Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 11-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #76
SoftSarah

SoftSarah has said some nice things
Default hmm

www.bbwpersonalsplus.com isn't too bad... You'll find some creeps but, there are some decent guys! good luck!
SoftSarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #77
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
I actually wish eHarmony *would* reject me, because the reality is none of the guys who sign up for it want a fat girl. All the matches I get on there have those code words in their profiles that basically are less direct ways of saying "no fat chicks." I think y'all know what I mean.
Ah, good to know. I was rejected by eHarmony a few years ago, told I was "too stable" for them to find a match for me. I initially thought that was a good thing because if *I* was "too stable" for eHarmony, I'd hate to see what the rest of their users are like (heh). I later learned that eHarmony often rejects people who don't answer the questions about religion in the way they would prefer, so I figured that was the motive behind my rejection by the site. I was recently reconsidering giving them another try, but if there's no fat girl love on on the site, then what's the point?

Then again, I kind of chalk that up to my location: "Shallow Daters Central," Los Angeles, California. I joined a "free thinkers" dating website a few months ago (read: atheist and humanist website) and, as yet, haven't found any men in the whole of L.A. between the ages of 34 and 47 who are looking to date a fat, atheistic secular humanist like me. Every time I search for matches on the site, the site comes up with no results.

And for those who think I'm kidding about the "Shallow Daters Central" thing, I'll share another example. I've worked at the school where I'm currently employed for 2 years. There's a male teacher at this school, a single, older guy in his 50s, who, according to rumor, has asked out every single female teacher, counselor, coordinator and administrator who works there. I've heard it from at least 4 single women co-workers that they've all been asked out by this guy, usually in their first year working there, as soon as he became aware of their single status. I am, apparently, the exception to this rule. Not that I'd want to be asked out by this creeper of a guy, but I find it interesting that the one fat single woman on campus (there are several fat married women) does not merit his attention. And it's not for lack of awareness. He's met and talked with me at several staff meetings, and he's been present at two parent meetings that I've held, so he's aware of who I am. But in the shallow mindset of this teacher, rating his female co-workers into "hot or not" categories, I apparently fall squarely in the "not" category and have avoided his 'amorous' attentions. ...Which isn't a bad thing when it comes to him. It just sucks that a majority of guys in this city seem to share his mindset.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #78
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftSarah View Post
www.bbwpersonalsplus.com isn't too bad... You'll find some creeps but, there are some decent guys! good luck!
When I was still dating I met a couple of decent ladies on this site too. One total wacko also -- but overall a good site. Good luck all.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:45 AM   #79
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I met my wife through that site, so it can work.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #80
BlackBBW2010
Cultivate your curves :)

BlackBBW2010 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlackBBW2010 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlackBBW2010 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

EHarmony I found to be awful, the people I was supposed to be compatible with all lived too far away, and that guided communication thing is really irritating, I'm an adult, why would I need guided communication?!?
BlackBBW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #81
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

It's kind of a catch-22, because the pay ones don't necessarily have what you want, since some people won't pay for a dating site (like me, for instance). Then on the free sites, since there is no cost, guys use it to act like morons. So it's a tough situation.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #82
NJz_BBW4Some1

NJz_BBW4Some1 can now change their title
Thumbs down

Quote:
I definitely found a creepy guy on there who tried contacting me a few times. I Googled his screenname out of curiosity. He came up on a couple of other sites... as a cross-dresser! That was it with me and bbwpersonalsplus. I canceled my account with the quickness!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:28 AM   #83
NativeBeauty

NativeBeauty can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNativeBeauty can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNativeBeauty can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
I found my boyfriend through that site, it has almost been 4 years and we are still together. So, I guess you can be quite successful... just have to weed out the creeps lol
NativeBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:37 AM   #84
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well I've had it with BBWRomance... just went to look at it after a while of not, and suddenly you need to have the Premium membership to even see title/preview of messages from other members! Like I'm going to bother. FantasyFeeder all the way, baby.
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #85
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

The problem I have with ANY BBW dating site is that most of the members are from the US and the UK. I'm in Frikkin Eastern Canada! lol.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #86
NativeBeauty

NativeBeauty can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNativeBeauty can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNativeBeauty can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
The problem I have with ANY BBW dating site is that most of the members are from the US and the UK. I'm in Frikkin Eastern Canada! lol.
It is true that the majority are from the States or the UK. I know how you feel about the East coast thing, I'm from New Brunswick lol That is why it was so surprising to see someone from my own Province and an FA, snatched him up real quick haha :P Just keep checking in you might find someone in your area who recently signed up Good luck!
NativeBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #87
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Perhaps its time for you, Carla, to start a Canadian dating site, exclusive for your geographic location

Is the population proportionately smaller in Canada, as compared to the US and UK? Perhaps the right amount of people participate in dating sites per capita, as when compared to US and WK figures? Just a thought
Old 11-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #88
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobettiepurple View Post
Perhaps its time for you, Carla, to start a Canadian dating site, exclusive for your geographic location

Is the population proportionately smaller in Canada, as compared to the US and UK? Perhaps the right amount of people participate in dating sites per capita, as when compared to US and WK figures? Just a thought
Lol! That's something I could never do. Not like people haven't tried making them, though.

