Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default What are you making for the big game?

I said I would bring something to work in honor of the super bowl. What do you think is best? What is everyone making? SHARE your recipes.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

I'm going to a friends house and I am making a big pot of meatballs in gravy,
SMOG - Italian Sausage, Mushrooms, Onions & Green Peppers
Linguica with onions & garlic.
I will have a dozen hard rolls and four enormous grinder rolls.
And a box of Tastykakes - Kandy Kakes.

If I was doing it at my house, I'd replicate Primanti Brothers Sandwiches.
In honor of the Steelers of course.

I also got a case of mixed Blue Moon ales, a 6 of Hop Wallop 8.5% beer
and a 6 of Winter Hook winter ale.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Here's the menu of fabulous finger foods at our house for Superbowl:

Little Smokies baked in Puff Pastry served with Dijon Mustard dip

Homemade Guacamole with Torrilla chips

Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers - w ranch dip

veggie platter (Tomatoes, broccoli, baby carrots) w ranch dip

Beer, sodas, etc.

Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If by big game you mean the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet then this is what we are having:

Nachos with the works
pigs in a blanket
hummus and pita chips
a friend is bringing some sort of grilled sandwiches
chips and dip
and brownies for dessert
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
HollyGirl

HollyGirl can now change their title
Default This is THE BEST dip ever.. and so easy!

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
• 2(8-oz) packages cream cheese, room temp
• 1 bottle wing sauce, such as Franks(not just hot sauce, make sure it's wing sauce) I use franks sweet hot wing sauce and it is AMAZING!
• 1 c. blue cheese dressing
• 2 c. diced, cooked chicken
• 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
• Preheat oven to 350. Spread cream cheese on bottom of rectangular casserole dish. Stir 1/2 wing sauce with the chicken and layer on top of cream cheese. Pour blue cheese dressing on top of chicken. Pour remaining wing sauce on top of blue cheese. Put shredded cheddar on top of entire casserole. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or with a spoon right out of casserole.

Its in the oven as we speak! I actually made 2 of these, one for my dad ( cause he would throw a temper tantrum to rival a 2 year olds if i walked out of the house without leaving him some) and one for the friend house im going to. Its SOOO good! I'm seriosuly going to eat some of my dads before i go to my friends house!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #6
ButlerGirl09
Sugar Magnolia

ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm making/we're having...

Beer Bread
Taco Cheeseball served with homemade tortilla chips
Spinach and Artichoke Dip served with pita
Ball park style pretzels with mustard
Almond Pound Cake with a Caramel Sauce
Fudge Brownies with nuts

along with a few original cocktails! Happy Eating!
ButlerGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Jade38h

Jade38h can now change their title

Here are a few of the ones I plan on making tomorrow :thumbs_up:

Buffalo chicken dip HolleyGirl is right, it is the BEST! My is just about the same
A dip with the taste of Buffalo wings without the bones and mess.

1 bar (8 ounce) Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot*
1 jar (12 ounces) Marie’s Super Bleu Cheese Dressing*
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 pound Chicken, cooked and shredded**

*You can substitute other hot sauce and bleu cheese dressing. These are my personal favorites. I recommend using them, if you can.

**Chicken tenders or chicken breasts, baked in the oven, work well.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Blend together the cream cheese and hot sauce until just about smooth. Stir in the bleu cheese dressing, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese. Add the shredded chicken. Stir until combined. Place the dip in a baking dish. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Stir before serving.

Serve with tortilla chips and/or celery sticks.

Best Spinach Dip Ever

Ingredients

1 cup mayonnaise
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (1.8 ounce) package dry leek soup mix
1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (1 pound) loaf round sourdough bread

**Jade also adds 3 cloves of garlic and one table spoon of dill weed to my personal recipe

Directions

In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dry leek soup mix, water chestnuts and chopped spinach. Chill in the refrigerator 6 hours, or overnight.
Remove top and interior of sourdough bread. Fill with mayonnaise mixture. Tear removed bread chunks into pieces for dipping.

Seven Layer Taco Dip

Ingredients

1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Jade38h

Jade38h can now change their title

And the final product!