Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 06-23-2011, 08:40 PM   #2476
CrazyGuy13

CrazyGuy13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCrazyGuy13 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Recently started playing League of Legends...so far, its fun. Looking more forward to Gears of War 3 in a few months though.
CrazyGuy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #2477
Edens_heel

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FA Punk View Post
I'm playing FF13 right now, I'm enjoying the game but I'm not getting ''into it'' like I did FF12. The story feels kind of weak and I'm just starting to get the feel on the combat system, too simple if you ask me.
Agreed - but 12 is one of the strongest entries in that series. 13's biggest weakness is plot and character, but I'll say this for it: Give it until Chapter 11. Once you hit Pulse shit gets smooth - namely, the combat system's genius comes into play, and the world opens up. It doesn't excuse the prior problems, nor does it save the entry from being the weakest cohesive product since the NES days, but it does get to be a hell of a lot of fun, especially the side missions that become available.
Edens_heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:29 AM   #2478
Edens_heel

Edens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEdens_heel is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnectedsmile View Post
and homebrew never ever lead to piracy ever at any time in the PS3's history.

Damn, you've just reminded me how frigging gorgeous Mercedes from Glee is... only reason to watch IMO.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #2479
elina86

elina86 can now change their title

I just finished playing The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
However, I had decided to go through all the sidequests,
but I felt like it was worth doing.

Like Zelda II, Majora's Mask is a good game in my opinion,
even though both are quite different from the other Zelda games.
elina86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #2480
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elina86 View Post

I give you major props!

I'm a .. long but temporary hiatus from that game, for I swear I could feel my brains scrambling inside of my own head trying to finish the side quests.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #2481
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by elina86 View Post

I believe I took the time to get all the masks. Oni Link being my favorite = P
Old 06-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #2482
louisaml
Princess

louisaml can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslouisaml can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Scooby Doo Night of 1000 Frights, I am a sucker for the Doo Mister
Old 06-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #2483
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm still at Batman AA because Turok nextgen sucks and I'm bored with Crysis 2.

My wishlist
Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #2484
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

lol We just got our second Wii and today Max logged 9.2 hours of game play! Alex loves our old Cars game. I'm waiting for my turn to start up Boom Blox
Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #2485
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
did you dl the new DLC for crysis2?
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #2486
Mathias
SAMCRO

Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mathias has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
did you dl the new DLC for crysis2?
Nope......................

My wishlist
Old 06-25-2011, 12:52 AM   #2487
UnknownSpirit01
King of the ______

UnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized repUnknownSpirit01 has super-sized rep

Looked through my old GameCube games and found Viewtiful Joe.
Started playing...so much fun! It's an insane, colorful, high octane game that's beyond enjoyable! <3
Old 06-25-2011, 05:58 PM   #2488
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

League of Legends. That's it lol

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #2489
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've been playing me some Conker's Bad Fur Day. Good stuff.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #2490
FA Punk

FA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens_heel View Post
Agreed - but 12 is one of the strongest entries in that series. 13's biggest weakness is plot and character, but I'll say this for it: Give it until Chapter 11. Once you hit Pulse shit gets smooth - namely, the combat system's genius comes into play, and the world opens up. It doesn't excuse the prior problems, nor does it save the entry from being the weakest cohesive product since the NES days, but it does get to be a hell of a lot of fun, especially the side missions that become available.
Playing this one reminds me of when I played FF8, I had just gotten done playing FF7 and FF9 and was like ''This is ok but not great''. As for the FF13 characters I'm likeing Sazh but other then him the other ones are kind of weak, like that Hope kid for example, he needs a good bitch slap to the face if you ask me! Please tell he gets better after he gets Alxender? And speaking of summons will they become more handy as the game goes on cause I used Odin on a boss the other night and it didn't help me out at all. I love FF12 but I wasn't a fan of useing the summons in that game because there were so many better ways of dealing damage then useing them IMO, so since FF13 doesn't have limit breaks of any kind I'm hopeing the summons give me the punch and flash I want.

Last edited by FA Punk; 06-25-2011 at 07:40 PM.
FA Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #2491
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

EVE Online, which I enjoyed for several years (but stopped actively playing when the alliance I was in got torn apart by subterfuge and trickery), is currently facing a massive drama bomb which could destroy it altogether. I'm not really sure how I feel about that...
Old 06-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #2492
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

spreadsheeeeeeets

iiinnnnnnnnnnn

spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #2493
Edens_heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FA Punk View Post
Playing this one reminds me of when I played FF8, I had just gotten done playing FF7 and FF9 and was like ''This is ok but not great''. As for the FF13 characters I'm likeing Sazh but other then him the other ones are kind of weak, like that Hope kid for example, he needs a good bitch slap to the face if you ask me! Please tell he gets better after he gets Alxender? And speaking of summons will they become more handy as the game goes on cause I used Odin on a boss the other night and it didn't help me out at all. I love FF12 but I wasn't a fan of useing the summons in that game because there were so many better ways of dealing damage then useing them IMO, so since FF13 doesn't have limit breaks of any kind I'm hopeing the summons give me the punch and flash I want.
I actually don't mind 8 all that much, but didn't care for 7 at all - regardless of what anyone says, it's a poorly translated mess of a story with a villain that is very, very overrated - especially coming at that game after 6 and the badass-ness that was Kefka. Mind you, "destroying the world" plots do little for me. I like Kefka and Vayne from 12 so much because they want to destroy anything, they want to rule with an iron fist - and in Vayne's case, it's not even about the rest of the world - just about warring kingdoms.

