Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
coriander
Fudge Nugget.

coriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized rep
Default What are you making?

I tried to see if there was a thread on what people are currently making, or have made recently, or are planning on making, and I couldn't find one!
(If there is, then I am sorry for being a lowly noob )

So! What are you making/baking/cooking right now? What did you make recently? AND, what is on your wishlist of recipes?
...Yes, I do have a recipe wishlist of sorts. Shh!

In any case, I will start things off! I am in the process of making these Cinnamon Raisin Pull-Apart Muffins (sans raisins). Here's a pic from the source (which I had to crop so it would upload, grr):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg muffinscropped.jpg (31.2 KB, 484 views)
coriander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #2
shuefly pie
catty whompus

shuefly pie does more than just post hot picsshuefly pie does more than just post hot picsshuefly pie does more than just post hot pics

It's funny you're making a cinnamon - pull apart- breakfast pastry - type thing, because I am too.

My challenge?

Cinnamon roll deliciousness, sans yeast and gluten.

My first test batch will be out within the next 8 minutes...

*cross fingers*
shuefly pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html

They came out creamy and wonderful. Totally worth the effort to make candy at home.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
coriander
Fudge Nugget.

coriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuefly pie View Post
It's funny you're making a cinnamon - pull apart- breakfast pastry - type thing, because I am too.

My challenge?

*cross fingers*
Ooh, that does sound like a challenge. I hope they turn out well!

As for mine, they came out as a bunch of sugar-crusted turds. I have zero experience making breads, and that's probably why.

Quote:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html

They came out creamy and wonderful. Totally worth the effort to make candy at home.
Hehe, these are totally on my wishlist! I don't have the same recipe, but I think I might try yours instead!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #5
shinyapple
crunchy in milk

shinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticedshinyapple never has a post go unnoticed

shuefly, are you familiar with Gluten Free Girl? Her website has some amazing recipes and tons of info on cooking and baking gluten free. Her husband is also a chef and has altered his way of cooking to her dietary needs. If you haven't seen it, check her out. I heart them.

http://glutenfreegirl.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuefly pie View Post

My challenge?

*cross fingers*
shinyapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
shuefly pie
catty whompus

shuefly pie does more than just post hot picsshuefly pie does more than just post hot picsshuefly pie does more than just post hot pics

Thanks a bunch for that link! I can't wait to see what kind of crazy, kooky, gluten-free trouble I can get into now.
shuefly pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
coriander
Fudge Nugget.

Guess what? I made a pie!
It was for um, a pie party (yeah, I'm not even joking) that my friend was having. I used this recipe for Black Licorice Creme Brulee Tarts. I pretty much butchered the recipe in transforming it into a pie, but those that loved licorice, loved it a LOT.
Here's a pic from the source (because I do like pictures of attractive foods):
Old 02-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm planning on making creamed peas this weekend.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
coriander
Fudge Nugget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
I'm planning on making creamed peas this weekend.
I've never heard of creamed peas! Does it taste anything like split pea soup?
Old 02-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Creamed Peas

Sometimes I'll add some sliced or diced cooked red potato to this dish.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
coriander
Fudge Nugget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Creamed Peas

[IMG]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4877/creamedpeas.jpg[/IMG

Ooh, that looks good!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #12
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

i am making lobster mac and cheese. i used 8 oz rigatoni, 6 oz frozen lobster claw and knuckle meat, 1 cup sharp cheddar. Boiled the mac, made a roux, then a white sauce, put the lobster meat in a bowl, flaked it added 2 tsp lemon juice. put 1/2 cup of sauce over the mac, added the shredded cheddar, a tsp of dry mustard. put the mac in a baking dish topped w the lobster and the rest of the sauce.
baked at 350 for 30 min. Plated w cooked peas, YUM!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #13
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I made Chorizo-Potato-Egg-Cheese (and Cholula) breakfast burritos, and while I didn't get a picture of them, they looked alot like these critters:

Old 02-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

A long time ago, on a board named.. Dimensions.. I posted a picture of Snickers Fudge. I can't find it now, but here is a recipe for Snickers Squares.

