Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 01-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
BigWarmMan

BigWarmMan can now change their title
Default Calorie Counting for Fun?

Does anyone here like to count calories for fun? This used to be an OCD way I tortured myself, but I have found a way to repurpose it for pleasure.
I have been keeping a food/exercise diary with myfitnesspal app on my iPhone. It does more than just tally my daily caloric intake. It projects my efforts into the future.
Whenever you add to a day's eating, you can click on a button that instantly tells you how the calories you've just eaten will affect your progress, by computing what you'd weigh in five weeks if you ate that much everyday. That extra handful of peanuts may not seem like much, but it makes pounds of difference over 5 weeks. You can check the prediction as often as you like, quite impressively boosting your net gain with every delicious addition. If you eat enough, the predictions become very encouraging, even tantalizing-- and the app really does urge you onward. It's like having a personal feeder/encourager in your pocket.
You can also do this online at myfitnesspal.com (I think). Has anyone else tried this? It's really fun!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Calories

I once heard a DJ on a local Christian Station say that a person's weight typically gravitates to around a tenth of average daily calorie intake. Doesn't sound too far off to me.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
BigWarmMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
I once heard a DJ on a local Christian Station say that a person's weight typically gravitates to around a tenth of average daily calorie intake. Doesn't sound too far off to me.
OMG! If that's true, I'm gravitating to 700 pounds!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Disclaimer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWarmMan View Post
OMG! If that's true, I'm gravitating to 700 pounds!
Your results may vary.

After that bout I had with whatever the f**k I had a year ago that caused me to lose 120 lbs in 2 months, and being 55, my raging metabolism finally slowed, it takes rather little, these days for me to gain. I've gained 80 of it in less than a year without even trying. Our bodies are like cars, they kinda' work the same way, but they're all a little different from each other.

How do you manage to eat 7000 cal-per-day, any way?

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:06 AM   #5
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was always worried my barely chubby ex would lose weight, so I'd compulsively count the calories he consumed after dates. I was so creepily paranoid
Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
BigWarmMan

How do you manage to eat 7000 cal-per-day, any way?[/QUOTE]

That's what I would have asked a few months ago, but now it's easy. I'm pretty sure I could be quite comfortable on 10,000kcal/day, now. Scarey?
Old 01-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
BigWarmMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I was always worried my barely chubby ex would lose weight, so I'd compulsively count the calories he consumed after dates. I was so creepily paranoid
Creepily paranoid in a HOT way!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
shuefly pie
catty whompus

shuefly pie does more than just post hot picsshuefly pie does more than just post hot picsshuefly pie does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Freak!

shuefly pie is offline   Reply With Quote