Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Shrimp and Grits

This should probably have gone into the 'What Are You Eating right now?' thread, but it is so awesome that I thought it deserved top billing.

Note to ya'll non-southerners: If you've never tried this dish, then you should do so ASAP.

I basically followed Paula Deen's recipe. (Never trust a skinny cook -- excluding Giada, of course.):

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...HthkEVAC6ijhrA

- Jim

Last edited by smithnwesson; 09-14-2011 at 01:27 PM.
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Moongirl75

Moongirl75 can now change their title

Looks incredible, I am going to have to try this one.
Moongirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If I wasn't so lazy I would make this right now.
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda View Post
If I wasn't so lazy I would make this right now.
It's quick and easy.

Paula may have been a little on the low side with the 30min preparation time -- it's more like 45min if you use real grits (and don't even think about using instant grits ).

Try it; you'll love it! This dish is one of the high points of Southern USA cuisine, IMHO.

- Jim
Old 09-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

One of the comments said to use chicken broth and cream rather than water when making the grits and to skip the cheese, which is probably what I'd do too. This is definitely on my to-do list. Thanks.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

That should work; I'll give it a try the next time I fix it (which will be very soon).

One on the other commenters suggested putting a fried egg on top and serving it for breakfast. I'm trying to establish contact with her: This could be the foundation of a very serious and long-term relationship. . .

- Jim
Old 09-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Moongirl75

Moongirl75 can now change their title

Turned out delicious. The whole family enjoyed it.

Last edited by Moongirl75; 09-16-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Forgot the photo!
Moongirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote