Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 07-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Pride Parades - Impressions

Every year I go to the Toronto Pride Parade, and every year I cringe at all the visible penises. Does this happen everywhere?

I'm not going to formally complain or anything, because people can do whatever the hell they want, but it just seems to cheapen the message of pride week. You've got tons of kids in the crowd, and then a float goes by featuring a group of oily dudes with their junk out - why create that overly-sexualized impression of gay men?

Imagine if you went to a Christmas parade and Santa had his cock out. Haha...or if you were at the Thanksgiving Day parade and all the balloon characters had giant boners. Or a veterans' parade where they were all wearing crotchless panties.

Aaaaaaanyway....I don't know why they don't just keep the drag, keep the techno, the rainbows, the fun floats...but leave the penises in the pants.

Thoughts?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Not sure why the penes parade always coincides with pride events. I just think a segment of the group likes having their dicks out and seeing dicks out.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Some people like to rock out with their, well, you know, out.

That aside, I'd rather have genitalia stay unseen at almost anything outside of the act of sex or changing clothing. Penii don't bother me, but if it wouldn't be legal for a bunch of straight people to have a penis themed parade, then why do pride participants think it's ok? I personally believe that you can celebrate your sexual orientation, gender identity and all things pride without whipping your junk out or having physical symbols of it all over the place.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
BLUEeyedBanshee
Ministry of Truth

BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

In the Motor City, no bare peens, just a lot of guys in boxer brief or bikinis. Some girls walking around in only caution tape, or a rainbow duct tape ensemble.

Then again the Motor City Pride, JUST returned to Detroit...but even when it was in a suburb, no peens, just underwear everywhere!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEeyedBanshee View Post
In the Motor City, no bare peens, just a lot of guys in boxer brief or bikinis. Some girls walking around in only caution tape, or a rainbow duct tape ensemble.

Then again the Motor City Pride, JUST returned to Detroit...but even when it was in a suburb, no peens, just underwear everywhere!
Wow, you didn't see any? So maybe it's just a Toronto thing - I can't really say, because I've only gone to parades here.

Today at work, some friends and I were comparing parade-penis horror stories. Apparently, some of them were so memorable that we could identify them from crude drawings
Old 07-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
kaylaisamachine
I'm a Little Teapot

kaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions communitykaylaisamachine is a pillar of the Dimensions community

San Francisco's pride, there were naked people everywhere. Nothing on at all, just straight up naked. Some girls had nipple tassels or painted over their nipples. Some men wore the assless chaps with the chains and whips. Some had the ball gags. People went nuts there. And I agree, with your statement about people keeping it in their shirts and pants because kids are around. But then again, maybe pride is something they should wait to go to with children until they are old enough to understand what pride means. Regardless, just because of an event, it shouldn't be allowed if it isn't always allowed.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
slurpeekell12

slurpeekell12 can now change their title

I agree with my friend (whom I attended Pride w/in San Francisco this year) that Pride is a place for people to let their 'freak flag fly' & if that flag includes their penis so be it. Its only once a year & if people bring their kids they should know what they're getting into. I mean I've seen at least 1 penis &/or 1 tit at every Pride parade/event I've ever been to no matter the size of the city or event. I prefer to look away (from the penii) but definitely enjoy the undressed tits
Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #8
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Quote:
Originally Posted by slurpeekell12 View Post
I agree with my friend (whom I attended Pride w/in San Francisco this year) that Pride is a place for people to let their 'freak flag fly' & if that flag includes their penis so be it. Its only once a year & if people bring their kids they should know what they're getting into. I mean I've seen at least 1 penis &/or 1 tit at every Pride parade/event I've ever been to no matter the size of the city or event. I prefer to look away (from the penii) but definitely enjoy the undressed tits
Ok, I see what you're saying. "It's our day, we can do what we want." That makes sense, and just for the record, I'm not too worried about kids seeing genitals, because they're obviously going to see them somewhere else anyway.

The part that I always find confusing though, is why the naked guys want to associate public displays (like the nudity and the grinding and the bdsm) with the cause - GLBTQ rights. I mean, if I was protesting the lack of females appointed to be chairs of various departments in the science faculty at my university and I wanted to make a poster to place around campus, would it make a lot of sense to include a close-up shot of a vagina?