Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Gay Marriage close to passing in Maryland

According to the Washington Post, looks like Maryland will be the next state to pass a law allowing gay marriage. This would be the first state south of the Mason-Dixon line to allow gay marriage, but then again, Maryland isn't what you would consider a true southern state.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...=moreheadlines
Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
According to the Washington Post, looks like Maryland will be the next state to pass a law allowing gay marriage. This would be the first state south of the Mason-Dixon line to allow gay marriage, but then again, Maryland isn't what you would consider a true southern state.

I thought gay marriage was already legal in MD. It was for a while though I think. Couple of friends of mine got married there way back in the late 80s/early 90s rumor has it. Naturally I could be wrong. In any event, this is good news!

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:52 AM   #3
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I agree, very good news! It's sad and still kind of shocking to see how many states ban not only gay marriage but unions as well when you see it laid out on a colored map of the US. I hope to see equal rights for all really mean for all in my lifetime.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:02 AM   #4
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in
Smile

This is a clear cut case of Human Rights and discrimination. I live in Scotland, UK and was Civilly Partnered (British term for gay marriage) in 2007 and I was proud that I state my love and legally bind my relationship as many gay couples have NO legal rights to property, possessions if their partner dies but this ceremony gives the EXACT rights as heterosexual marriage and I am so at peace that I have the law behind me should anything happen to my wife and her family contest her will (they wouldnt - they're wonderful!) or try to prevent attendance at a funeral (Heaven forbid!). It goes beyond just saying "I do" this is gaining and securing rights and protection, being seen as an equal and having the full force of the law behind you should anything bad happen.

Equal marriage in the U.S. must become universally legalised. We are all created equal and deserve the choice even if it is to be refused by the individual.

It's Human Rights and Human Choice! xXx
Old 02-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It passed in the senate. Awesome!.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
CurvaceousBBWLover
Primordial

CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CurvaceousBBWLover has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post

The difference between Maryland and the states in the Deep South is that Maryland has a large number of liberal voters, and they outnumber conservative voters 2-1. Nevertheless, Maryland is definitely southern once you get outside of the Baltimore and Washington areas.

Like other southern states, Maryland banned interracial marriages until it was forced to drop the ban when the Supreme Court invalidated miscegenation bans in 1967.