I don't think it's all that small. We're a pretty huge country. We have over 34 million people within the country, so it's not that small. It's just that people aren't into BBWs and SSBBWs over here as much as they are in other countries. So someone like me is pretty much shit outta luck. Everyone I've heard of who's open about liking BBWs lives out in the Toronto area or further West... I'm at least a 5 hour drive away from there! And I don't drive, so it's not like I could meet anyone halfway, anyways. Ontario is a pretty damn huge province and just looking within mine doesn't work when they live so far, anyways.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #89
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Lol! That's something I could never do. Not like people haven't tried making them, though.

I don't think it's all that small. We're a pretty huge country. We have over 34 million people within the country, so it's not that small. It's just that people aren't into BBWs and SSBBWs over here as much as they are in other countries. So someone like me is pretty much shit outta luck. Everyone I've heard of who's open about liking BBWs lives out in the Toronto area or further West... I'm at least a 5 hour drive away from there! And I don't drive, so it's not like I could meet anyone halfway, anyways. Ontario is a pretty damn huge province and just looking within mine doesn't work when they live so far, anyways.
No, I meant by population, for example the US has 310 million people and a small percentage of those people are into bbw/bhm/fa/ffa etc., and thus would be interested in meeting you. However, even if we take into account Canada's 34 million people and an average percentage of people that also have that same preference, the "small percentage" in america would still seem like a huge population and thus, per capita, the US and Canada may be closer to the same percentage. Perhaps its not that Canada doesn't have them, they will be harder to find than the percentage in the US, because numerically its just a larger value for a larger population.

I completely understand about not having a car . . . All I can say is that whoever you are searching for is worth the wait At least we can all hope so Also, you are totally worth the drive, so don't sweat it doll.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #90
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Yeah we probably do have the same percentage of people into BBWs, but a painfully smaller number of actual people who make up that percentage, lol. It suuuuucks. I'd be all for the long distance thing if I could trust that they wouldn't come all this way just to get some sex. It's happened quite a few times before so that's what makes it iffy to even feel like talking to people from Toronto and stuff... it's harder to trust that they might actually be interested in a relationship compared to sex.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #91
TXgalnAK

TXgalnAK has said some nice things
Default What's the Deal?

Ok so maybe I am the only ol fashioned romantic gal from the throwback years of long ago, but surely there must be others especially FAs out there who are looking for the same thing?

I am a Christian and I know this is a broad label, but I do have some strong values when it comes to dating, sex and respect. Seems like the majority of time when I post a personal add on a secular site as most people would say I get TONS of guys and hits on my profile but when I go to weed out the Guys with fetishes...been there done that...not for me. or the ones that are only wanting to fulfill some sex fantasy and to use you for a sex toy but don't want to been seen in public with you, or the ones who are just wanting a sexual partner that leaves me with little or nothing. Then when I list my add on a Christian site I get the following responses....Wow I love your profile, do you think you could lose some of that weight? or yeah I am a Christian...I go to church on Easter and Christmas...but how bout we hook up for a good time, or then no replies at all.

What's the deal? Are there not any guys out there who are Practicing their Christian faith, share the same values of Not expecting to jump in the sack or roll in the hay on the first meeting? Someone who doesn't judge me and my body while still honoring and respecting Christian values? I think it is hard enough to find a True FA but even Harder to find one that is truly a Christian.

I guess I am just frustrated and I guess moving to Alaska...LOL didn't help in my search... Yeah there are more men up here but most of the ones who want a big woman to keep them warm live way out in the bush...LOL or The others are slim in shape and expect you to be too.

Any one out there encountering the same issue I am having?
TXgalnAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #92
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Red Leg View Post
I dunno. There percentage rating system seems all kinds of screwed up. Its almost like it isn't cross-referenced. I've had women I'm supposedly over 80% compatible with that have in their profiles that I don't meet their age requirements (or other things).
It's true that the OKcupid match system is a bit naff, I consistently get matched with alternative-type girls on there = good, but of course they are almost always thin, cos you have to pay to filter for certain things - including body type.

But there's a search and you can filter by geographical area and keyword e.g. BBW.

I did have one date from OKcupid with a girl from there last year, and although there was no chemistry, we did get on very well personality-wise and had a very nice afternoon wondering around a park in London.

Dating plans then got put on hold for complete upheaval of life / emigration. Now I need to translate my profile into Spanish too!

Last edited by joswitch; 01-19-2011 at 06:47 AM.
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #93
phatpanther18

phatpanther18 has said some nice things
Default i hear ya

iam still looking . i think i am and always be perpetually single . I hate the the city i live in as it is nothing more then an shallow mess theres noone i like here and those i do like won't even look at me once. and thats why i think online dateing goods for me . so like my sister always say dating online no different then in real live you just have to sort out the freaks lol
phatpanther18 is offline   Reply With Quote