Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
annabellethecat

annabellethecat can now change their title
Default The Short Order Cook

I found a really neat gadget at Goodwill today called the Short Order Cook. It makes omelets, mini pies, and pocket pizzas. I just made a pocket pizza with Pillsbury pizza dough, spaghetti sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. It turned out yummy and way better than a Hot Pocket. I'm going to make a chocolate pudding pie later.
annabellethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Please send me a chocolate one. Sounds good. I love the bbq beef hot pockets...yum
Old 09-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
annabellethecat

BBQ beef in puff pastry, sounds yummy. Thank you for the idea
Old 09-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A quick online search, found a Short Order Cook on Ebay, broken but functional for $22.

The Short Order Cook was made by Salton, Inc.
Quote:
Salton, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of small electronics, principally for the kitchen. It has a roster of strong selling items, including the George Foreman Grill, the Juiceman juice extractor, and the Breadman bread machine. It markets appliances under a variety of other well-known brand names such as Toastmaster, White Westinghouse, Farberware, Block China, and its own Salton line. The company sells its goods both in department stores and in mass market outlets such as Kmart. It also has had key success selling appliances through television infomercials: half-hour programs that demonstrate a product, usually with a celebrity spokesperson. The company has kept abreast of changing tastes by bringing out new products quickly, catching fads and then moving on to the next. Salton experienced enormous growth in the 1990s, with sales growing at over 60 percent annually between 1996 and 1999. Company headquarters are in suburban Chicago, but almost all its manufacturing is contracted in Asia.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-15-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: eta: just some curious information..
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
Jess87
Man-Bat Groupie

Jess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this board

Is it like the GT Express?

I've seen that infomercial an embarrassing number of times.

It sounds like a promising purchase. If you end up using it to make corn dogs, please update how that went. That was the best part of the infomercial.
Jess87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:59 PM   #6
annabellethecat

Yes, it does look pretty similar to that appliance, same basic concept. I would like to see the infomercial. It would give me more ideas. Mine came with a very short recipe booklet of mostly omelets and a few pie recipes. I only paid eight dollars for mine and it was new. It seems I got a good deal. I have seen similar stuff at Kohls like a cupcake maker, doughnut maker, and a whoopie pie maker that looks like the same brand.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Jess87
Man-Bat Groupie

Jess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this boardJess87 carries a lot of weight on this board

I can't find the one I'm used to. It's an older one, but here is one for a newer model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaAMl...eature=related
Jess87 is offline   Reply With Quote