Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #26
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For me, it really depends on the pizza place.

For one at home in Oklahoma, I like beef, sausage, onions, extra mushrooms and cheese on thin crust.

For a buffet chain here, I like their Buffalo Chicken pizza.

For our favorite pizza, at a local place here in Dallas, we get meatballs, sausage and pepperoni. The meatballs are sliced thin and they use all fresh ingredients. OMG..so good.

I've also been known to eat a black olive pizza with no sauce...yumm-o.

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #27
TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized rep

I love to add pickled banana peppers to my pizza for a little extra zing. When I'm feeling "upscale", I love pizza with goat cheese, spinach, and roasted red peppers. My favorite "weird" variety is a pizza with roasted red pepper hummus as the sauce, topped with mozzarella, grilled eggplant, feta, and a little roasted red pepper oil drizzled over the top. Heavenly.
TexasTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #28
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It does depend a lot on where I'm getting the pizza from. For a NY style super thin crust pizza you cannot beat the classic Margherita pie.... sauce, chopped garlic, sliced fresh tomatoes, fresh basil leaves and slices of actual home made mozzarella cheese, not that processed stuff that comes on all the other kinds of pizza. When every ingredient is right, it is absolute perfection...I am transported in my mind to Naples with every bite. Thankfully our local pizzaria makes an awesome one.

If I'm eating at a more regular, chain type pizza place (which is rare since I moved to New York) I do love a Hawaiian pizza once in awhile. Mushroom is always good too.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #29
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idontspeakespn View Post
*Shudders*

BBQ sauce with pepperoni and like meats...you know that's a UK thing, right? We don't do that in the States, unless you specifically request it...and no one would request it.
Try going to the Univ. of Illinois---we were all about Grog's pizza, with bbq sauce.

I can't lie--it sounds terrible now. Maybe it sounded terrible then, too, I don't know. I just know a small was $6 delivered 'til 1 am (I think) and my dorm mates and I went througha fuckload of them.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #30
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Try going to the Univ. of Illinois---we were all about Grog's pizza, with bbq sauce.

I can't lie--it sounds terrible now. Maybe it sounded terrible then, too, I don't know. I just know a small was $6 delivered 'til 1 am (I think) and my dorm mates and I went througha fuckload of them.
If your college days were like my college days ... once you'd had enough beer anything tasted good.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #31
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well I have tried Japanese pizzas and while it is interesting, for the most part I'd rather sink my teeth into more traditional toppings though I've learned that my favourites are rarely found outside Scandinavia. My favourite by far is the kebab pizza with cheese, fresh salad - finely chopped lettuce, tomato chunks, onions and creamy dressing. I am also partial to Hawaiian pizza with thinly sliced bananas and pesto pizza with sliced chicken, broccoli and mushrooms.

I'd quite happily take the usual pepperoni, meat feast or four cheese pizza though. And I looove stuffed crusts and Domino's garlic dip!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #32
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Reading this thread, I have to confess I'm getting a lot of good ideas to try something new.

My usual fave is deep dish with a thin crust and lots of marinara, followed by at least a pound of each of the following:

thick sliced bacon, crumbled
italian sausage, browned and drained
pepperoni
ham

I drizzle a little more marinara and sprinkle banana peppers and black olives; a light layer of mozzarella and finished with fresh handsliced mushrooms. The finished product is pretty heavy compared to pizzeria fare since I make this in a 17in pizza pan.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #33
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Simple: extra cheese and onion!

Sometimes the meat ones are ...too much meat. And if the meat quality is poor, I end up picking more off than eating it, which is a waste of money to me.

Never: mushrooms, black olives, fish of any kind.

I honestly think pizza is one of the most perfect food there is. Carbs and dairy!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #34
Linda
Just Chillaxin.

Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We had pizza again last night. It is our Friday tradition.
There were anchovies all over the place!!!
Heavenly. I have been craving those little fih for two weeks.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #35
GentleSavage
I don't bite too much...

