Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #26
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My refrigerator is full of condiments, easily at least of half of what's in there is a condiment. It's hard to choose one favorite, but Hoisin sauce is near the top of the list. I'm a pretty basic sauce girl though, sometimes I crave simple yellow mustard.

As for dips, not sure I've ever met one I didn't like. I've been using plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream for any I make myself for the last year or so. Hubby's lactose intolerance can't handle cream and I am happy with the fat content reduction.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #27
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I recently discovered prepared Colman's Mustard and I am hooked. I couldn't find it at any of my local grocery stores but thank goodness for Amazon.com
Old 09-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #28
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just realized Im pretty obsessed with Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce. that was a tasty sandwich!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #29
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Oddly I don't eat a ton of dip anymore. Its probably because hubby and I sell homemade dip mixes at craft shows. You know the old adage about working in a candy shop... That or maybe its a fear of eating the profits, not sure. Although I did break down and mix up one of our mango-peach salsa sweet cream cheese spreads after the last show. Couldn't resist, I didn't even wait for the bagels most of it went on those nut crackers they sell with pecans in them? Speaking of which, I think there's some left....
Old 10-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #30
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hummus...I prefer the garlickly kind....with these chips.

These chips are also fantastic by themselves.

Anyone else tried them with another kind of dip?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 10-01-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #31
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

For a creamy sauce, I make one that's super-simple. I take plain yogurt (preferrably the thinner super-tart Bulgarian style I get at Whole Foods) and mix in some Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. Which has shallots, onions, salt, garlic, chives, and green peppercorn. It's not ranch, but not all that different from ranch. Consider it an onion dip/dressing with a little bit of extra oomph.

For a thin sauce, and an Asian style one, I LOVE Nuoc Cham. You mix lime juice, a little rice vinegar, fish sauce, red chili paste, garlic, and sugar or honey to your preferred balance of hot, sour, salty, and sweet, then thin it down a bit with water until it's as strong or weak as you like. I usually make it when I make spring rolls, but I like it on lots of things, since the sauce keeps at least a week in the fridge. It's especially good with boiled shrimp, and I even like it on french fries. Moreso than either ketchup or malt vinegar at least.

Tracy
Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #32
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My favorite is marinara sauce by far, so much so that I like it heavy on pizza. With or without meat, a nice thick and robust marinara makes bread and pasta the absolute best!

Although I'm not really a fan of ranch I'll be giving some of the aforementioned a try in the near future, with the exception of the antipersonnel weapons Fuzzy mentioned from the chiliworld website; I've been exposed to pepper spray, and it doesn't strike me as being appetizing.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #33
serotonin

serotonin has said some nice things

Sriracha! So delicous.

I'm not a very fancy girl when it comes to dips/condiments... Plain ketchup, mustard and mayo.

I love French Onion Soup Mix/Sour Cream dip as well!
serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #34
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serotonin View Post
Sriracha! So delicous.

I'm not a very fancy girl when it comes to dips/condiments... Plain ketchup, mustard and mayo.

I love French Onion Soup Mix/Sour Cream dip as well!
Yes, Siracha! We call it Rooster Sauce here, because of the rooster on the bottle. It's an easy way to make some bland stuff a lot more interesting!

I really like all dips, honestly, and I love the act of dipping, and the flavor mixing, and on and on... Lately I've been craving making a good (and easy) peanut sauce for vegetables and tofu/meat. So that is my next quest! If I find one I really like, I'll post the recipe in here.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #35
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Huge fan of Tiger Sauce here. It's a little spicy and a little sweet. Love it on meatloaf (I'll coat the outside for some zing and a little crunch) And once in a while I'll even put it on some plain pasta.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #36
TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized repTexasTrouble has super-sized rep

I took this to work today and it went over really well. It's also great at Halloween parties.

Pumpkin Pie Dip

1 c. pumpkin puree
1 block cream cheese (at room temp)
1 c. powdered sugar
2 t. pumpkin pie spice (I like a lot, but you can use less)

Use an electric mixer to mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Then add pumpkin and spices. Mix that in. Serve with ginger snap cookies, apple slices, etc.
TexasTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:25 PM   #37
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrouble View Post
I took this to work today and it went over really well. It's also great at Halloween parties.

Pumpkin Pie Dip

1 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. powdered sugar

Use an electric mixer to mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Then add pumpkin and spices. Mix that in. Serve with ginger snap cookies, apple slices, etc.
I make something very similar! Here's a pic - pumpkin dip. Love the idea of the apple slices! Never thought of that.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:45 AM   #38
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrouble View Post

Pumpkin Pie Dip

1 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. powdered sugar

Oh that sounds delicious. I bet it would be fantastic with graham crackers. trying this one for sure!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #39
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Last night at the supermarket, my husband found something new. The brand is Clemente Jacques, and the product is squeeze bottles of slightly chunky hot pepper sauces called "toppers". They had jalapeno, sweet-hot chipotle, chipotle, and habanero. He bought the plain chipotle topper sauce and it's got a nice little kick to it, but very flavorful. And cheap too, the small bottles were only like $1.09.

Tracy