Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 04-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
youngstud925

youngstud925 can now change their title
Default Swinging

Is anyone here into swinging or that type of lifestyle? Have a few friends that are and was wondering if any of you are into that? How safe is it?
youngstud925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
Artemisia

Artemisia does more than just post hot picsArtemisia does more than just post hot picsArtemisia does more than just post hot pics

I'm polyamorous, and as far as I can tell it's just like other kinds of having sex with multiple partners. Wear protection, get tested before you swap fluids, and make sure everything is above-board and everyone's cool with what everyone else is doing.

Then again, swinging is kind of a subset of polyamory, not one I really practice. I'm more into having relationships (with a sexual component, naturally). But some of my poly friends do it, or have play partners. I hope I'm using the right terminology, I'm not super into the kink scene, though polyamory isn't really kink per se.

I couldn't imagine going back to a monogamous lifestyle. I hated it. it felt so unnatural to me. But I'm in an interesting situation -- my husband is monogamous, I'm poly. So we have an open marriage, he's not interested in having other partners, but is cool if I do. I'm a lucky gal
Artemisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There are a few threads on this if you do a search....

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
gnoom
cencored by wife

gnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot picsgnoom does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstud925 View Post
Is anyone here into swinging...?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstud925 View Post
How safe is it?
It's like riding a young stud: Never ride a crazy horse, always wear an equestrian helmet! A.l.w.a.y.s.!.!.!

Or to put it this way: How safe are you for the girl next to you?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's one of those things that has no up-side. But you only discover that it has no up-side later on, usually when it is too late to repair damage. Prior, you sort of suspect that there cannot be an up-side to it, but you really have to find out for yourselves. Which is really how life is in general. Else, all young people would listen to their elders so they won't make the same mistakes. But that is not how the world works.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
youngstud925

youngstud925 can now change their title

Thanks for your insight. I was just curious what people thought.
youngstud925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #7
tallen1
Member of the human race

tallen1 can now change their title

We have been involved in it since probably 2002, but do it rarely, probably once or twice a year. I think it spices up the sex life, but you have to be very careful. And Im not just talking about STDs.

For example....

We were with one couple who also participated in the 'lifestyle', and the female said that their marriage was almost ruined when she started hanging out privately with a male from another couple that they had frequently 'played' with.

While at Hedonism in Jamaica, where there are many nudists and swingers, I saw the most sad and dejected look on a guy who was at the bar. Apparently another couple and his wife were 'playing' and he was not invited. Ill never forget that look on him.

We also know a couple who have been married over 25 years, are swingers, and have a very strong and loving relationship. I think it takes communication, trust, and above all the respect for your partners feelings (no matter how horny you are).
tallen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
DM321

DM321 has said some nice things

My wife and I do it every now and then, but its with couples who are good friends of ours, and we are very comfortable with them. It is actually two different couples who only swing within the group, and they are long term married couples also. We have enjoyed a lot, all of the women have been fixed, and everyone has been tested and all the guys have been cut.

BUT we don't get into big orgies or anything like that, my wife and I have had a threesome each way, but decided it really wasn't our thing. So our swinging consists of different rooms, different partners, but at the same time. If that made any sense.

Good luck, it is something we enjoy. Be open, say what you feel. Trust your SO. And don't do anything that will make you or your SO uncomfortable.