Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 07-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Hundreds of gay and lesbian couples wed in NY

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...rriage_is.html

Quote:
Marriage equality reigned supreme in New York Sunday, as gay and lesbian couples made history by legally exchanging vows for the first time.

Hundreds joyously lined up first thing in the morning at the city clerks' offices in all five boroughs to exercise their newly-gained rights.

When New York legalized gay marriage last month it marked a historic step in a decades-long civil rights battle but for some it was a wait that had lasted much of their lives.

The first couple to wed in the city, Connie Kopelov, 85, and Phyllis Seagal, 77, met 23 years ago at a senior center and had long dreamed of this moment.

"I am breathless," Siegel said after a ceremony at Manhattan's marriage bureau. "The fact that it's happening to us, that we are finally legal and can do this like everyone one else."

"It's mind boggling," she said.
More in the link, but I'm crying for joy for these people. First New York... then the rest of the country!!! I'm so glad they haven't stopped the marriages, and I hope they won't.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I guess they can't get the facts right about who was the first legally married couple, but still absolutely awesome and great that even these little old ladies have done it Sounds morbid, but I think they'll have a happy passing when it comes, knowing they were still alive when gay marriage was legalized for them
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quoted straight from my facebook posting of this article:

Love is love. Hallelujah!
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote