Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Pauline

Pauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticed
Smile Big mama has a sweet tooth!

I really do want to eat healthier for life...but being a compulsive over eater & having a sweet tooth...i sometimes "have" to cheat. I guess thats why i remain 700lbs even though i have tried to lose. So imagine when i get in line and the lady in front of me is a thin gal with all fruits and veggies on the counter and i put my junk up there at my size. Oh well....when i cheat....i cheat good...dont give me no off brands & dont limit my treats! I will have a good night tonight...yum

~Paulee

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sevenhundredpoundclub
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sweet tooth.JPG (29.3 KB, 1509 views)
Old 07-26-2011, 02:10 AM   #2
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed

Just as long as you eat your fruit and veggies, you can still endulge in your sweets. Enjoy yourself.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Kamily

Kamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized rep

I have a sweet tooth too so dont feel bad.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Pauline

Pauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticedPauline never has a post go unnoticed
Smile I feel so foolish sometimes...

I am on here always griping about wanting to be smaller, tired of sore knees and shortness of breath & then i "announce" my bad day and show all the junk im going to eat during that day. I want to kick myself sometimes cuz i contradict the things i say. I swear i DO want to lose & be healthier, but then i DO want the sweets & over eat! The next day...i came back to my senses & cooked healthy on the grill.... steak & fresh squash...it was so good & so easy to make, i was ashamed that i didnt do that the previous day instead of the junk food. Im not lying about this...maybe thats why im 700lbs...sometimes i think i need a shrink!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sevenhundredpoundclub

~Paulee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grilled squash & steak.JPG (27.2 KB, 1202 views)
Old 07-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #5
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've always thought: anyone who says: I probably need therapy: probably needs therapy. And there's nothing with therapy; it's just like talking over problems with a friend, but it's a friend with a degree in personality issues.

From what you've said in other posts, you have a food addiction. That's a really tough thing to deal with but you can't think of yourself as a victim. That kind of thinking leads nowhere, other than guilt-ville. That's a miserable place to be.

You deserve the best life you can make for yourself, and I'll repeat myself: anyone who says: I probably need therapy: probably needs therapy. No shame in that.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Pauline

Truth be told....its possible that all fat people need counseling...ive always heard that "we" have emotional problems or we wouldnt have turned to food and eaten ourselves to this huge size. I did go to a counselor once and told him my whole life story and he sent me away saying "go on a diet & there's nothing wrong with you". I left feeling like i wasnt rescued like i had thought would happen. I WANT to know WHY do i over eat? I want to eat even when im full, and the very moment im not full....im reaching for something to fill me back up. I regret it....everytime....and i talk to myself & throw away the junk ive just bought, only to do it again the next day or very soon after. Its a vicious cycle....a never ending rollercoaster, and i want off! But i dont know how to get off of it...i do have weak moments, but i wont give up. I guess i come on here complaining or bragging about a good or bad day looking for support...i wasnt trying to sound like a nut case...lol. But thanks for always listening...i want to one day announce my success & my happiness, that ive managed to lose enough weight to be self sufficient again...dress myself & drive...that would be so awesome & it hurts to hear that Teighlor, Cindy, Lexi, Connie and so many more have passed....it worries me & causes me to feel like im just another fat girl waiting for my turn to be announced on here. I dread that thought...i dont want to die but im heading in the wrong direction....up past 700 and i HAVE to stop my destructive behavior. Please feel free to add me to your list of prayers...i need strength to overcome this so i can start living and stop exsisting.
~Paulee
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You are absolutely _not_ a nutcase, and the fact that you realize you engage in negative behaviors and you want to change them is a fantastic start. Some people never even make it to that point, Pauline.

I've done some talk-talk-talk therapy and it wasn't too helpful for me (and this was years ago, too. Keep in mind that therapy has come a long way since then, if you tried years ago, too).

What helped me the most was Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It looks at, obviously, behavior and how it's related to the thoughts we think and the messages we get from others as well as the messages we tell ourselves. There are little 'assignments' that range from simply plotting out what we're thinking at any given time, to actually trying little safe experiments related to changing our behavior. It's not supposed to be an endless process (in case you're worried about going weekly for years and years) and the results can be really helpful. It's not always easy, but if you're talking about life and death, it probably shouldn't be easy.

There's not a modern therapist on earth who is ignorant about addiction, and certainly food addiction falls into that. You can find someone who does more than tell you to diet and send you away.

And here's something to consider: I understand exactly why you come to Dims with stories of eating and pictures of food you've bought. People want support and it's human nature to crave validation, especially when we're down on ourselves or trying to turn a negative (addiction) into a positive (admiration from others).

But coming to a Big Is Beautiful site like Dims, where you're going to get very vocal support from people wanting to enjoy thoughts of you gorging, and encouraging you to go from 700 to 750 to 800 to ... might be like walking into a bar if you're an alcoholic. It's a very slippery slope and might be part of the binging cycle you're in. You won't get 'rescued' here at Dims, either, and some of the messages you get may be salt in a wound even if they seem positive.

I can't, and won't, tell you what to do, but do think about the above paragraph a bit. I'm not a pray-er, but you are definitely in my thoughts. No one wants you to be the next woman whose name is listed here (or at least I hope no one does) and please don't feel alone.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
Pauline

Smile

Hey Jes....thanks for your input on things...does make me feel good to hear. I understand and agree with what youre saying for sure, and you are right I think i might also use the communications on here as a small form of therapy too & it helps to get it off my chest...feelings in general. But yeah...thanks

~Paulee
Old 07-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Paulee, I agree about therapy, but also know that one isn't always able to afford it. A therapist I know just told me about this website. She said that it could practically replace her, it's so good. I thought maybe it might help with some of the stuff you're going through.

Also, I sent you a message at your yahoo group about the formatting of your email address...

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 07-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #10
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Paulee, you can also call a local woman's shelter and discuss anything you need to, and very often it's for free, from certified therapists. If you explain your situation, they will often work with you in anyway that is comfortable to your needs. It's worth a shot. You don't have to be abused or abandoned or anything like that to benefit, just someone in need of someone who will listen, and very often, they can offer resources you didn't know existed.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #11
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pauline,

There are many threads on the Health Forum that might be helpful with eating and health issues. Unfortunately this thread has taken a turn which makes it no longer appropriate for the Weight Board.

For that reason we need to close this thread.

SoVerySoft
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Closed Thread