Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 07-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #26
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
This.

(Don't get to rep it though, alas.)

-Rusty
I got her.

Someone once said to me (a writer) that it's a lot easier and more convenient to pay a compliment than a dollar and I know pay-site girls and webmodels who can attest to that. Pics on Dims walls are for free viewing. Love your pic love your pic nice pic nice pic costs nothing. There's a helluva lot more investment in doing a paysite and to point that out is just being honest.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #27
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
this is the laaast place you should probably be asking lol. maybe sit in a room alone yourself and write down what you'd like to get out of it. then quietly contact some totally retired unassociated unaffiliated models and ask them if any of those things ever happened for them. good luck with whatever you decide

most important advice is: do not ask here
Quote:
yeah she can read all the posts from people who generally don't know diddly, even if they are kind hearted, about how it really works or have some active connections that saying the whole truth could conflict with. she just might want to be directed from the generalities that she probaly has already figured out for herself to the particulars that really have an impact.
Don't ask here, there's only models who know how this kind of stuff works.

I like how the only people you consider credible in this discussion are not those who have modeled for a while or who have positive things to say but rather jaded ex-models with horror stories and a trunk of bad memories about it.

Felicia, you've once again proven yourself to be little more than a blight on this community and its members with your implications that nobody here knows what the hell they're talking about, ever.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #28
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Don't ask here, there's only models who know how this kind of stuff works.

I like how the only people you consider credible in this discussion are not those who have modeled for a while or who have positive things to say but rather jaded ex-models with horror stories and a trunk of bad memories about it.

Felicia, you've once again proven yourself to be little more than a blight on this community and its members with your implications that nobody here knows what the hell they're talking about, ever.
its my advice so i gave it. she can take it or leave it.

who said that ex models were jaded or had horror stories? maybe you know something i don't because that has absolutely nothing to do with what i said because i have no way of knowing. then again maybe you know something i don't? if they do have those things to say maybe she should get a chance to review that too? its her life. an ex model could just as easily say she loved it and it was the best thing she's ever done. why are your expectations so
low?

the people here might be great and well intentioned who want to b supportive and have a whole lot of good general opinions but they mostly have absolutely no way of knowing the particulars of modeling when it comes to exact time ,money and exactly what impact they have on fans and fans have on them unless they have done it. and lets face it, no one really trusts too many people who have money in any game they are getting into. it might give her some real peace of mind just knowing the opinions of people who have no balls in it at all.

if someone is an expert on actually being a fat model and they know how it feels, and know everything about the business it would be great for them give her advice. who is stopping them? better yet why should anyone want to?

maybe people need to stop worrying about how other people feel about dims and worry more about why it is that their mind turns toward the worst possible scenarios. and worse yet why they feel compelled to police the opinions of others that might challenge their own.

i doubt any participant here has any authority anywhere to determine exactly who is a blight anywhere.

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-25-2011 at 04:48 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #29
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'd tell you to lick my taint but I doubt that your forked tongue would provide any coverage.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #30
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

woohooo! i'm feeling ultimately destroyed by a childish outburst lol

i see you've been waiting all day to pounce as soon as i posted a response. i hope you enjoyed yourself

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-25-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:49 PM   #31
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Okay, well since I'm one of the people who replied to her urging caution, research, and stating clearly that not everyone should model:

Quote:
the people here might be great and well intentioned who want to b supportive and have a whole lot of good general opinions but they mostly have absolutely no way of knowing the particulars of modeling when it comes to exact time ,money and exactly what impact they have on fans and fans have on them unless they have done it.
Done all that, much more than general opinion, and about 10 years of in front of and behind the scenes experience. Can't really beat that, actually.

Quote:
and lets face it, no one really trusts too many people who have money in any game they are getting into.
I have NO money in this game. If I did and thought she'd make a buttload of cash, I'd have been hitting her up. I did neither.

