Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 08-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Street Food Pics!

Okay...so, I love street food. When I travel, either out of state or abroad, or even in my own city, I often love eating the street food way more than the fancy restaurants.

I remembered how true this was today when I got my lunch from a couple of street vendors. (Okay, to be totally forthright, the fruit was from a vendor on the street, but the tamale was from the trunk of a guy's car in the dollar store parking lot. I'm classy like that.)

This fruit is really popular out here in L.A. - it's a bunch of different fruits with chili powder, salt, and lime juice. SOOOOO good. I'm addicted. And the other one is just a cheese and jalapeno tamale (it's hard to see the cheese in the photo, tho). Delicious.

So, what's the street food like where you live? Let's see it!!!

Last edited by LovelyLiz; 02-13-2012 at 04:59 PM.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Okay...so, I love street food. When I travel, either out of state or abroad, or even in my own city, I often love eating the street food way more than the fancy restaurants.

I remembered how true this was today when I got my lunch from a couple of street vendors. (Okay, to be totally forthright, the fruit was from a vendor on the street, but the tamale was from the trunk of a guy's car in the dollar store parking lot. I'm classy like that.)

This fruit is really popular out here in L.A. - it's a bunch of different fruits with chili powder, salt, and lime juice. SOOOOO good. I'm addicted. And the other one is just a cheese and jalapeno tamale (it's hard to see the cheese in the photo, tho). Delicious.

So, what's the street food like where you live? Let's see it!!!
Love the chili powder on the fruit!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
MeltzNyoMouf

MeltzNyoMouf has said some nice things
Default that different

Ive never had chili powder on fruit. wouldnt have thunk it..lol
MeltzNyoMouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bosnas! I wish I had a photo, but I was too busy eating them last year in Austria to think of taking photos. A Bosna is two grilled sausages with a curry mayo and grilled onions on a bun. A brilliant culinary delight brought originally to Salzburg from Bosnian immigrants.

Here are a couple of pics stolen from the web.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
joemurphy
On Timeout

joemurphy can now change their title
Default Street Food Pics!

Coming soon!
FEAST OF SAN GENNARO NYC SEPTEMBER 15-25, 2011
http://www.sangennaro.org/index.htm
joemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
Bosnas! I wish I had a photo, but I was too busy eating them last year in Austria to think of taking photos. A Bosna is two grilled sausages with a curry mayo and grilled onions on a bun. A brilliant culinary delight brought originally to Salzburg from Bosnian immigrants.

Here are a couple of pics stolen from the web.
A++++++ Would eat again!

(actually, I haven't, but I would now!)
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemurphy View Post

Coming soon!
http://www.sangennaro.org/index.htm
I haven't had zeppoles in so long. I need to get back to Jersey or just buy dough from a pizzeria and make them myself. *drool*

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemurphy View Post
Coming soon!
Wow, looks delicious! I've never had those - are they like donuts?
Old 09-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #9
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Crispy and crunchy on the outside and hot and chewy on the inside. I use enough powdered sugar so that mine are snow white. lol

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 09-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Never had zeppoles?! You have my condolences.
Seriously, you have to try them if you ever have the chance.
Like CP I love mine with lots of powdered sugar. Yum!

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It appears that virtually every human culture has developed some form of deep-fried dough with powdered sugar on it. This may be a stage every civilization has to go through, like learning to make fire and legislate taxes. I venture to predict that, when we finally make contact with extraterrestrial civilizations, we will find them eating fried dough. Happily.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:17 AM   #12
LovelyLiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Leon View Post
it looks like good but its unhealthy
Oh really? Deep fried flour with sugar on it isn't as healthy as raw vegetables?

I am shocked.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

I'm sure if you ate ANYTHING in huge amounts it would be unhealthy. You can die from drinking too much water. Adults can decide for themselves.

For me, everything in moderation including moderation.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
For me, everything in moderation including moderation.
This comment deserves to be enshrined alongside Everett Dirksen's "I am a man of fixed and unyielding principles, the first of which is flexibility."

Both are pretty good mottoes for dealing with food (and other things).
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote