Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 03-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Rebel
Long Time Member

Rebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot pics
Default Un-Freinding Feedees

I just read a minor rant on another website, this one for Feedees. The rant was initiated by the fact that the writer was "unfriended" on Facebook by a woman who is very well thought of in NAAFA and generally in the Size Acceptance community. You may rightfully ask what was the reason behind the "unfriending"?

The ranter admitted to being a feedee.

That got me thinking, which is almost never a good thing. And I would like to get some feedback from a group of people whose opinions I generally trust (yeah, that would be y'all) before I launch my own rant.

Does the established hierarchy of the SA movement, or at least many of them, really hate feedees? If so, why do they? Is it because if someone intentionally gains weight that it removes the idea that obesity is not something that can be controlled? Is there some importance to maintaining a victim's status when working toward the acceptance of fat people? Or is it just because feedees are the enablers of the widely-hated feeders? Or more likely, is it something I have completely failed to consider?

I post this inquiry here in this forum and the Weight Gain forum because I expect that this is where most of the people who see it will understand my very real confusion in this matter, and not immediately jump to telling me that all of my paranoid conclusions are bombastically wrong. I'd rather hear from people who have experienced this same form of odd prejudice.

Thanks y'all.
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
bobsjers

bobsjers has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
I just read a minor rant on another website, this one for Feedees. The rant was initiated by the fact that the writer was "unfriended" on Facebook by a woman who is very well thought of in NAAFA and generally in the Size Acceptance community. You may rightfully ask what was the reason behind the "unfriending"?

The ranter admitted to being a feedee.

That got me thinking, which is almost never a good thing. And I would like to get some feedback from a group of people whose opinions I generally trust (yeah, that would be y'all) before I launch my own rant.

Does the established hierarchy of the SA movement, or at least many of them, really hate feedees? If so, why do they? Is it because if someone intentionally gains weight that it removes the idea that obesity is not something that can be controlled? Is there some importance to maintaining a victim's status when working toward the acceptance of fat people? Or is it just because feedees are the enablers of the widely-hated feeders? Or more likely, is it something I have completely failed to consider?

I post this inquiry here in this forum and the Weight Gain forum because I expect that this is where most of the people who see it will understand my very real confusion in this matter, and not immediately jump to telling me that all of my paranoid conclusions are bombastically wrong. I'd rather hear from people who have experienced this same form of odd prejudice.

Thanks y'all.
NAAFA is very much anti-feedee. Although many of the members have been into it, or are currently into it. So, it seems to be a don't ask, don't tell situation.

One of the main reason is the media. When it comes to fat people, the media seems more interested in how much someone eats rather than children who are being taken away from their parents by child services because they are fat. So, the feedee thing deflects the purpose and message of NAAFA. It also goes against the theory of size acceptance, that you should accept yourself as you are. Someone who is 200 pounds but would rather be 300 pounds is not much different than someone who is 200 pounds and would rather be 100 pounds.
bobsjers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
Rebel
Long Time Member

Rebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsjers View Post
NAAFA is very much anti-feedee. Although many of the members have been into it, or are currently into it. So, it seems to be a don't ask, don't tell situation.

One of the main reason is the media. When it comes to fat people, the media seems more interested in how much someone eats rather than children who are being taken away from their parents by child services because they are fat. So, the feedee thing deflects the purpose and message of NAAFA. It also goes against the theory of size acceptance, that you should accept yourself as you are. Someone who is 200 pounds but would rather be 300 pounds is not much different than someone who is 200 pounds and would rather be 100 pounds.
Thank you for that very thoughtful answer. You do allow the situation to make a lot more sense. Thank you.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #4
SuperSizedAngie
Hug-Seeking Missile

SuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 club

Something I'd like to point out is that there is a big difference between gainers and feedees.

Not all feedees are gainers. Some people really enjoy the act of being fed, but don't enjoy weight gain. For them, the act of being fed is erotic. Weight gain? Not so much so. I have known a few feedees who engaged in feederism play very infrequently because they didn't want their sexual fetishes to ultimately have much of an impact on their physical, outward appearance. I've known feedees who flat out dislike it when they gain weight.

On the other side of the coin.... Even though most gainers are feedees, not all gainers are feedees. It's possible to want to gain weight and to feel sexually aroused by weight gain, but to not enjoy having others feed you.

I'm just saying that the two don't always go hand-in-hand. I get the impression, however, that a lot of people just automatically lump these two categories together. There is, however, a large distinction between the two fetishes.
SuperSizedAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Rebel
Long Time Member

I find it interesting to note the differences in the replies I received here and on the Weight Gain board. I'm sure it means something important.

Thanks Y'all!