Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 08-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #26
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Won't people say that about ANYONE? I can say that about one person and another person could totally disagree with me.

Me: Geez, Maddie could do so much better than Josh.

Kendall: I dunno, he seems like a good dude for her. Smart, nice... he's an all-round cool guy.

Me: Yeah, but look at how he looks! He dresses like some street punk!

Kendall: Well, maybe that's just his style. Not all guys who dress that way are street punks, y'know.

Me: Whatever, I still say he's no good.

See? And that's just an example I came up with on the fly. When faced with something like that, you just say something in a calm manner. If they don't agree with you, just shrug and move on. The OP handled this in a perfect way. I commend that person.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #27
idontspeakespn
Rabble-rousing since 1982

idontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot picsidontspeakespn does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordQuas View Post
I go to a community college outside of Cleveland. The other day I was talking to a couple of classmates while having a cigarette and somehow the subject of why guys like big women came up.

One of them is a relatively averaged sized white woman and the other was a very thin white woman. The thin one said it's usually because of low self esteem and the average sized one said she didn't really think that was the case. They went back and forth for a few minutes while I tried my best to keep my mouth shut.

At one point the skinny one revealed that she used to be fat (I didnt press her on how big she used to be but judging from her comments I'd guess not really that big) and I couldnt take it anymore. I asked her if she would be surprised to know that I loved (yes I used the word love) big women. She replied with "How could I not be? You're a decent looking well spoken guy, you can do so much better than fat chicks." The averaged sized chick was in shock and clearly was expecting me to blow up. It just so happened that I finished my cigarette right after she said this so after a few seconds of awkward silence I just smiled and told them both I'd see them next week in class.

After typing this I really don't have much of a point with this post, I just felt the need to let it out and didn't really feel like telling my girlfriend (I love her to death, I just don't think she would have had much to say about it).

Thoughts? Comments? Should I have checked her or did I do the right thing by just letting her marinate in her own ignorance and self-hatred?
I think you handled that the best way possible. It was classy and you showed more restraint that I would have. This type of ignorant response is the same kind of response people give me if I am in a mixed race relationship--only I'm the low point, and my boyfriends could surely 'do better'. I think your situation happens a lot more now, though, because mixed-race relationships aren't as taboo as they used to be.

*sigh*

It makes me very angry, but not a whole lot you can do against such prejudice .
Old 08-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #28
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
I like to retort with "I am doing better." lol
my response is usually something akin to "not really, there's nothing better than being myself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:46 AM   #29
khrestel

khrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going on

My mom has told the same to almost every bf of mine. They could do better than me, a fat girl.

I guess that's the reason I sometimes feel I shouldn't go along to certain places with my husband, work related occassions etc. I'm afraid more people think the same way and been seen with me takes his "value" down in their eyes.
khrestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #30
JMCGB
Let me feed you

JMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
The proper response is "No, I can't, but not in the way you think."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
I like to retort with "I am doing better." lol
Both of these are nice retorts!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #31
Tkscz

Tkscz can now change their title

You remind me of my buddy Adam. Very patient with the ignorant. Me, I would've asked my buddy Ashley to punch her in the face. She likes punching ignorant people. But that's just me.... and my entire family.
Tkscz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #32
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrestel View Post
My mom has told the same to almost every bf of mine. They could do better than me, a fat girl.

I guess that's the reason I sometimes feel I shouldn't go along to certain places with my husband, work related occassions etc. I'm afraid more people think the same way and been seen with me takes his "value" down in their eyes.
...o_o

Frell, that is just...

Blimey.

I'm sorry. That's so horrible! I mean, isn't that the job of the guy's domineering mother? X_x Not...

*sigh*

This is why I laugh whenever I hear somebody extoll the virtues of feminine compassion and maternal instinct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote