Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Salads that I fix for myself.

Why is it that I hate salads that I make myself? I choke about half of it down and throw the rest away. (The dog ain't interested.)

If the girl friend prepared exactly the same salad or if it came in a restaurant, I'd happily gobble it up and soak up the remaining dressing with a piece of bread.

Very strange. Anyone else have this problem?

- Jim
Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Why is it that I hate salads that I make myself? I choke about half of it down and throw the rest away. (The dog ain't interested.)
- Jim
hmmn. Well, if you see food as more fun when it's something social, then anything shared with someone else might seem better. Sort of like the idea that you can drink coffee at home for a quarter, but it can be nicer to go and meet a friend even if it costs $4.

in terms of salad, chopping is a lot of damned work. I like to eat a big salad and eat them a lot (think Seinfeld Big Salad, where the term means more than just size) but the prep time can be annoying, even if it's less than many other foods! Weird, I agree. Maybe it's b/c we have to wait for shit to dry off. I hate that watched-pot time.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
hmmn. Well, if you see food as more fun when it's something social, then anything shared with someone else might seem better. Sort of like the idea that you can drink coffee at home for a quarter, but it can be nicer to go and meet a friend even if it costs $4.

in terms of salad, chopping is a lot of damned work. I like to eat a big salad and eat them a lot (think Seinfeld Big Salad, where the term means more than just size) but the prep time can be annoying, even if it's less than many other foods! Weird, I agree. Maybe it's b/c we have to wait for shit to dry off. I hate that watched-pot time.
You're probably right. I've tried to fix it early and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours. That helps some.

{thread drift}

That's an awesome photo in your profile. Hope he didn't admister the spanking.

Or whatever. I'm not judgemental .

{/thread drift}

-Jim
Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I believe that putting a salad together requires considerable talent ... which I don't have. Since I like salads, it is a Very Good Thing that my wife has this talent in abundance. The vegetables seem to leap into the bowl for her and arrange themselves according to her will. So I am the cook, but she is the maker of salads. Come to think of it, this is probably why restaurants have salad chefs.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
You're probably right. I've tried to fix it early and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours. That helps some.

{thread drift}

That's an awesome photo in your profile. Hope he didn't admister the spanking.

Or whatever. I'm not judgemental .

{/thread drift}

-Jim
thank you! it was made for me by the lovely substantia jones. no one was spanked during the making of said photo. some people may have been spanked before or after, however.

You know what i find hard about salads? I sometimes have the desire to add 500 calories of fatty shit to them. Mmmm, fatty shit. I generally want them to be just healthy, but who doesn't love creamy dressing and cheese and eggs and bacon and all of that? I do.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
thank you! it was made for me by the lovely substantia jones. no one was spanked during the making of said photo. some people may have been spanked before or after, however.

You know what i find hard about salads? I sometimes have the desire to add 500 calories of fatty shit to them. Mmmm, fatty shit. I generally want them to be just healthy, but who doesn't love creamy dressing and cheese and eggs and bacon and all of that? I do.
Yeah. That's the way I do it too. Start out with lettuce, 'maders, onions, carrots, celery, and olives. Very healthy.

Then comes the boiled eggs, bacon, pepperonis, etc., by the time I'm done, might just have well had a Quarter-pounder with cheese and large 'fries.

- Jim