Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #76
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Papa Del's pizza, Champaign Illinois.

I can honestly say I would sell blood and plasma for the chance to eat their pizza again. It's just short of sexual for me in terms of how intensely I can remember everything about it--the smells, the sights, the tastes...

TFG, our pizzas are very different (and part of me, having seen the pix, thinks maybe you could make that at home with some experimentation?), but I feel you. Pizza is unique to the region and it just doesn't translate well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
Papa Del's was so good! I miss Garcia's slices too. And the Tollhouse Pie that the U of I cafeterias used to have, OH MY LORD, so good. I worked in the caf and we used to hide a couple of pies and the workers would feast after hours.

Other things I miss:

Chef BoyArDee spaghetti sauce. It was crap in a can with fake meat, but it was comfort food.

Date Bars. From Betty Crocker, I think. They don't make the mix anymore. I found a recipe, but it's just not the same.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
PREACH IT, SISTER!

I remember Garcia's--'Pizza in a Cup.'
Which caf did you work in? I lived in PAR for 2 years.
Quote:
I don't remember Pizza in a Cup. Was it a soup? I just remember those delicious rectangular slices and that a football game wasn't complete without a sighting of the "Flying Tomato" (The ORIGINAL hot air balloon- not some redheaded skater).

I lived in FAR for 3 years, so I worked there. Worked at ISR and Busey-Evans my senior year. Graduated in 85. You?

I L L.......
I N I

You guys are making me homesick. Garcias. Papa Dels. I lived most of my life in the Urbana-Champaign area. My mom worked at PAR in the food service office.

*sigh* That's home we be talkin' bout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
I miss Shakee's Pizza.
I never cared for Shakee's.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 PM   #77
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I N I

You guys are making me homesick. Garcias. Papa Dels. I lived most of my life in the Urbana-Champaign area. My mom worked at PAR in the food service office.

*sigh* That's home we be talkin' bout.
I could move back to Cham-Bana in a heartbeat. I loved it there
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #78
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I could move back to Cham-Bana in a heartbeat. I loved it there
I've moved on in life, but Champaign-Urbana will always be my home. I miss it.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #79
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Makes me want to google pizza-in-a-cup..