I almost posted the recipe on the February Foodee Challenge, but it looks so hard to make, I doubt I'd have the patience (and time) to make it.. But I really want to make it right.. NOW.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 02-19-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #15
coriander
Fudge Nugget.

Quote:
A long time ago, on a board named.. Dimensions.. I posted a picture of Snickers Fudge. I can't find it now, but here is a recipe for Snickers Squares.

I almost posted the recipe on the February Foodee Challenge, but it looks so hard to make, I doubt I'd have the patience (and time) to make it.. But I really want to make it right.. NOW.
That's a cool idea. I checked out the link though, and the name of the site is "The Best Mom on the Block". My first reaction was, "Really? Who the eff are you, lady?" I'm not even a parent and so I really shouldn't feel the need to get defensive, but...I just thought I'd share that little tidbit!

P.S. I am totally sorry if that's your mother's website. LOL. Okay, I'll stop
now.

/derail
Old 02-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #16
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriander View Post
That's a cool idea. I checked out the link though, and the name of the site is "The Best Mom on the Block". My first reaction was, "Really? Who the eff are you, lady?" I'm not even a parent and so I really shouldn't feel the need to get defensive, but...I just thought I'd share that little tidbit!

P.S. I am totally sorry if that's your mother's website. LOL. Okay, I'll stop
now.

/derail
LOL.. no not my Mom.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #17
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Creamed Peas

My mom used to make these. Nummy!

Right now I am frying bacon and have soaked some beans overnight; will make homemade baked beans this afternoon and let them make the house smell good while the storm rages outside.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #18
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hmm those peas look good. Think I will make some pea dumplings today.. Yum
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #19
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Since my local market is having a "Buon Appetito" sale with all things Italian, that is what we will be eating this week.

Tonight it will be Italian sausage with onion and peppers on long rolls.

Tomorrow nite (and hopefully Tuesday with leftovers) is lasagna with a layer of lovingly cooked baby portabellas and onions, with salad on the side.

Wednesday night is make your own pizza. With pre-made pizza crust (hey I'm no saint), mushrooms, onions, pepperoni and shaved parmesan, and of course mootz and sauce.

Thursday will be baked ziti with lots of cheese and sausage on the side. I am guessing that we will include garlic bread because I have discovered my sister's hidden talent (which is incredible garlic bread) and I am sure there will be leftovers for Friday.

And Saturday nite is takeout nite at my house. I am sure that it won't be Italian. So far I am thinking Cuban since we discovered a local place that is just incredible. Or if I win the lottery, Sushi.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #20
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

making mini crustless quiches for the week with bacon, sausage, onion and mushrooms.

Also cooking some smoked sausage to go along with it for the week.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Today I made chicken stock and D A Bunny's Fudge Filled Bars. I'm also poaching salmon to go with tomato and cucumber cous cous for a couple lunches this week. Then I'm sectioning a couple blood oranges to go with a yummy vinaigrette, steamed beets and greens for a salad.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #22
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
Today I made chicken stock and D A Bunny's Fudge Filled Bars. I'm also poaching salmon to go with tomato and cucumber cous cous for a couple lunches this week. Then I'm sectioning a couple blood oranges to go with a yummy vinaigrette, steamed beets and greens for a salad.
First, did you like them? Second, I would eat the whole menu. Love salmon and everything else listed.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #23
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
First, did you like them? Second, I would eat the whole menu. Love salmon and everything else listed.
I loved them! Partly because they're so versatile and mostly because they're yummy.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #24
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
I loved them! Partly because they're so versatile and mostly because they're yummy.
I am glad that you liked them. I don't make them as often because we just inhale them.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:45 AM   #25
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

White choc chip and candy cookies.

I mixed some crushed up clinkers in with the cookie dough. Deliciousness ensued.

Attachment 91284Attachment 91285

Last edited by Aust99; 11-11-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote