Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Cream of Wheat addiction

Does anyone have strong cravings for eating Cream of Wheat? Forget grits, cream of wheat is where it's at! Every time I pass by a Malt O Meal Wheat Box or Cream of Wheat my mouth waters. I love the thickness yet smooth texture of this food. My mouth is watering already and I just ate some in the morning.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I used to lose my shit for that stuff. I had good memories of it as a child, and then bought a few boxes when I was a bit older. I'd cook it nice and thick (double portion, natch) and then let it cool substantially (I can't eat anything burning hot and I think of most things as burning hot). Once it cooled a bit, I'd eat it and it'd be so thick it was almost spoonable. I love how mild and creamy and almost like nothing it tasted.

I should get a box! Thanks, HF!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
I used to lose my shit for that stuff. I had good memories of it as a child, and then bought a few boxes when I was a bit older. I'd cook it nice and thick (double portion, natch) and then let it cool substantially (I can't eat anything burning hot and I think of most things as burning hot). Once it cooled a bit, I'd eat it and it'd be so thick it was almost spoonable. I love how mild and creamy and almost like nothing it tasted.

I should get a box! Thanks, HF!

Yeah and it has to be cooked just right. It's a little tricky to get that perfect smooth texture. Sometimes it comes out too thin or too gloppy. I never use the microwave to cook it; I use the stove top.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love Cream of Wheat! I love it many different ways. SOmetime I like it runny. Sometimes I like it thick and sometimes I like it lumpy. Just depends on my mood. I have to have buttered toast and milk to go with it though.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So weird that you started this thread because I was just thinking that I haven't had Cream of Wheat in a while and should really make some. I eat mine with sugar, way too much sugar! Sometimes I'll sprinkle some Wheat Germ on it. My dad used to do that when he ate it and it gives it a kind of crunchy topping. Plus, it makes me feel like it's at least a little bit healthier. lol
I make the 'quick' Cream of Wheat that only takes about 2 minutes or so to make. I've tried the instant ones that come in little packets like oatmeal, they're ok but I'm not crazy about them. I thought they were kind of 'gritty'.
I always like to eat mine hot so I start at the outer edge and eat my way in. Someone taught me that when I was a kid and I never forgot it.
When I was a kid we used to call it 'cook cereal'. I'm not sure how it started or even why. Is it because you had to cook it or because of the guy on the Cream of Wheat box and we thought he looked like a cook who would make the cereal? I have no idea.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #6
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah, I love that too. I like it with a lotta lumps. Lumps = good.

[Quick Joke]

Did you hear that Buckwheat (from the Little Rascals) has converted to the Muslim faith?

He changed his name to Kareem O Wheat.

[/Quick Joke]

- Jim

Last edited by smithnwesson; 10-08-2011 at 08:33 AM.
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love it and can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I like the lumps, if there are any. I eat it with lots of butter, a bit of sugar, and lots of cream.

I've recently been diagnosed with an ulcer and am temporarily living with my dad and gran (she calls it 'hot cereal') and they're scrambling to get me to eat ANYTHING and they're only too happy when I say, Cream of Wheat? lol

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

I love the stuff. Cream of wheat and farina. My favs. yummmy
Old 10-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Malto-Meal girl here. Like it kinda thick with a few lumps, with just a bit of milk poured in it with butter and brown sugar and i crumble up a couple of pieces of bacon in it and enjoy it with toast.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #10
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
Malto-Meal girl here. Like it kinda thick with a few lumps, with just a bit of milk poured in it with butter and brown sugar and i crumble up a couple of pieces of bacon in it and enjoy it with toast.
Holy shit! That puts Robert Frost and Shakespeare to shame.

We're two peas in a pod. We were meant to be together.

Will you marry me?
Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Holy shit! That puts Robert Frost and Shakespeare to shame.

We're two peas in a pod. We were meant to be together.

Will you marry me?
Can I use bacon as my bouquet?
Old 10-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #12
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
Can I use bacon as my bouquet?
Sure, I'm good with that. Something like this?

Just as long as I get to consummate the nuptials.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
cinnamitch
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
Sure, I'm good with that. Something like this?

Just as long as I get to consummate the nuptials.
Aww you sweet talker you..
Old 10-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Thanks to this thread, a box of cream of wheat found itself in my shopping cart today. The twins and I are having it for breakfast in the morning with butter, sugar, and milk.. like my Grandma used to make for me. <3
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love cream of wheat, but only the flavored kind. The maple... OMG. But I can't find the flavors locally anywhere anymore! Blah.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Cream of Wheat is a staple in our pantry. I don't care much for it (I'm an oatmeal man), but Jackie is a fiend for it. She uses a pat of butter, a splash of milk, with salt and pepper to flavor it. My sister is coo-coo for Coco Wheat.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #17
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wait---coco wheat? maple wheat? what is this stuff you people speak of? I've never had anything but plain old same old and I love it. I can't even imagine how much I'd like those. Are there other flavors out there too?

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 10-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #18
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

http://www.bgfoods.com/creamofwheat/cow_products.asp

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
Old 10-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #19
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
Cinnabon Cinnabon THEY HAVE Cinnabon flavor???!!!!!!!

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 10-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #20
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Cinnabon Cinnabon THEY HAVE Cinnabon flavor???!!!!!!!
Never had it but I want to try it! Looks like the only store around here that has it is Food Lion, which I never go to. Guess I will to find it!

Old 10-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
Never had it but I want to try it! Looks like the only store around here that has it is Food Lion, which I never go to. Guess I will to find it!
Amazon has it. Just sayin'.....

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 PM   #22
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

Yeah, but the price! :-O

Old 10-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #23
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Wait---coco wheat? maple wheat? what is this stuff you people speak of? I've never had anything but plain old same old and I love it. I can't even imagine how much I'd like those. Are there other flavors out there too?
Coco wheat: http://www.littlecrowfoods.com/products/cocowheats/
Old 10-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #24
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Only ever bought plain.. served with milk, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.