Quote:
it might give her some real peace of mind just knowing the opinions of people who have no balls in it at all.
Even if someone is out of the job in some way, they still have balls in it. They have feelings on it one way or another, good or bad, and their experience is what speaks to that advice you believe she should have. She did get some of that here, and the simple fact is that you telling her she can't get it here is just bullshit. Invalidating the contributions of myself and others because you find us somehow unworthy of offering this advice is, not surprisingly really, dismissive.

And for your reply coming, that says I must feel very sensitive about all this because you never said a thing about me or what I said or current models, or whatever the twist will be - please spare me.

Most of us are very clear on what your MO is around here, to say without saying, to deny when confronted, to claim that we're all misreading and sensitive, so the issue must be with US for having issue with the way you try take every single issue you comment on and make it some negative "the boogey man is lurking here, so tread lightly, but I can't tell you where or when, but watch out!!" thing.

It's absolutely exhausting. I personally can't take any more of it.

(and to be perfectly clear, for those who freak out about it, I'm speaking as a very long time member of this community, not as a mod - Felicia has done nothing rule breaking here)
Old 07-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #32
superodalisque

thanks for making my argument for me. its great that you know what it is. it must be neat to be psychic but this ain't about me. this is about her and i think she is a grown woman and can decide for herself what thoughts she wants to take or leave.

but she might JUST want to ask herself what there is to get so angry about when it comes to her talking to ex models who no longer have any business attachments?

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-25-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #33
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I really have to wonder if you're reading the same threads we're reading at times, SuperO. She was given plenty of good advice in this thread, why try to invalidate that, or the experiences of those who replied?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #34
superodalisque

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I really have to wonder if you're reading the same threads we're reading at times, SuperO. She was given plenty of good advice in this thread, why try to invalidate that, or the experiences of those who replied?
why not just give her your thoughts and leave it at that. i gave her mine and i haven't changed them.

if you feel personally invalidated because you might be kind and supportive but not an experienced model who is able to give her the kind of info she really needs to decide if she'll be truly happy, well lets say i can't understand that logic. i can't do anything about it either without being a liar.

that is all
Old 07-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #35
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
why not just give her your thoughts and leave it at that. i gave her mine and i haven't changed them.

if you feel personally invalidated because you might be kind and supportive but not an experienced model who is able to give her the kind of info she really needs to decide if she'll be truly happy, well lets say i can't understand that logic.
I don't feel personally invalidated at all, as I hadn't posted in this thread previously. Suggesting that she doesn't ask her questions here at all isn't helpful, it's telling her that you think that your opinion is the only one worth listening to. There are plenty of women here at Dims who HAVE modelled and some of them have shared their experiences, yet you brush them off as being unworthy.

Quote:
i can't do anything about it either without being a liar.
I have no idea what you're on about here.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #36
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think you should! I've got into it recently (in the last 2 months) and I love it! It makes me feel powerful, dominant, worshipped. It's even given me more confidence in reality (not in this world of beautiful big sexy women) and I think it's been a real kicker!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #37
superodalisque

Quote:
I don't feel personally invalidated at all, as I hadn't posted in this thread previously. Suggesting that she doesn't ask her questions here at all isn't helpful, it's telling her that you think that your opinion is the only one worth listening to. There are plenty of women here at Dims who HAVE modelled and some of them have shared their experiences, yet you brush them off as being unworthy.

I have no idea what you're on about here.
then let those who actually feel invalidated speak for themselves?

unworthy isn't my word its yours. you should go back and read what i said if you really WANT to know what that was. your interpretation has absolutely nothing to do with what i said.

i'm not a liar refers to the fact that she asked for thoughts and i told her my real ones because she is making a serious decision about her life and not playing around.

i fail to see what any of this nattering has to do with the choice she has to make. if anyone really cared about her personally they'd stick to the subject. maybe she needs to remember that too. do you have anything at all you'd like to add that could help her in her decision?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #38
penguin
Fnord

Quote:
then let those who actually feel invalidated speak for themselves?
I can speak up where I feel it's necessary. Just like you.

Quote:
unworthy isn't my word its yours. you should go back and read what i said if you really WANT to know what that was. your interpretation has absolutely nothing to do with what i said.
You mean like this?

