Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 12-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
mathlete

mathlete has said some nice things
Default Stomach problems from eating too much

I'm not exactly a gainer - I always change my mind, but I suppose I have got a bit bigger from eating too much every so often. Anyway, I think I have irritable bowel syndrome. I have a feeling it might be from overeating. I was at least 7 or 8 when I became interested in gaining, then when I was 12, I put on about 7 pounds in a few weeks by eating loads. Then I kept bingeing on and off. In 9 months, I put on 20 - 25 lbs, but I grew a few inches too. I didn't gain much considering that, but I was eating a lot. I'm not sure, but my stomach pains might have started when I started trying to gain. I'm 18 now, so it's a bit hard to remember. I just want to know if anyone had a similar experience. I haven't gone to the doctor, at first because I thought something was seriously wrong, but now, I just don't want my mummy finding out in case she makes a fuss.
mathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
I'm not exactly a gainer - I always change my mind, but I suppose I have got a bit bigger from eating too much every so often. Anyway, I think I have irritable bowel syndrome. I have a feeling it might be from overeating. I was at least 7 or 8 when I became interested in gaining, then when I was 12, I put on about 7 pounds in a few weeks by eating loads. Then I kept bingeing on and off. In 9 months, I put on 20 - 25 lbs, but I grew a few inches too. I didn't gain much considering that, but I was eating a lot. I'm not sure, but my stomach pains might have started when I started trying to gain. I'm 18 now, so it's a bit hard to remember. I just want to know if anyone had a similar experience. I haven't gone to the doctor, at first because I thought something was seriously wrong, but now, I just don't want my mummy finding out in case she makes a fuss.
Really depends what you are eating -

On another angle- I remember reading a blog by former Bodybuilding Champion Leroy Cobert- in the 1950s (before the widespread use of protein powders and other supplements) lifters ate huge quantities of food (especially plenty of milk and beef). The problem was an upset stomach. One lifter , Marvin Eder, rarely had digestive problems... the secret... he ate pineapples. There is a natural chemical in pineapples that aids in digestion....

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote