Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 12-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
blubrluvr
Practical Conservative

blubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Asperger's Syndrome and FA-dom

I've been thinking about this a lot. I've noticed that the "geek" factor is indeed part of FA-dom. When I say "geek" I don't necessarily mean technical/scientific aptitude, but that non-conformist, misfit, outcast quality. Another aspect is "obsessive" traits that are often associated with Asperger's.

Now, I have problems with Asperger's being labeled some kind of abnormality. I think that it is simply a "difference" much like eye, skin or hair color. Nevertheless, the psychological community seems to have done a wonderful job labeling those with varying personality traits. Aspies seem to be less concerned about how other people feel about them. There are those (I'll label them as suffering from "Asshole Syndrome") who are obsessed about the image the present and their social standing. They're manipulative, obsessed with things like office politics and pop culture. They're the ultimate conformists. Unfortunately, society seems to reward that behavior and these people tend to rise to positions of power, wealth and influence.

But I digress...

So what say you? Are those who are labeled as "Asperger's" more likely to be FAs? I tend to believe so. Many FA's I know have other obsessions and are often considered experts in their fields. They have passions outside of that which is big and jiggly and arousing.

Looking forward to comments.
blubrluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
blubrluvr
Practical Conservative

blubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

In case you haven't guessed, I consider most psychologists to be assholes.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
ChubbyChaserDave

ChubbyChaserDave can now change their title

I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 4 and I'm a pretty hardcore FA. My best friend who also has Asperger's is also a FA except unlike me he's gay. Another one of my friends who knows both of us and does not have Asperger's once said to me that he wondered if there was some sort of connection between having Asperger's and being a FA. I don't know if there is, but it is an interesting concept.
ChubbyChaserDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think you'll find people from all walks of life attracted to fat people, and I don't think people with Asperger's are any more or less likely to be amongst that group.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
klasdow9009

klasdow9009 can now change their title

People with asperger's have less of a social filter (or no social filter whatsoever), i.e. they tend to be very up front, blunt, etc. People that I know with asperger's basically can't lie at all, their brains just don't work that way; they are very logical.

Therefore, I would think that any FA with asperger's would be very open about their preferences because they simply cannot act otherwise. On the other hand, an FA who does not have asperger's would tend to be much more socially aware of the "consequences" that come with being an FA and would probably A) be more inclined to hide it and B) have the necessary skills to hide it.

So in answer to your question, I think that no, there is not a correlation between FAism and having asperger's, but I think that it might seem that way because a much higher percentage of FA's with asperger's are out than the population of non-asperger's FA's.
klasdow9009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubrluvr View Post
Are those who are labeled as "Asperger's" more likely to be FAs?
I'd say FA's with Asperger's tendencies are more likely to be an open FA rather than a closeted FA. They are probably less likely to exhibit hidden tendencies like being a secret feeder. It's more of a "what you see is what you get" kind of personality.

Non Asperger FAs are probably more of the closeted FA or a secret feeder. They are caught between worlds, wanting a fat partner but fearful of how other people see them.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:32 AM   #7
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not a geek, I don't have aspergers and yet I love fat girls.

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:01 AM   #8
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Putting Aspergers in quotations and saying it's not some kind of abnormality is doing a disservice to those who have it. It's like saying chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia are not real.

Aspergers is a type of autism.
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #9
tummylovin'003

tummylovin'003 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestummylovin'003 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasdow9009 View Post
People with asperger's have less of a social filter (or no social filter whatsoever), i.e. they tend to be very up front, blunt, etc. People that I know with asperger's basically can't lie at all, their brains just don't work that way; they are very logical.

Therefore, I would think that any FA with asperger's would be very open about their preferences because they simply cannot act otherwise. On the other hand, an FA who does not have asperger's would tend to be much more socially aware of the "consequences" that come with being an FA and would probably A) be more inclined to hide it and B) have the necessary skills to hide it.

So in answer to your question, I think that no, there is not a correlation between FAism and having asperger's, but I think that it might seem that way because a much higher percentage of FA's with asperger's are out than the population of non-asperger's FA's.
With you on this one. My 'baby' brother (7 years old) has been diagnosed with aspergers, and rarely keeps his opinions to himself, bless him! He's very honest, painfully honest!

I don't believe that he will grow up to be a FA purely because he has aspergers. Interesting thought though.
tummylovin'003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #10
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klasdow9009 View Post

Exactly this. I wasn't diagnosed as Aspy until I was 40 but my preference for SS/BBW was always completely transparent. I suspect it never occurred to me to hide it because social acceptance simply wasn't a priority for me. I'm far from being free of inhibitions but the ones I have are very different from the Neurotypical (NT).
Old 12-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #11
blubrluvr
Practical Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Putting Aspergers in quotations and saying it's not some kind of abnormality is doing a disservice to those who have it. It's like saying chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia are not real.

Having been diagnosed myself and having two offspring with the same label, I think, affords me the right to say as I please.

It's been suggested that Edison and Einstein were Aspergers.

Thank you.

Last edited by EvilPrincess; 12-04-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: edited by MOD
Old 12-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #12
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb Structural Significators

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post

From Wikipedia: "The brains of fibromyalgia patients show structural and behavioral differences from those of healthy individuals, but it is unclear whether the brain anomalies cause fibromyalgia symptoms or are the product of an unknown underlying common cause. Some research suggests that these brain anomalies may be the result of childhood stress, or prolonged or severe stress..." I recall NOT being an FA until certain specific incidents between the ages of 10 and 11 stressed me majorly. We're discussing the relative merits of theories. Outrage is inappropriate.
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #13
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I'm not a geek, I don't have aspergers and yet I love fat girls.