The summons in 12 and 13 are never terribly useful, but in 13, I found Fang and Vanille's to be the best. And Hope actually does get good - he confronts his issues head on and does get a little more badass. I know, character growth in a Final Fantasy - it's a rare thing. Honestly though, once you open up more of the Crystarium and unlock most of your abilities and start playing with your own customized party loadouts, the combat moves so fast that you won't WANT to bother with your summons. Without doubt, combat is the best part of that game - and that's the only FF I can say that about. When you get to Chapter 11, take your time and grind, grind, grind, because by the time you get to Chapter 12 you will NEED to be a fucking pro at that combat system.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #2494
FA Punk

FA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edens_heel View Post
I actually don't mind 8 all that much, but didn't care for 7 at all - regardless of what anyone says, it's a poorly translated mess of a story with a villain that is very, very overrated - especially coming at that game after 6 and the badass-ness that was Kefka. Mind you, "destroying the world" plots do little for me. I like Kefka and Vayne from 12 so much because they want to destroy anything, they want to rule with an iron fist - and in Vayne's case, it's not even about the rest of the world - just about warring kingdoms.

The summons in 12 and 13 are never terribly useful, but in 13, I found Fang and Vanille's to be the best. And Hope actually does get good - he confronts his issues head on and does get a little more badass. I know, character growth in a Final Fantasy - it's a rare thing. Honestly though, once you open up more of the Crystarium and unlock most of your abilities and start playing with your own customized party loadouts, the combat moves so fast that you won't WANT to bother with your summons. Without doubt, combat is the best part of that game - and that's the only FF I can say that about. When you get to Chapter 11, take your time and grind, grind, grind, because by the time you get to Chapter 12 you will NEED to be a fucking pro at that combat system.
The reason FF7 gets the rap it gets is because Square Enix has milked it to the point where George Lucas has milked STAR WARS. I think Square Enix should have went ahead and did the remake of game for the PS3 which alot of fans wanted but other then that it should have been left alone. The bottom line is the best FF game for the PSone was 9. Thanks for the info man, it does make me sad that the summons yet again don't have much of a role to play though but I'll figure where I can use them.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #2495
Mathias
SAMCRO

Playing Bioshock 1 and 2 back to back. Forgot how creepy this game is at times.

My wishlist
Old 06-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #2496
willowmoon
Don't Panic!

willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Zelda: Return of the Hylian on the Dreamcast.
willowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #2497
BoomSnap

BoomSnap never has a post go unnoticedBoomSnap never has a post go unnoticedBoomSnap never has a post go unnoticedBoomSnap never has a post go unnoticedBoomSnap never has a post go unnoticedBoomSnap never has a post go unnoticedBoomSnap never has a post go unnoticedBoomSnap never has a post go unnoticed

Pokemon: Platinum

I haven't played since the Gold/Silver days and I'm getting my ass whupped. What the hell Kadabra, you're asleep with like 3 HP and it takes 6 great balls to catch you? WHAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
BoomSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #2498
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Picked up and played through Dungeon Siege 3 (as Katarina). It's short, but the story is good, the graphics are good, and most of all, FINALLY an Obsidian Entertainment game that doesn't crash at random for no apparent reason. In fact, it never crashed on me once the entire time I played it. I almost hate to say that's a good sign, but given OE's history, it's awesome.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #2499
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
Picked up and played through Dungeon Siege 3 (as Katarina). It's short, but the story is good, the graphics are good, and most of all, FINALLY an Obsidian Entertainment game that doesn't crash at random for no apparent reason. In fact, it never crashed on me once the entire time I played it. I almost hate to say that's a good sign, but given OE's history, it's awesome.
i might get that game and witcher 2 sothey both can hold me over till skyrim comes out which i can safely say will be RPG of the year.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 PM   #2500
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Shadow of the Damned. An incredibly silly game from the creators of Killer 7 and Resident Evil 4.

Hint: If you live in an apartment do not play this game with the sound up and the windows open. While playing tonight I suddenly became aware that my neighbors might not appreciate having to listen to some due scream "Taste my big boner!" repeatedly and for over an hour. Pretty sure that they think the quiet guy in 201 has a thing for guns and Mexican gay porn.
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nerds, video game