Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-20-2011, 12:19 PM   #51
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Jackie and I went to a dilapidated old diner in the tiny town of Moulton today for breakfast. The interior was lacking in ambiance, to say the least. Most of the customers smoked. The staff were all middle aged to old women who called everyone "hon" and "darlin." It didn't look like much from the outside and the inside was no better.

The food, however... oh, God, the food. Best damn non-home cooked breakfast I've had in ages. I had scrambled eggs and bacon with toast. Jackie had scrambled eggs with bacon and biscuits with grits. The biscuits were clearly hand made, and fantastic (I had a bite of hers). I should have gotten the biscuits instead of the toast. Next time, I will! The both of us got properly stuffed, and only spent a total of $8.50 doing it.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #52
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Jackie and I went to a dilapidated old diner in the tiny town of Moulton today for breakfast. The interior was lacking in ambiance, to say the least. Most of the customers smoked. The staff were all middle aged to old women who called everyone "hon" and "darlin." It didn't look like much from the outside and the inside was no better.

The food, however... oh, God, the food. Best damn non-home cooked breakfast I've had in ages. I had scrambled eggs and bacon with toast. Jackie had scrambled eggs with bacon and biscuits with grits. The biscuits were clearly hand made, and fantastic (I had a bite of hers). I should have gotten the biscuits instead of the toast. Next time, I will! The both of us got properly stuffed, and only spent a total of $8.50 doing it.
Is this one of the coveted "Dives" from the phrase "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives"? Heres to a great find!
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #53
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte View Post
Only if you get me a lifetime supply of gourmet almond butters.
That's a deal!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #54
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I promised the boys i'd make blueberry-banana pancakes for breakfast. It'll be more like brunch since i fully intend on sleeping in!
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #55
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Platter of fresh fruits, amazing yogurt muesli with dried fruit, nuts and seeds, scrambled eggs and bacon, buttery croissant with orange marmalade and one of the best cappucinos I have ever had! I feel like I have eaten enough for a day, hehe.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #56
coriander
Fudge Nugget.

coriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized repcoriander has super-sized rep

Found out this morning that cinnamon tastes AWESOME on plain cereal! Makes me want to eat cereal way more often. I'm having it tomorrow, for sure.
coriander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #57
Sweetie
Where is the Love?

Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Just finished rye toast with lots of butter, was the followup to a Cup Noodles, with a 32 oz cup of coffee. One of those things will hopefully give me a kick of energy so I'll get up out of my recliner that doesn't recline and out of my house today. We shall see.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #58
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had a Frisco ham and cheese from Hardees, large tater rounds, and orange juice. For brunch? Um, I'm seriously thinking about an Irish breakfast....minus pudding, extra tomatoes.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #59
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In addition to the blueberry pancakes i chopped up a super sweet, juicy pineapple. SOOO good!!
Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #60
Latte

Latte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLatte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLatte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

7 grain almond pancakes and 3 cups of coffee. This must be what a hummingbird feels like.
Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:43 AM   #61
Orchid

Orchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this boardOrchid carries a lot of weight on this board

lemon tea with honey
toast with butter and apricot preserves
Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #62
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

I think some fried eggs and toast!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #63
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

German-style pancakes with maple sausage links
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #64
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Found a box of IHOP caramel apple stuffed French toast in the freezer. Cool whip. check. extra caramel sauce.check. cinnamon.check. Bacon. Pre-cooked will do.

It's only 1 AM, crap I have six hours till breakfast
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #65
Jodi_DJ

Jodi_DJ has said some nice things

Can't decide whether to have current traditional weetabix in the morning or to make a bit more effort and have a full cooked breakfast. Well, it is Sunday I suppose, good excuse right?
Jodi_DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 AM   #66
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Woke up early due to insomnia so am making a big breakfast this morning.

Hashbrowns with cheese and bacon.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #67
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Got up very late because I didn't sleep well so I'm having Polish bacon (boccek) and tomato on Polish rye with a hot mug of cinnamon hazelnut coffee.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #68
ThikJerseyChik
Sweet & Salty ;)

ThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThikJerseyChik is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriander View Post
Found out this morning that cinnamon tastes AWESOME on plain cereal! Makes me want to eat cereal way more often. I'm having it tomorrow, for sure.
Been eating my cereal like that for years!

No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed :cool:

Well behaved women rarely make history
;)

If you keep doing what you've always done,
you'll keep getting what you've always gotten!
:bow:
ThikJerseyChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #69
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

this morning I fried some eggs..added a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on top...and let the cheese melt..was good!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #70
fat9276
~more jiggles than jello~

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fried eggs and coffee!!! Ohhhh how I love coffee good strong coffee!!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #71
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cup of Greek yogurt (plain--tart!) with about half a cup of champagne grapes mixed in. They're my new favorite thing--so cute! I love cute food.

It's a very satisfying and delicious breakfast b/c greek yogurt has so much protein. I know it's pricey, but there are coupons and sales and it's double the amount of yogurt for not all that much more than a 99c Dannon. I'm sold!

And homemade iced coffee.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #72
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
It's a very satisfying and delicious breakfast b/c greek yogurt has so much protein. I know it's pricey, but there are coupons and sales and it's double the amount of yogurt for not all that much more than a 99c Dannon. I'm sold!

And homemade iced coffee.
Greek yogurt is to Dannon what a Rolls-Royce is to a skateboard. I just discovered that the Fage (Greek for 'Eat!') yogurt company is making individual cups of Greek yogurt with a side serving (in a wee attached cup) of honey or jam (including cherry and a mango/guayabana combo). Wonderful stuff! Not to mention cute, in its own way.

I'm also delighted to find somebody else besides me who likes homemade iced coffee.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #73
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Greek yogurt is to Dannon what a Rolls-Royce is to a skateboard.
That is so true. I can't imagine ever eating Yoplait or Dannon again. Although I do add honey and vanilla or almond extract, along with whatever I'm mixing in.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #74
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Chobani dumped over some Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. Surprisingly tasty.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #75
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Greek yogurt is to Dannon what a Rolls-Royce is to a skateboard. I just discovered that the Fage (Greek for 'Eat!') yogurt company is making individual cups of Greek yogurt with a side serving (in a wee attached cup) of honey or jam (including cherry and a mango/guayabana combo). Wonderful stuff! Not to mention cute, in its own way.

:
Yeah, they're cute. With honey is my favorite b/c it just amps up the creamy smoothness of the yogurt. Honestly some of the best stuff I've ever had.

I'm quite the connoisseur of greek yogurt, and I finally had the Dannon (which is going to be changing names to Oikos soon) and I have to say I was very impressed. It's very, very good in a pool of good things.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote