MisticalMisty

Default cont...

Move the veggies to the side to create a well in the middle of your pan. Add the chicken *make sure to season the chicken with salt and pepper* Let brown on first side and then stir to combine.

Add seasonings, chicken broth and enough water to bring the liquid amount to about 2 inches below the top of your pot. Cover and simmer on medium low heat for 20 minutes.

After 20 minutes, check for seasoning. I normally have to add salt. Now, pour cream into a bowl. Add a ladle of the soup to the cream, stir to combine and continue adding two more ladles to the cream.

Add bowl of cream into soup. Turn soup to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Do not boil this soup!

Now, you can add the bacon at this point..I like the flavor..or you can save it to garnish!

Old 01-05-2011, 04:16 PM   #184
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You had me at heavy cream!

Want.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #185
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
You had me at heavy cream!

Want.
You know..I normally add a whole quart...I backed off last night. I prefer mine with more cream!