Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
StormChaser68

StormChaser68 can now change their title
Default cravings and food combinations

I find that I have two favorite food combinations:

salty and sweet

and

spicy and sweet

For some reason when Ive ever done spicy food (thai or even mexican) and then wanting/needing to follow that up with something sweet like candy or ice cream. Same thing for salty and sweet, especially kettle korn. I will eat kettle korn till Im physically sick.

strangest combinations for me:

like applesauce on my mashed potatoes

will eat warmed/microwaved peanut butter over my vanilla ice cream

vadalia onion (sliced super then) with peanut butter on white bread

discuss at will....
StormChaser68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have to agree. I love salty then sweet, then salty, etc etc

But I also like them combined, i.e. ice cream with a salty component - like peanut butter (as you said) or nuts or toffee.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chocolate covered pretzel rods--sweet, crunchy and salty.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I like apples with cheese, especially a strong sharp cheese like aged cheddar or swiss.

My former secretary's 6 year old son used to make me gag when he would dip green grapes in yellow mustard.

Salty and sweet is a great combo. I like to eat plain M&Ms and salted peanuts together, kind of like a deconstructed peanut M&M but more salty
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
dudley100

dudley100 can now change their title

I love hot, sweet & sour. If I've got the munchies bad, I spread Tallegio cheese on crackers and top it with jalapeno peppers and home made chilli jam. The sourness of the Tallegio with the spicy chillies is amazing, and then balanced with the sweetness of the chilli jam.
dudley100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:42 AM   #6
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm curious about this...

Vanilla bean ice cream with a salty caramel swirl & fudge covered potato chip clusters
FatAndProud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
StormChaser68

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post

Vanilla bean ice cream with a salty caramel swirl & fudge covered potato chip clusters
potato chips??? I dunno....
Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i used to buy white chocolate covered potato chips at a little confectioners in central Jersey. They were the ridge-y style of chip and thicky dipped in a yummy white chocolate. The combo was phenomenal.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #9
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

For me, it's salty and sour. Can be hot/spicy too, but salty and sour is what really makes me happy.

Whenever I go to the movies and have popcorn, I have to have a dill pickle too. Potato chips and a glass of bloody mary mixer is a good combination as well. Hot wings and fries, or just fries with hot wing sauce can be awesome as well.

Tracy
Old 03-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #10
StormChaser68

pretzels and cream cheese...mmmmmm
Old 03-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I love either salty or spicy. Don't really crave sweet, for some odd reason.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:00 AM   #12
LisaMarie86

LisaMarie86 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post

I have this in my freezer right now cant wait to try it. Maybe tonight will be a fantastic night for that.
LisaMarie86 is offline   Reply With Quote