Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 AM   #26
dudley100

dudley100 can now change their title

Yesterday, I slow cooked some beef skirt with garlic and cayenne pepper in chicken stock. Left it overnight (it will only improve) and tonight I'm making Roast Beef Po Boys. This is me and my wife's favourite sandwich now. I try to be as authentic as possible, French bread, mayonnaise, shredded lettuce and debris gravy.

I love this style of Louisiana/Cajun cooking. We knock up different types of Jambalaya in the deli, a massive seller. Does anyone else have any other recipes from this area/style?
dudley100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #27
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I am planning on making some sugar cookies for my grandma's birthday this weekend. The recipe is from Joy of Cooking.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #28
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm making the Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork.

I had to go to two stores to get chipotle peppers in adobo, but at least the Dr. Pepper was easy to find! I'm going to have it with multigrain tortillas with whole beans, greek yogurt, and salsa. I probably should've gotten some avocado but oh well. I was in a hurry.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:05 PM   #29
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
I'm making the Pioneer Woman's Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork.

I had to go to two stores to get chipotle peppers in adobo, but at least the Dr. Pepper was easy to find! I'm going to have it with multigrain tortillas with whole beans, greek yogurt, and salsa. I probably should've gotten some avocado but oh well. I was in a hurry.
That's an great recipe, great food blog, and anything with Dr. Pepper is doubly great! I'd rep you twice if I could.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #30
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Re: Spicy Dr. Pepper Shredded Pork

I altered the recipe slightly. I poured the Dr. Pepper before adding the peppers, and the pureed 2 cans and covered the roast. Baked six hours in a turkey roasting pan, I've already shredded it, and decided to strain off the big bits and chill the drippings overnight to discard fat later.

I had some of the pulled pork on hard rolls with Texas-style slaw and cottage fries for dinner. I plan to have some later using her pork-wrap suggestion.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #31
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have a big pot of chicken stock to be simmering away on the stove.

I had a whole chicken, so I skinned and trimmed it, removed the breast portions so we could grill them for supper and cut the rest of the body into pieces. I chopped up some onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and spread it on a pan and put the chicken pieces on top, sprinkled it all with poultry seasoning and baked it 'till done. Once it was cool enough to work with, I picked all the meat off the bones and put it into a container in the fridge so that I could have some for soup and some for whatever other recipe we come up with that needs cooked chicken. The bones, baked veggies from the pan, and all the pan juices went into the pot to become stock. That's pretty much my weekly chicken ritual, to get multiple meals from one bird.

Tracy
Old 03-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #32
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That's an great recipe, great food blog, and anything with Dr. Pepper is doubly great! I'd rep you twice if I could.
It was my first foray into Dr. Pepper cooking and it turned out delicious! I foresee many more meals comprising Dr. Pepper, a soda I do not drink but, apparently, cook with! Who knew!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #33
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
It was my first foray into Dr. Pepper cooking and it turned out delicious! I foresee many more meals comprising Dr. Pepper, a soda I do not drink but, apparently, cook with! Who knew!
My dutch oven potatoes recipe also uses Dr. Pepper, that I add last just before baking (using hot coals), producing Dr. Pepper Steam.

I would imagine you would find other bbq, and dessert recipes using the State Beverage of Texas.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #34
Miss Vickie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
My dutch oven potatoes recipe also uses Dr. Pepper, that I add last just before baking (using hot coals), producing Dr. Pepper Steam.

I would imagine you would find other bbq, and dessert recipes using the State Beverage of Texas.
Yummy!!! Funny how I don't like to drink it, but cooking with it? Loverly. And I've never been to Texas!

Tonight we're having leftover pork stuff, along with sauteed onion, cabbage and zucchini in the aforementioned whole wheat tortillas. I felt guilty for not having a vegetable to speak of. I added in some of the Dr. Pepper sauce when cooking the veggies so they have a little pepperage deliciousness on them, too. You know, depth of flavor and all that jazz.