GentleSavage has super-sized repGentleSavage has super-sized repGentleSavage has super-sized repGentleSavage has super-sized rep

My favorite is chicken, feta cheese, and spinach if other people in the group are open to it. Although I kind of like basil on mine personally, but the pizza places around me don't have that as an option.
GentleSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #36
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrouble View Post
I love to add pickled banana peppers to my pizza for a little extra zing. When I'm feeling "upscale", I love pizza with goat cheese, spinach, and roasted red peppers. My favorite "weird" variety is a pizza with roasted red pepper hummus as the sauce, topped with mozzarella, grilled eggplant, feta, and a little roasted red pepper oil drizzled over the top. Heavenly.
Great toppings! The one with hummus, eggplant, feta, etc., sounds fabulous.

The best pizza that I've eaten this year had a pick-your-own combination of tempeh, avocado slices, caramelized onions, and jalapenos. Other favorites are Chinese-veggie pizzas and, occasionally, Alfredo-based shrimp-scallop pizzas. The one simple variety that knocks me out is Nancy's "Nana's Special" Chicago deep dish, which features just spinach and mushrooms. (Usually, my motto is "the weirder the better.")
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #37
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hamburger and jalapeņo

Or

Pineapple, ham, red peppers, and onion
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #38
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

OMG Grogs is so horrible.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #39
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The other day I was in the supermarket where they have a new gourmet deli and I guess I was looking a little faint because the people I was with made me sit and bought me some pizza. It had grilled chicken breast and bacon and had a white creamy garlic sauce rather than tomato sauce. The crust was pinched like a pie crust and it was the most delicious pizza I think I ever had, outside of the Neapolitan pizza from my hometown. So I asked for it again the other day because I was told they make it all the time and they said, no that was just a special. I'm happy I had it but sad I might never taste it again.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #40
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
OMG Grogs is so horrible.
This must be a more recent pizza restaurant. I don't remember Grog's from when I was at U of I. To me, the worst pizza in the world is from a wildly popular Chicago-area south-suburban chain called Aurelio's. It has a sweet sauce that is just horrible, and it's always so greasy I have to dab it with napkins to soak up the oil. It doesn't matter which location I've gotten it from, it always sucks. And yet, people are ridiculously loyal to the place. When my east-coast-dwelling cousins come home, the first place they go is Aurelio's in Homewood.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #41
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
To me, the worst pizza in the world is from a wildly popular Chicago-area south-suburban chain called Aurelio's. .
I've heard of it but can't recall if i've had it. Pizza wasn't big with us growing up--families didn't go out to eat or order in much back then. It was a money thing. Now, more intact families have double breadwinners and less family time so buying food on the fly is more popular.

Anyway, the pizza you describe makes me think of this pizza where I volunteer. Planned Parenthood has monthly volunteer nights and they serve pizza and soda.

And while I love pizza, any kind, this stuff is so greasy that it sends me to the bathroom some nights. So like, I'll be chatting and writing a letter to the editor and then BOOM--mad dash to the terlets.

oy.

(ps: i started u of i in 88 and was there 'til i finished my MS degree in 94--but I'd stopped eating Grogs by then. )
Old 09-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #42
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

You had access to the likes of Garcia's and Papa Del's... and you went to GROG'S? You must have been drunk a lot.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #43
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
You had access to the likes of Garcia's and Papa Del's... and you went to GROG'S? You must have been drunk a lot.
You couldn't get either of those at your door at 1 am on a weeknight, as I recall!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #44
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Basil, meatball, ricotta, roasted red peppers and onions. Of course now that I have moved I can not find a local pizza place with all of these options.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #45
s!gma

s!gma can now change their title

Anchovies anyone?

I used to hate them, now I will step over a crying baby for a can.

Love the salty taste, with Banana peppers or Jalapenos, my Salt and Pepper Pizza. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
s!gma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #46
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!gma View Post
Anchovies anyone?

I used to hate them, now I will step over a crying baby for a can.

Love the salty taste, with Banana peppers or Jalapenos, my Salt and Pepper Pizza. mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I won't eat them on pizza, but I'll eat them out of the can if they're packed in olive oil, with a nice chunk of good Italian bread.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #47
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I won't eat them on pizza, but I'll eat them out of the can if they're packed in olive oil, with a nice chunk of good Italian bread.
I'm okay with them on pizza but this is still the best! Craving some right now!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #48
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
*frownie face*
Old 09-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #49
s!gma

s!gma can now change their title

Quote:
I can respect that. I loooove anchove-bread
s!gma is offline   Reply With Quote