Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 10-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #26
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I just started using Bio-Oil this week and if I could swim in it I would because my scars and discoloration are fading before my eyes. It is truly a miracle product.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #27
NJDoll

NJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Wow this Bio Oil sounds pretty good. I will need to try this myself.

OP I find that coco butter is a great help with stretchmarks, I don't know if that's just me; but I was pretty happy with my results when I put it on daily. Also, you might not like to do this, but I will throw out the suggestion. I find that the stretchmarks on my body are least visible when I am tan. I don't use a tanning bed in the winter nor do I have access to beautiful weather during the Winter months. I use a lotion called " Natural Glow" by Jergens. It's a daily moisturizer, that "delivers an amount natural glow." I love it and use it daily and find that my stretchmarks are hidden by the allusion of a tan.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #28
PeanutButterfly

PeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticed

Thanks everyone for all your wonderful suggestions! They're definitely a big help When I have more time to devote to myself, probably over winter break, I think I'll give that Bio Oil stuff a try. I believe its like 13 dollars at Walmart and even if it does nothing for my stretchmarks it still couldn't hurt.
PeanutButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #29
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterfly View Post
Thanks everyone for all your wonderful suggestions! They're definitely a big help When I have more time to devote to myself, probably over winter break, I think I'll give that Bio Oil stuff a try. I believe its like 13 dollars at Walmart and even if it does nothing for my stretchmarks it still couldn't hurt.
If you're able, try to get it from Amazon.com cos you'll save a lot of money.
I paid $25 for a 2 oz. bottle in Rite-Aid and then paid $27 for a 6.7 oz bottle from Amazon. I think the original 2 oz. was only $12.75 on Amazon.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #30
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I suffer from really severe eczema and what I've been using to calm the swelling on that has almost completely eliminated my stretchmarks too. I use aqueous cream and buy sandalwood oil and mix that in. I use it for bathing and for moisturising. Once a week I use another mixture of the cream, the oil and tumeric - a yellow spice - and this (while pungent) works wonders for the eczema and the stretchmarks. This is useful if, like me, you end up allergic to bio oil.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #31
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

The thing about bio-oil is that it doesn't really get rid of the stretchmarks, it just sort of plumps them up so that the striations are less visible and the whole area looks smoother. It also seems to reduce redness. I think it's something you'd basically have to apply every day for the rest of your life (or at least until the stretchmarks fade on their own with time), but it's harmless, inexpensive, and makes your skin soft, so if you can stick with it you may well feel a lot better about accepting yourself, stretchmarks and all.

Very often just seeing even a little improvement is enough to make you feel psychologically so much better.
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:59 PM   #32
PeanutButterfly

PeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticed

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you all an update. My stretchmarks actually faded on their own! Kinda crazy but I'm really happy about it. Maybe it's just my young age and oily skin (I very rarely get dry skin, even in the winter so I guess its good for something) that did the trick but they're almost completely gone. All the redness has faded and the lines have started to fill back in. I've also been at a stable weight, no gaining or losing more than 5 or 6 pounds since I originally started this thread so maybe my skin just needed time to adjust? The ones on my hips are fading too but not as rapidly. Anyway thanks for all your advice! And for anyone struggling with the same issue time was the best healer of all for me.
PeanutButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #33
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

Bio oil stops them looking angry & nourishes the skin, it's good stuff and worked wonders on scars & fading the stretchies a lil on my stomach. I notice if my skin is dry, then the stretchies are more apparent.

In summer I rub down a lot with hemp seed oil after showering which is 2 -4 times a day when it's hot hot. Hemp oil with its essential fatty acids, Omega 6, Omega 3 and GLA is miraculous for soft skin, hair & all cell functions. It's also good to eat it too, works inside yr body & out. All natural, no chems. But there is food grade and cosmetic grade.

http://www.hempco.net.au/shopping/ca...xtcategory=476
Old 03-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #34
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I am not to fond of my stretchmarks. Its been like 4yrs since I've gotten any new ones, then I gain around 5lbs and all of a sudden 4 red marks appear on my stomach, taking over from where the old ones left off. I'm going to try that Bio Oil and see if it helps.

Also are some people or skin types more prone to stretchmarks than others? As an example, I've gotten stretchmarks on my shoulders, although I don't know why, since its not like I am gaining any excessive weight.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #35
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by J34 View Post
I am not to fond of my stretchmarks. Its been like 4yrs since I've gotten any new ones, then I gain around 5lbs and all of a sudden 4 red marks appear on my stomach, taking over from where the old ones left off. I'm going to try that Bio Oil and see if it helps.

Also are some people or skin types more prone to stretchmarks than others? As an example, I've gotten stretchmarks on my shoulders, although I don't know why, since its not like I am gaining any excessive weight.
Some people and some skin types indeed are more prone to stretchmarks--the thinner and/or naturally dryer the skin the more prone you are.

A lot of us have stretchmarks on our shoulders or even upper arms in areas that don't seem stretched. In fact, many thin people have them. They'll fade to silver over time. Bio-Oil and cocoa butter can help. If your skin is very sensitive--try the Bio-Oil in a small spot first because some people upthread have reported reactions.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 03-31-2011, 11:15 PM   #36
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Some people and some skin types indeed are more prone to stretchmarks--the thinner and/or naturally dryer the skin the more prone you are.

A lot of us have stretchmarks on our shoulders or even upper arms in areas that don't seem stretched. In fact, many thin people have them. They'll fade to silver over time. Bio-Oil and cocoa butter can help. If your skin is very sensitive--try the Bio-Oil in a small spot first because some people upthread have reported reactions.
Yea most of my old ones have faded. It does seem that my dry skin is what has increased my propensity for stretchmarks. Thanks for the advice there, I will try it out.