I wonder how barbecue chicken would be with a Dr. Pepper type glaze/sauce.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #35
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce .. you could cheat that way..

or you could make your own like this, for example:

* 2 cups of Dr. Pepper soda, pop, soft drink...whatever you call it.
* 1 cup tomato ketchup
* 1/4 cup chili sauce
* 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
* 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper, to taste

Whisk all ingredients together, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer the Dr. Pepper sauce for 20 to 30 minutes, just until the sauce is slightly thickened.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #36
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board
Smile cherry pie

today I am baking a folded cherry pie with cinnamon nutmeg & brown sugar
Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #37
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchid View Post
today I am baking a folded cherry pie with cinnamon nutmeg & brown sugar
I just watched one of those yesterday on Foodwishes.com on Youtube! I'd never heard of it before.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #38
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've been in the mood for homemade jerky lately. I made a very small experimental batch of buffalo jerky a few days ago that came out really well. Now I've got a fair amount of meat sliced and marinating for a much larger batch of beef jerky.

Tracy
Old 04-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #39
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yesterday I made a double layer very moist choc mint cake with pink cream cheese icing
Old 05-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #40
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I'm a complete blank for this weekend.

What are y'all planning to make this weekend?
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #41
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Made apple crisp for the first time today since I had a bunch of apples and nothing better to do with them. Used the Joy of Cooking recipe. Turned out really well, except I had to use a little bit of milk for the topping to get it to hold together a bit better.

Last edited by EMH1701; 05-08-2011 at 03:23 PM.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #42
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Once a year my mom makes huge amount of beef vegetable soup which is awesome and she gives most of it away. She uses a lot of canned veggies in hers and I wanted to try it with all fresh veggies.

She always uses lots of beef so you should have shredded roast in every bite with the veggies.

I used: LOTS of beef,
Fresh: potatoes, baby carrots, tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, asparagus, spinach, cauliflower, cabbage, mushrooms, red peppers, green peppers, fresh garlic, snow peas, corn fresh off the cob, brussell sprouts.

Canned: 2 cans of V-9 juice, Butter beans, black beans, and peas.

This is the important part....only use Club crackers.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #43
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics
Default scallop casserole

sautee celery, onions, mushrooms and peppers in butter. set aside,
flash boil a pound of New Bedford scallops. drain and pour into a greased glass casserole pan, along with the veggies.
make a roux, then a white sauce with 2 cups milk. pour over the scallops
top with a cup of buttered bread crumbs and a half cup of shredded mozzarella.

cover the pan and bake 30 minutes at 350.

Tasty way to make scallops
Old 05-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #44
ButlerGirl09
Sugar Magnolia

ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm about to make Nutella marbled cupcakes with Nutella cream cheese icing. I'll have to post pictures later!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #45
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Attachment 93682
Vanilla cupcakes with white choc icing
Attachment 93683
Choc chip cupcakes with choc icing
Attachment 93684
Choc chunk fudge brownies.

We are having a morning tea at work tomorrow... YUM!!

Last edited by Aust99; 11-11-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #46
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

some deviled eggs inspired by the artcle over on the food section of
huffington post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/endles..._b_863859.html

Last edited by Orchid; 05-25-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #47
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

I experimented tonight and made Crispy Collard Balls with Vidalia Onion Vinaigrette. There’s no recipe… I made a thick batter with added spices, threw in lots of shredded greens, rolled it into balls with a dash of breadcrumbs, sprinkled on garlic powder, and baked until crispy. The vinaigrette was courtesy of Kraft.

They weren’t half bad, much to my astonishment. And they might even be a worthy Southern appetizer in the hands of someone who actually knows how to cook.

(My mother, however, is still laughing at me for nuking collard greens in a microwave … oh, the sacrilege.)
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #48
ButlerGirl09
Sugar Magnolia

ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just about to take some butterscotch banana walnut bread from the oven. I love baking so much that my dad was afraid I was going to drop out of graduate school this year to open my own bakery! Haha No worries, dad, that'll be my next endeavor after getting my doctorate degree!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #49
Jodi_DJ

Jodi_DJ has said some nice things

Just about to make some chicken fried rice, who's coming over?
Jodi_DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #50
Bettie Bomb

Bettie Bomb can now change their title

Ummm..chicken friend rice... me, me, me.
I have no idea why I'm reading this thread right now.. I haven't had anything to eat yet - and now I'm starving for things I can't have.