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule.
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
FeedYouInFlorida

FeedYouInFlorida has said some nice things

I'm a FA; I'm not formally diagnosed, but based on reading I believe I have Asperger's. With age and experience, I have learned to filter myself in the extreme.
FeedYouInFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've yet to meet someone with Aspergers who wasn't attracted to jiggly bits. I've met quite a few, some flat-out FAs... some just liking big boobs and butts, which tend to be on fat ladies the most.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just fyi Asperger's may be going away as a diagnosis. We'd just be High Functioning ASD in the new DSM5 when it comes out.

From the DSM5 website:
The work group is proposing that this disorder be subsumed into an existing disorder: Autistic Disorder (Autism Spectrum Disorder).

I don't much care either way. For 40 years I was just an aloof asshole. Finding out I was a "clinical asshole" with a congenital brain abnormality didn't really help much.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #17
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChaserDave View Post
My best friend who also has Asperger's is also a FA except unlike me he's gay.
I have soooo many Bear Chaser friends... I think its adorable!
Old 12-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Having been diagnosed myself and having two offspring with the same label, I think, affords me the right to say as I please.
No, not really.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
blubrluvr
Practical Conservative

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
No, not really.
That's right. I'm posting an a liberal-dominated-overly-politically-correct forum where censorship is the rule.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I've been thinking about this a lot. I've noticed that the "geek" factor is indeed part of FA-dom. When I say "geek" I don't necessarily mean technical/scientific aptitude, but that non-conformist, misfit, outcast quality. Another aspect is "obsessive" traits that are often associated with Asperger's.

Now, I have problems with Asperger's being labeled some kind of abnormality. I think that it is simply a "difference" much like eye, skin or hair color. Nevertheless, the psychological community seems to have done a wonderful job labeling those with varying personality traits. Aspies seem to be less concerned about how other people feel about them. There are those (I'll label them as suffering from "Asshole Syndrome") who are obsessed about the image the present and their social standing. They're manipulative, obsessed with things like office politics and pop culture. They're the ultimate conformists. Unfortunately, society seems to reward that behavior and these people tend to rise to positions of power, wealth and influence.

But I digress...

So what say you? Are those who are labeled as "Asperger's" more likely to be FAs? I tend to believe so. Many FA's I know have other obsessions and are often considered experts in their fields. They have passions outside of that which is big and jiggly and arousing.

Looking forward to comments.
Some years ago I noticed the FA/autism correlation and did a thread about it either on here or Fantasy Feeder, I can't find the thread though. I have actually discussed the topic with several FAs who have Asperger's. One of them put forward the theory that his mind is always racing and chaotic, an exhausting thing, then he sees a fat girl and his brain suddenly is becalmed. He said that all the curves and dimensions seem to appeal to his mathematical mind and seem to keep his attention, stopping his mind racing. Maybe that's just him though, i don't know! But yes, I think there may well be some correlation. Though the people saying that Asperger people are just less likely to keep it secret have a very good point too. I still think though that it's more than that. About two years ago I actually mentioned this to a friend in FF chat, and up piped no less than FOUR guys who all then said that they have Asperger's. This was in a room of about 20 people, and we had a laugh about it.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
That's right. I'm posting an a liberal-dominated-overly-politically-correct forum where censorship is the rule.
This isn't necessary at all. Keep it in Hyde Park and maybe by posting there you'll see based on his posts the Webmaster's probably best described as center-right
Old 12-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #22
jakub
Visitor

jakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjakub can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
then he sees a fat girl and his brain suddenly is becalmed.
I know this feeling.
jakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #23
blubrluvr
Practical Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Just fyi Asperger's may be going away as a diagnosis. We'd just be High Functioning ASD in the new DSM5 when it comes out.

From the DSM5 website:
The work group is proposing that this disorder be subsumed into an existing disorder: Autistic Disorder (Autism Spectrum Disorder).

I don't much care either way. For 40 years I was just an aloof asshole. Finding out I was a "clinical asshole" with a congenital brain abnormality didn't really help much.
You're not an abnormal asshole. You're just "different". Notice how the psychological community has taken personality traits and labeled them as abnormalities? Baloney! What's next? medicating us so we all act the same? Orwell's world is not that far away sorry to say. Disorder my $%#! Thomas Sowell agrees: http://www.amazon.com/Einstein-Syndr...3038384&sr=1-1 Oh, but he's a conservative so he must be nuts. Sowell is another great mind that psychologists would label as "abnormal". If Einstein and Edison were alive today, they probably would have been medicated or institutionalized into obscurity. Tragic.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #24
Britt Reid
Library Editor

Britt Reid can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBritt Reid can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

There is a site, found here, devoted to discussion forums on Aspergers - according to Google there are some (only a few) who see a corrolation between Aspergers and "out of the norm" attractions, including weight related ones. Nothing definitive, however,
Britt Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #25
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hitler ate pickles and was a nazi, therefore everyone who eats pickles is a nazi. I'm sure lots of people with Aspy's and aspy-like symptoms (which people without apsy's also can have) like fat people just like lots of people without it like fat people. I'm also sure that lots of people with it like thin people just like lots of people without it like fat people.

Pickles.

Yes, I just godwin'd the thread.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote