Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-17-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default "Choxie" chocolate from Target. What a disappointment

We were in Target yesterday afternoon, and I passed the big display of their new "Choxie" chocolate line. I bought a few things because it sounded good.

- Assorted truffles: First of all, they're not really "truffles" per se, but squares of flashy patterned candy with a sliver of filling inside. Cinnamon prailine, caffe latte, jasmine tea, lemon rose, pepper/mint, key lime, apple pie, and chili limon. I have tasted cinnamon prailine and key lime. Key lime sucked big time. WAY oversweet. Cinnamon prailine tasted like cheap chocolate with a hint of red-hot flavor. I am not holding out hope for the other flavors.

- Aztec Thin bar: Milk chocolate with ancho chilies, ceylon cinnamon, and topped with roasted cocoa nibs. It tastes like very sweet milk chocolate with a hint of something undefineable and vaguely cinnamony in it. The cacoa nibs have next to no flavor. Not at all what I had hoped for. No heat from the chilies at all.

- Milk Chocolate Caramels: Little balls of caramel covered in milk chocolate inside a cute little tin. Admittedly, I bought these because a friend of mine likes caramel and I thought I might be seeing him later on that evening and it would be nice to share them with him. Didn't get to see him, they're still sealed in my purse. Maybe they'll be good. I mean, it's just caramel and chocolate. Hopefully it will be step up from sugar babies.

I wasn't hoping for much, it being a Target house brand product, but I had hoped for a little better flavor and quality. IMHO, I'll just spend an extra buck or two and go for the import stuff.

Tracy
Tracyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 06:21 AM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks for the review, Tracy! I thought I remembered someone saying these were surprisingly good, and I was having some trouble believing it from the Target commercials (yeah, those commercials don't scream "fine chocolate" do they? LOL)

You've saved me a trip!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 02:10 PM   #3
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Apple pie flavored Choxie truffle is heinous. For the first time in my life, I spit chocolate out of my mouth and into the trash. It tasted like somebody dipped a piece of apple spice air freshener into cheap chocolate chips and then painted Christmas patterns onto it.

Chili limon is not quite so bad, and I actually chewed that one up and swallowed. Now I can't get the lemon Pledge furniture polish aftertaste out of my mouth. This one actually had some pepper heat though. Great...lemon Pledge that _burns_ going down my throat.

Tomorrow, I try jasmine tea and lemon rose. DH can have the pepper/mint and cafe latte.

Tracy
Old 11-18-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts
Apple pie flavored Choxie truffle is heinous. For the first time in my life, I spit chocolate out of my mouth and into the trash. It tasted like somebody dipped a piece of apple spice air freshener into cheap chocolate chips and then painted Christmas patterns onto it.

Chili limon is not quite so bad, and I actually chewed that one up and swallowed. Now I can't get the lemon Pledge furniture polish aftertaste out of my mouth. This one actually had some pepper heat though. Great...lemon Pledge that _burns_ going down my throat.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:34 PM   #5
ChickletsBBW
Mostly a Voyeur :)

ChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this board

thanks for the heads up..
I've seen those commercials so much that they're making me sick lol
now I know it wouldn't be worth trying them
I'm not a HUGE chocolate fan but from what you've said.. I won't waste my time :P
Old 11-19-2005, 09:31 AM   #6
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The commercials are horrible, but the chocolate covered caramel sticks were GOOD. Has anyone else tried them?

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 02:51 PM   #7
Tracyarts

Today's "experiment" was to taste the jasmine tea and lemon rose.

Jasmine tea was horrible. It had this very artificial flavor to it. Not remotely like jasmine tea, not even like chocolate. Just very fake and overly sweet. One tiny bite and the rest went into the garbage. Lemon rose was actually the most pleasant out of the bunch. It actually tasted like chocolate (albeit cheap waxy oversweet chocolate), but chocolate all the same. It had a hint of something to it. Not really rose or lemon, but something.

DH gets the last two. If he spits them out into the garbage then I know they're crap because he's like "Mikey" and will eat anything, especially anything sweet.

I opened the tin of caramel balls. Meh. Not worth the price. Same low grade waxy overly sweet chocolate. The caramel had a very strong burned sugar and artificial butter flavor to it. The best of all the Choxie products I have tasted so far, and that doesn't say much.

Tracy