Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default The Garden Photo Thread.

I wasn't really sure where to post this, but do any of y'all have gardens?

I've got tomatoes out the butt: Too many to eat or give away. Besides squirrels, there's also a rabbit hanging out in the yard. This is strange since I live in the middle of a city. I'm letting the critters share some of the tomatoes.

This is the first time I've tried to grow okra. I love that shit. If the rabbit messes with my okra, I'll morph into Elmer Fudd.

Also we have banana peppers, bell peppers, Granny Smith apples, chestnuts, eggplants, fennel, Italian parsley, curly parsley, and chives.

Share yours. - Jim

Last edited by smithnwesson; 08-06-2011 at 12:59 PM.
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love the smell of tomatoes and tomato plants in the garden, in the sun. Reminds me so much of my childhood.
Right now, I can't have any kind of garden. Even when I had deck tomatoes and the like, bears would climb onto the deck and drag them off, cages and pots trailing behind them....

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #3
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default not too bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
"...bears would climb onto the deck and drag them off, cages and pots trailing behind them...."
I guess that's better than having to deal with sharks. Or ligers.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

CP -

After much googling, I've found you a recipe that includes both bear AND tomatoes.

Bear Recipe by Jeff Bruenenn

1-2 lb of venison or bear steaks
1 qt of tomato juice
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp celery seed
1 medium onion (diced)

Cook meat until thoroughly cooked in a slow cooker or crock pot.
Drain off fat and add ingredients above.
Let simmer for at least 4 hours.
I recommend serving with mashed potatoes as the gravy is excellent on them. This recipe is simple to prepare and doesn't take a lot of special ingredients. Everyone that I have served venison or bear with this recipe loves it and would swear that it was not wild game.

Go for it!

- Jim
Old 08-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I LOVE wild game and if I ever get some bear and I'd like try it with that. Venison on the other hand, I can go outside with a drycleaning bag and a whiffle ball bat and bag several white-tails that are snoring under my back deck, so there's no challenge there. LOL

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Last edited by CastingPearls; 08-06-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I LOVE wild game and if I ever get some bear and I'd like try it with that. Venison on the other hand, I can go outside with a drycleaning bag and a whiffle ball bat and bag several white-tails that are snoring under my back deck, so there's no challenge there. LOL
Well.... the idea was that you could kill two birds with one stone. . .

I've got a recipe for rabbit gumbo that involves, rabbit, okra, tomatoes, parsley, chives, peppers, etc. Just in case. . .

Rabbit Stew

-Jim
Old 08-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Well.... the idea was that you could kill two birds with one stone. . .

I've got a recipe for rabbit gumbo that involves, rabbit, okra, tomatoes, parsley, chives, peppers, etc. Just in case. . .

Rabbit Stew

-Jim
Rabbit is easy. The squirrels here are as big as puppies and feed soley on acorns. Whatcha got for me?

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me