Quote:
this is the laaast place you should probably be asking lol.
Quote:
most important advice is: do not ask here
Like you, other people can have opinions too, and *gasp* we're allowed to share them. I'm calling you on your bullshit here, because this is something you do a lot.

Quote:
i'm not a liar refers to the fact that she asked for thoughts and i told her my real ones because she is making a serious decision about her life and not playing around.
The implication there, of course, is that others are lying about their thoughts (must be their "fake ones", right?), otherwise why stress that you're telling the truth? We have to assume people are telling the truth when answering questions like this. The other responses were filled with common sense, experience, support and realistic levels of caution. I don't need to feel personally invalidated to think your response invalidated others.

Quote:
i fail to see what any of this nattering has to do with the choice she has to make.
Oh my. Pot, kettle, etc.

Quote:
if anyone really cared about her personally they'd stick to the subject. maybe she needs to remember that too. do you have anything at all you'd like to add that could help her in her decision?
I don't have any experience in modelling, the only pictures of that nature I've posted have been here on dims. I don't know if I could do it professionally, let alone try to make a living out of it. The points the others have raised have all been important and thought provoking and entirely relevant to her query. I know the planning of how often to update, coming up with ideas for new sets, organising a photographer, hair, make up, outfits, editing and selecting the photos, etc., makes it a lot harder than it might seem at first, and that it can't be as easy as smiling at the camera. There's a lot of behind the scenes issues to deal with, plus you need to decide if you're okay with family and friends knowing about it and how they might handle it.

Simply responding "don't ask here" isn't advice at all, it's dismissive.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #39
superodalisque

maybe dismissive to you but you aren't everyone.

let it lie and let the op have her thread back. ty

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-25-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #40
penguin
Fnord

Quote:
maybe dismissive to you but you aren't everyone.
No, I know I'm not everyone. But at least two others have disagreed with you in this thread, so it looks like I'm not the only one thinking it.

Quote:
let it lie and let the op have her thread back. ty
I'll question what I want to question, thank you very much.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #41
superodalisque

Quote:
No, I know I'm not everyone. But at least two others have disagreed with you in this thread, so it looks like I'm not the only one thinking it.

and at least two others have agreed with me. so there you are. so what? people agree with us both people disagree with us both. what do you have for the op besides your personal ego? you need to win at something. okay . you have won. can we move on now?

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-25-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #42
superodalisque

Quote:

me too

and at least two others have agreed with me. so there you are. so what? people agree with us both people disagree with us both. what do you have for the op besides your personal ego? you need to win at something? okay . you have won. can we move on now?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:31 AM   #43
vampirekitten

vampirekitten has super-sized repvampirekitten has super-sized repvampirekitten has super-sized repvampirekitten has super-sized rep

I want to thank everyone who has given advice! It is alot to think about and alot to decide on.. I am confident with how I look and can handle ridicule and different opinions, everyone has them.. Everyone can feel how they want, its me who needs to decide whether I let it get to me or let it brush off my shoulders.. I am not saying that it wouldn't sting slightly to hear negative comments but I'm able to let them go.. I am looking into the other aspects of it and it does still quite intrigue me.. Again thank you for your advice and experiences

I appreciate everyone taking time to help!!
vampirekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #44
MissAshley
Enigma

MissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirekitten View Post
I want to thank everyone who has given advice! It is alot to think about and alot to decide on.. I am confident with how I look and can handle ridicule and different opinions, everyone has them.. Everyone can feel how they want, its me who needs to decide whether I let it get to me or let it brush off my shoulders.. I am not saying that it wouldn't sting slightly to hear negative comments but I'm able to let them go.. I am looking into the other aspects of it and it does still quite intrigue me.. Again thank you for your advice and experiences

I appreciate everyone taking time to help!!
Your confidence is admirable. If you think you can handle the bad with the good and still be happy doing it then I say go for it. Hell you only live once, you might as well take an opportunity that you find desirable rather than having wondered what could have been. Good luck!